Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 323159 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #1380 on: January 15, 2017, 05:32:13 pm »

Warcraft 3 TFT's map editor. it is amazing and people do still make maps for it to this day AFAIK. It comes free with TFT too, so you get a great RTS with it.

True. I used to play the shit outta Undead Assault and S.W.A.T.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 15, 2017, 09:55:31 pm »

Have you considered Terraria?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 15, 2017, 09:59:46 pm »

Have you considered Terraria?

Lol, yes. I've played both Terraria and Starbound, and while the latter is somewhat better--neither are particularly endearing to me.

Frankly there just aren't any really good building games out there right now I think. MC is great... but I'm just always very disenchanted by the system. Either you build it in a world where it's like to be destroyed by some dickwad, build it on a server that really dedicates itself to something great but will likely never be finished an your stuff probably rebuilt, or you build it for yourself. Which is fun--but it gets old after a while. I would even consider modding via Skyrim's TESeditor as a way to make some fun stuff for people to enjoy, but sadly impossible on my mac.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

EDIT: As a brief history. I've played MC, Besiege, Stronghold II, Cities: Skylines, Factorio, Terraria, Starbound, Simple Planes, Kerbal Space Program, Reassembly, Planet Explorers, Life is Feudal, Space Engineers, Starmade, Landmark, From The Depths, Children of A Dead Earth, Banished, Airships: Conquer The Skies, ARK, From Dust, Star Ruler, Castle Story, etc. Not to mention the countless games with editors. Needless to say, some of these are better than others--but none really fulfill the itch of building something great and being able to share that with the community. To pass on a sense of wonder of some magnificent construct or level or mod. MC comes closest perhaps, and indeed, I was very close to joining Westeroscraft, but had to bail mid-build-challenge because I just didn't have time. Sadness.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:08:06 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 03, 2017, 02:10:23 am »

What's a game where you really get to destroy your enemies? You grind their forces to dust, burn their villages, end their bloodline and level their great works to build a Wal-Mart or strip joint on top of the remains. No mysterious respawns or invisible walls or plot armor.

I know most of the answers will probably be 4X or other strategy games... I don't really care for those tbh unless it's Fire Emblem style tactical stuff. But if there's one that's truly exceptional I'll try it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 03, 2017, 03:12:32 am »

Well it only has some of what you're looking for, but in the Guild II you can murder your rivals and wipe out their dynasty. You can also torch their homes and businesses. No strip joints though. :P

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 03, 2017, 05:10:06 am »

Well it only has some of what you're looking for, but in the Guild II you can murder your rivals and wipe out their dynasty. You can also torch their homes and businesses. No strip joints though. :P
:) Nice suggestion. I haven't thought about it that way before, but yes, it must be possible to give yourself the challenge to block, sabotage and eventually completely destory another family.
Wow, - Guild (both 1 and 2) just became the most evil games in my book, as you can choose to give a baby a life of missery, defeats and eventually torture and death, - just for the crime of being born into the wrong family.
(Now, - if only you could name your opponents dynasties, - perhaps there is a name file somewhere that you can edit.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:14:41 am by askovdk »
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 03, 2017, 07:39:49 am »

What would you change it too? The "fuck those guys" dynasty?

In the same vein, Crusader Kings 2. Conquer your rival whole-sale, pillage their dominion, murder their family, torture them, castrate them, blind them, take all they own. And then, only then, may they die.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 03, 2017, 09:12:55 am »

What would you change it too? The "fuck those guys" dynasty?

More like previous managers, annoying job rivals, childhood bullies, and anyone trolling the bay12 forum.  ;)
When it comes to grudges; China is 'forget and forgive' compared to me.  8)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Zasir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 04, 2017, 12:04:41 am »

I highly recommend free games. Here are two Steam keys, first come first serve:
Rust: VX5WY-X002F-53L6L
Stronghold Crusader 2: ZV06V-0094R-W77B4

Enjoy!

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 04, 2017, 12:10:07 am »

Enjoy!

Thanks you, I nabbed Rust :D

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1390 on: February 04, 2017, 02:54:07 am »

Since there's no For Honor thread (yet?), I'll ask here:

It looks like a heck of a lot of fun, and I really enjoy Dark Souls PvP. However, I live in South Africa and ping 200~350 to the EU and upwards of 500 to the US. What do reckon the odds are I'll a) enjoy the game and b) be able to actually play it?

I've watched a handful of streams, and PraiseTheSun reckons the netcode is pretty flawless, but there's good and there's miraculous.

Anyone have thoughts?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 04, 2017, 10:55:54 am »

200-500 ping? You have 0% chance of enjoying it.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 04, 2017, 11:05:36 am »

Enjoy!
I yoinked Stronghold Crusader 2. Might as well give it a try, even though I haven't heard nice things about it.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 04, 2017, 04:26:24 pm »

I need to scratch an itch I have. And that itch is the lack of a decent city builder.
Well, I have Cities Skylines, but not the two latest DLC yet.. And I also have my eyes on Urban Empire.

But aside from those.. I need something else until I have bought either.
Anyone have a suggestion of anything free but decent that out there?

edit: Nevermind, I see I can afford the 2 DLCs for Cities Skylines. Urban Empire can wait.
No need to recommend me anything for now.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:39:14 pm by Ultimuh »

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 08, 2017, 07:11:52 am »

I want a PC game that I can start and stop and start again without too much difficulty. RPG elements are fine but without grinding. A compelling story that's narrative driven without repetitive randomly generated content. Nice graphics are a must, voice acting is preferred over text. Single player only, not multiplayer online. Genre isn't too important, but no Sim/4X/RTS/Sports/Casual games. Action/Adventure/RPG would be nice. Action would be least preferred since they're most likely to require player skill development to overcome harder challenges.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 179