Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317828 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Opposing forces
« Reply #600 on: March 03, 2014, 08:38:46 am »

"Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 03, 2014, 08:59:15 am »

Corrected more abbr tags in the turn. Damn, why are there so many non-standarized tags left?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 05, 2014, 08:34:55 am »

Turn 023

Let's try this, then.

Wonder if I slept with some vengeful deity's daughter or something.
Remove Derm from Outcast, toss the latter into the abyss.

Escape to the room behind me!

Hah! You'll never get past my squid!

:D

"hm... Oh yeeaa"

Bigf01t flexes his new, faster more dexterous limbs as a maniacal grin forms on his new face.

"Today, Science is GOOD!"

TURN PARAMETERS UPLOADING.

stuff

[Derm spd:6]
[DK spd:3-1=2]
[Flimsy spd:1-1-1=-1] ((Just allowing your action because it is to move half a room))
[Bigf01t spd:3-1+1=3]
[Outcast spd:6-1=5]
[Dwarf spd:5-1=4]

Derm decides that there are better ways of getting rid of people, namely, magic:

[Derm pot:1+1=2]

There is a faint glow near Outcast, but he appears to be unharmed. Better to try again:

[Derm pot:5]
[Derm dex:3]
[Unholy dex:6+1-1-0=6]

This time his spell succeeds, but his sight can't quite connect with The Outcast Wizard, who decided to just let him go. Actually, some air over the abyss begun to glow, and then transformed into a mass of paper, which fell into the void.

[Outcast dex:2+1=3]

Sadly, evading the sight of someone who was a few centimeters away from him made him lose the balance. Fortunately, he managed to grab the edge.

[Cliffhanger]

The Dragon Knight saw this opportunity as exactly what he had been looking for: an easy kill, to hopefully make him not seem to incompetent:

[DK dex:1]
[Unholy dex:1+1-1-2=-1]

[DK str:3+1=4]

And so, despite lacking a damned lot of coordination, he stomped on The Wizard's hands hard enough that he couldn't hold to the edge anymore.

The Outcast Wizard is dead. The Dragon Knight gains a stat point.

As The Dragon Knight was in ecstasy because of the soul he had earned, something was happening in the Portal Room. The Dwarf decided that he needed to kill somebody else, and who was here? Yes, Bigf01t. He rushed up to him with his hammer.

The first thing that Bigf01t thought was that the dwarf had confuse him with an elf, so he willed the magic to change him back to normal. And it did, with another flash of light that was preceded by a golden glow coming at him first.

The dwarf didn't seem to care at all, and continued with his attack. Bigf01t then tried to make his form get back, but for some reason it didn't happen, like if magic was slacking around.

Oh, shit:

[Dwarf dex:6[Dwarf dex:-1-1=4]
[Bigf01t dex:4]

((Fun fact, you failed your endurance check but it didn't apply because the d2 saved you. It was really probable for you to end up with a broken limb if he had hit))

And he narrowly evaded the golden hammer of doom. The strike actually managed to make some cracks into the floor, but curiously the hammer was pretty much bended in the process. Now it looked way funnier.

The Dwarf proceeded to shout as Bigf01t as he run to the Portal, in his usual high-pitched voice, then put his hammer over his shoulder and begun to rub a golden ring in his hand against it. Oddly, the hammer begun to slowly regain its original shape as the ring touched it.

Bigf01t didn't care at all about this because he needed a new pair of pants. He just thought about diving into the portal, something that he did head-first, only to fall face-first to the floor in another place.

[Hidden roll:1]

And that other place was the North side of the Portal Room. How nice. The dwarf was at the other side rubbing that hammer and looking at him with rage to spend the time.

Oh, fuck.

The good news were, the magic had seemingly woken up from its nap and now was ready again to transform him, or so it seemed.

The Flimsy Wizard stops loiterin around and enters the Portal Room. Huh, that silver short dude looks angry.

Damn you Squidward!

Head east to the Grand Room.  Rip off a shirt sleeve to bandage my bleeding wound.

[Dex:2+1=3]

You manage to rip part of your robe, that part is neither burned nor anything. Now you still have to use it to bandage the wound.  ((+1 to next bandaging action if it doesn't end in an overshoot))

Use science on words.

I HAVE DISCOVERED BOOZE! :D

In any case, I will be sending my turn shortly.

Baldr greets the old man and decides to keep doing science:

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick golden line appears and forms the shape of a pig. A huge pig, even bigger than the former ones, and, with a flash of light, materializes into another wooden pig.

It proceeds to get to sniffing and doing other pig stuff.

[Pot:4+1=5]
Another golden line appears and materializes into an smaller pig made of...blood. The crimson pig proceeds to do mostly the same thing as his wooden counterpart, but it heads to the western side of the room, where there is a little lake. It tries to walk over it, and is succeeds for a short time, but soon he begins to slowly sink, akin to the way a human would sink into quicksand. Fortunately for it, its position near the shore allowed it to walk back to the floor. Oddly, the water was not stained of red, like if magic had formed a barrier between the pig and the exogenous water.

[Pot:5+1=6]
Another thick line and all that magic yadda yadda after, you have a big pig made of dirt, that, as usual, goes to do pig stuff.

You are sure that being a pigomancer is not a common specialization in RPGs, but who care about that? You can summon pigs at will!

Athanasios meanwhile, also did magic:

[Pot:6]
A thick golden line appears and forms in front of you the drawing of a... Umm, you are not sure. It's like a tongue, but made from lots of curved needles. It's odd. Luckily, it stopped making you get headaches when it disappeared.

[Pot:5]
Another golden line appears and forms a table. How boring.

Cromwell appears in the Magma Room. It is hot. Like, the kind of hot that makes you sweat

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icefire2314 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 05, 2014, 08:42:27 am »

Yay!

Back into the portal room. Huddle in a corner and try to regen my magic.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 05, 2014, 10:25:25 am »

Athanasios continues to study the words.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 05, 2014, 10:31:23 am »

+1 Potency

Help Derm up, follow him into portal room. Celebrate.
Look meaningfully at Bigf01t.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 05, 2014, 11:18:55 am »

Is the squidbridge still active?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 05, 2014, 11:58:58 am »

Is the squidbridge still active?
Yes. You are trapped in the Portal Room with a boss that can reliably one-hit kill you if you are not careful. The only exit is the portal.

He is being accosted by a silver midget currently, so maybe your action won't even me noticed by him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 05, 2014, 12:25:09 pm »

He is being accosted by a silver midget currently, so maybe your action won't even me noticed by him.
Fine by me. He he he...
Sig

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 05, 2014, 04:06:53 pm »

I AM THE PIGOMANCER. FEAR ME AND MY PORKY CHILDREN.

Turn will be sent shortly.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 05, 2014, 05:57:39 pm »

Oh man, I'm so going to kill that plasma bear when I find it...
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 05, 2014, 08:02:10 pm »

Well.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 05, 2014, 08:47:30 pm »

Oh man, I'm so going to kill that plasma bear when I find it...
It just went into hibernation mode and then ceased to exist on the following turn. So, no, you can't have a revenge. :P

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 06, 2014, 01:20:49 am »

Fine by me. He he he...
Bigf01t jumps to the ready, eager and willing to take this challenge, he shoots a quick look at [GWG] almost as if [bigf01t] were being... cocky?

Will the Magic to turn me Biometal once again.

Run at the dwarf, try and get in too close for him to be able to effectively use that hammer, in fact, feint (the dodging kind, not the KO kind) and dodge the dwarf's inevitable attack, get past the hammer, grab the dwarf's head with both hands in that moment of weakness and WORDS.
Simply drop the Morning-star if it'd slow me down at all.

I think it's about time someone made this fight a little more even... Don't you think? ;)

((I know what you're thinking GWG, let's see how this pans out... shall we? :D))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:54:54 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 06, 2014, 10:32:49 am »

PIGOMANCER

Damn bandages.

Bandage the wound, damn it!  Also science because SCIENCE.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 197