Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317835 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Opposing forces
« Reply #660 on: March 16, 2014, 03:30:05 pm »

Oh holy fuck why.
((About damn time you got what's coming to you.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 16, 2014, 03:34:52 pm »

((??? Coming to me? So far all I've done is attempt to science and take potshots. People came to me looking for a fight.))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 16, 2014, 03:51:30 pm »

1) The dwarf hasn't melted, and I doubt that bursts of flame are actually able to melt metal. Maybe make it easier to bend, but not much more.
2) Derm rolled a 4 in the will roll, so I can't target the head or the torso and leave lifeless materials there, as he would have died. It would happen on really low rolls (I'm still debating if it is better to use a 1 or a 0 for a "you die becase you are incompetent as fuck". I'm leaning for a 0, though, and a 1 for a "you have been so cripped that you are pretty much useless now, but if people like you, you will survive")
1. Phooey.
2. However, it is hypothetically possible to happen, and it is worse.

Oh holy fuck why.
((About damn time you got what's coming to you.))
((??? Coming to me? So far all I've done is attempt to science and take potshots. People came to me looking for a fight.))
((What he said. Seriously, comb every turn and find one time which shows that he deserves it.
Although...overall, I suppose it could be "all that science and you survived" that you're getting coming to you.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Whack-a-Dwarf
« Reply #663 on: March 16, 2014, 07:38:39 pm »

The only argument for Derm deserving it I could see is all the science he's done at a 1/12 chance for a Pot:1 and not getting anything really bad- and that's hardly deserving.

"Damn you weak noodly arms!  Also hi pig people- that's really f'ed up with the reaper dude!"

Killem!

I need some gloves or oven mitts or something.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 16, 2014, 09:03:14 pm »

HOW DARE YOU ATTACK MY PIGS.
MY PIGS.
FIRE AT WILL MEN.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 16, 2014, 09:12:24 pm »

I guess pick up the frelling Zeus Spear and try not to electrify myself.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 16, 2014, 11:09:29 pm »

Somehow some senseless science is sure to succeed.
Use words on anyone who approaches aggressively otherwise continue experimentation.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 17, 2014, 04:01:07 am »

@GWG
NO.

DO NOT WANT. WILL NOT HAVE. SO MUCH GRRR.

Kill the midget. Go for the killing strike. Also, PM thing at the midget. Growl @ GWG because he is trying to take pretty much the only souls in this damn arena I have had ANY real success at, or been able to claim without pissing someone off. Bah. *ahem*
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 17, 2014, 07:59:53 am »

@Derm, GWG
((He deserves it for KILLING ME. I didn't do anything to him at all and he just killed me. And don't saay that I attempted to kill GWG either, well I did, but immideatelly tried to make peace.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 17, 2014, 08:02:01 am »

@Derm, GWG
((He deserves it for KILLING ME. I didn't do anything to him at all and he just killed me. And don't saay that I attempted to kill GWG either, well I did, but immideatelly tried to make peace.))
This is a PvP game, so you can't really get pissed for taking a cheap shot at someone who was vulnerable

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 17, 2014, 08:27:33 am »

@Derm, GWG
This is a PvP game, so you can't really get pissed for taking a cheap shot at someone who was vulnerable

+100 to this.  That's really the only reason I attacked Flimsy- he was standing on the bridge right next to me with his juicy -2 to dodge.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 17, 2014, 10:22:39 am »

@GWG
NO.

DO NOT WANT. WILL NOT HAVE. SO MUCH GRRR.

Kill the midget. Go for the killing strike. Also, PM thing at the midget. Growl @ GWG because he is trying to take pretty much the only souls in this damn arena I have had ANY real success at, or been able to claim without pissing someone off. Bah. *ahem*
Same to you, mate.
"Ah, the beast is angry at the knight. How adorable."

@Derm, GWG
A bit selfish of you, isn't it? "How dare he kill me in a PvP game! He therefore deserves some kind of unfortunate event to happen to him! Never mind that he's more peaceful than average, he deserves it more because his kill was me!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 17, 2014, 10:26:44 am »

Gentlemen: should the soul value of the dwarf remain a secret until his death? Or do you want me to spoil it for you?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 17, 2014, 10:29:39 am »

SECRET!

Not that I have much say in the matter.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 17, 2014, 10:34:54 am »

The question was mainly for those who can actually have a possibility of killing the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 197