Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317834 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Cripple fight!
« Reply #1020 on: May 28, 2014, 02:54:46 pm »

Hahaha, the dodge based character rolled a -5 on a dodge roll.  That's amazing :)

Cast acid at them again.  I'm not even gonna PM the word again, because you know that I know it and I probably won't get the chance anyways.

Rewaitlist as Himself, with dex 7, pot&pool 1

((You made thia game too realistic, TC.))
((I wanted to make people more conscious about their decisions, actually. The whole chunky salsa system discourages this, and that's why I decided to go for a more predictable one. Unfortunately, I didn't expect this level of penalties to be applied, but in some way they make sense: you have 0 pain tolerance, have been totaly burned, and have someone's foot embedded in your groin, which is being pulled away by its owner, potentially grabbing you to achieve that. Should it be possible for someone to miss a hit at you? Only if they lack a lot of coordination and you manage to ignore all the pain in your body, I think.

I hope that those laughs were indeed some kind of fun in the hilariousness of the turn.

By the way, you had terrible luck. Not only in the shown rolls, but in the d3s and d2s.

And I still think that the waitlist is too short))

Oh, nonono!  You misunderstand, -really, I think I should be dead now, regardless of enemy action; that axe probably severed a very large artery-  the too realistic part comes in because it was a cripple fight, with only cripples.  Yet two of the players are the highest level people in the arena.  Every fight, even if they win, they come out weaker.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 28, 2014, 03:07:53 pm »

The waitlist being short isn't a problem if the dead guys rewaitlist immediately.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 28, 2014, 03:31:23 pm »

Well, what can I say about the cripples? This was already happening in Toaster's game. It seems that Roger's theory was correct after all...

Hint: do science and be creative

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 28, 2014, 03:56:38 pm »

Who's Roger? Spells and such coming tommorow.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 28, 2014, 03:57:48 pm »

Who's Roger? Spells and such coming tommorow.
Guy with a beard, from the bad news trio.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 28, 2014, 04:36:33 pm »

Waitlist me please.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:07:31 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 28, 2014, 04:40:44 pm »

Waitlist me please.
I feared the day someone decided to make a character like this. Well, it is going to be interesting.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 28, 2014, 06:52:11 pm »

Waitlist me please.
I feared the day someone decided to make a character like this. Well, it is going to be interesting.
This is going to be hilarious.

Good luck getting a kill with your 0 Pol, though. It probably would've been a better idea to take 8 End/1 Pol and spam a single word forever.

Edit: Typo.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:10:00 pm by Elephant Parade »

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 28, 2014, 10:34:41 pm »

Hahaha oh my god that's awesome.

Lesson learned here: Don't fuck with team Derm.

On that note, Two people are unconscious, I see!

Stand up and go kick zolonds head in. No use letting perfectly good points go to waste.

I really wouldn't if I were you. He is going to die of the blood loss *I* gave him. And the paralysis *I* gave him. Points are only wasted if suicide was the out. Which oddly enough he is incapable of now achieving.

Mr GM? If his death of blood loss would waste the points, have me fall over stabby claws first onto him. Problem solved. Also please clarify how his soul is headed ATM as there seems to be confusion that could cause me and Derm "unnecessary grief"

You steal this kill... well. I wouldn't recommend it.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 28, 2014, 10:36:54 pm »

I will note that if I do steal the kill, you have another turn of unconciousness.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 28, 2014, 10:43:37 pm »

I will note that if I do steal the kill, you have another turn of unconciousness.
You know, that's right, isn't it, Mr. Derm? And we don't have any particular interest in keeping Bigf00t around. And we're about done killing our current victim.
You know what? We're freaking supervillains, aren't we?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 28, 2014, 10:54:27 pm »

Of course.

This is still pending, however.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 29, 2014, 06:27:17 am »

Clarifications:

1) The soul of the dead goes to the person that caused the fatal blow. If Zolond bleeds out, Zolond's soul belongs to Bigf00t. It can be stolen by dealing the fatal blow to Zolond, but it is unlikely for team Derm to do so, because of them Being on the NE hallway. Why? Because they more than two rooms away. Two rooms is the maximum distance you can travel and do an action afterwards on the same turn.
2) The only unconcious dude is Zolond here, and he will only be unconscious for 1 turn because he will die at the end of turn 41.
3) Bigf00t is not unconcious, he is paralyzed for two turns. This means that he losing the turn is just a contingency.

And, last one, and my favourite one:

4) Derm's foot is still attached to Thrancaole's groin. He has to roll strength and get 4 or more to free it. The need to make the roll can't be evaded even if Thrancaole dies.

So, the kill being stolen by Derm group seems unlikely.

But now I want to talk about another thing:

Here is something that I have been thinking to prevent situations like the one of the last turn:

Excessively crippled rules!

Basically, this is a way to finish someone (provided you have the means to do so), without getting him into unconciousness.

How this works:

When the defender rolls negative points, and the attacker rolls positive points (in dexterity), if the attacker's roll surpases that of the defender by 5 or more, then the strength roll follows the same rules as the ones to finish unconscious people. This means, 1 is added to the roll, and if the result is 4 or more, the target dies.
This wouldn't apply to finish those beings made of non-fleshy materials, as they follow different rules.

This, of course, is not implemented yet, so I want feedback on the idea.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 29, 2014, 06:44:32 am »

I want to use EP's idea and modify Igor's sheet so he can actually cast a spell. Is that okay?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 29, 2014, 06:51:36 am »

I want to use EP's idea and modify Igor's sheet so he can actually cast a spell. Is that okay?
Of course, I haven't even edited the waitlist yet.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 197