Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317877 times)

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Cripple fight!
« Reply #1050 on: June 02, 2014, 02:09:09 am »

... For the record, if no-one comes to steal poor Zolond's soul from me, I'd like to test the two words I sent you in the first place.
Just thought while we all have time I'd clear that up.

Sorry for not posting

Turn
Woo! Np KhHound, if you've posted a turn, we're one more closer to a nice big turn! And that is a nice gift now my assignments are over. Thank you for your unwitting gift!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 02, 2014, 07:00:40 am »

...I'l post when I get home.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 02, 2014, 10:40:35 am »

... For the record, if no-one comes to steal poor Zolond's soul from me, I'd like to test the two words I sent you in the first place.
Just thought while we all have time I'd clear that up.

Sorry for not posting

Turn
Woo! Np KhHound, if you've posted a turn, we're one more closer to a nice big turn! And that is a nice gift now my assignments are over. Thank you for your unwitting gift!
Well I thought I had till I got a PM.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 02, 2014, 03:23:40 pm »

Spoiler: List (click to show/hide)
Ererum
Sttat
Itaquaestan
Erante
Entam
Tersse
Diitu
Oruentseat

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 03, 2014, 09:06:11 am »

Turn 041

Stomp on his head.

...To clarify, Thrancaole's, not Derm's.

Do a head stomp.

Uh.

Get my junk all up out of his. Overcharge strength?

Cast acid at them again.  I'm not even gonna PM the word again, because you know that I know it and I probably won't get the chance anyways.

[DK spd:4]
[Flimsy spd:6-2-1=3]
[Derm spd:4-1-1=2]
[Thrancaole spd:3-1-1-1-3=-3] ((My apologies, but no action for you))

While both Derm and the shade are still tangled in a mess of arms, three legs, an axe and a groin, with plenty of blood and not as much acid, The Dragon Knight decides to go for the kill, at least to make it easier for Derm to unstuck his foot from the shade's body.

[DK dex:6]
[Thrancaole dex:1+2-1-1-2-2=-3]

Cripple execution:

[DK str:6+1+1=8]

And with all the hate in the world that someone can put in a single stomp, the Knight delivered his boot to the head of the shade, which didn't offer much resistance, opting for showing the knight how unpleasant it would be for any foot to meet brain matter in a really personal date. In other words, it was disgusting, but the good thing is that the shade is now dead. That is good, because you get to keep its soul.

Thrancaole is dead, The Dragon Knight gains a point.

Now that the body is not wiggling any more, it is Derm's chance to yank his foot free:

[Derm str:2+1=3]

And after twisting a damned lot, the axe-foot is almost free. Or so you think.

((Next attempt is an auto success))

And while this happens, the Flimsy Wizard just sits there, too mauled to throw a party at the corpse of the shade. Well, he didn't throw a party at the corpse of Thrakor either, which is laying some meters away.

And so the NW hallway returns to a relative peace. There are two bodies lying around, a gooey black chair, a big chunk of the wall is gas, there are two craters on the floor, one of them, albeit small, still has some blue flames in it, and maybe more bullshit. But there is a relative peace.

Quote from: Bigf00t
PM

That went really bad, you guess, but at least you have a guaranteed kill!

So, what would be better than doing science?

[Spd:3+1-1-2=1]

[Pot:5+1=6]
Thoughts of laser beams, physics-defying technology and hovering vehicles go across your head. Devices, designed to do things you would have never imagined, all painted by a clean and almost unbelievably smooth white. Hovering vehicles and spacecraft, and otherworldly weapons. And, of course, as you are a geek, you also get this pew pew sound.

Wow, you are not even sure what kind of word that was.

[Pot:2+1=3]
A bit of nothing seeps to shoot away from some part of your face.

That was an intriguing magic session.

A bit of a withe smoke comes away from Zolond's chest and enters Bigf01t's one. Ahh, it almost makes the paralysis be worth it.

Zolond has bled to death, Bigf01t gains a point

Sorry for not posting

Turn

You suddenly get an idea! Let's combine two random words and hope it is deadly!

[Pot:6]
A thick golden line appears and begins to draw a big pair of nunchucks, some big nunchucks. Well, the first part is OK. The, with a sudden flash of light, it materialises into. Nah, it can't be. Could it be? Yes! It is solid diamond! Now you can beat on people with style.

You grab the nunchucks and realize that they are really big for you to comfortably use in one hand, not to mention too heavy. Hmm, you will have to use them like a flail. Not that it matters, as you can crush heads now.

Diamond nunchucks:
[Blunt weapon]
[Two-handed]
[Heavy]

Spoiler: List (click to show/hide)
Ererum
Sttat
Itaquaestan
Erante
Entam
Tersse
Diitu
Oruentseat

And now, the favourite of the crowd! Yes, the shouting guy!

[Pot:4]
A golden line appears and draws a hand.

[Pot:2]
A golden line appears and dances for you! Aka, you fail.

[Pot:3]
You can sort of feel nothing itself getting disturbed around you.

[Pot:4]
You get a mental image of cogs, steam powered stuff and machines working on coal. Huh.

[Pot:5]
A golden line appears and draws an alligator, which proceeds to try to bite you. It doesn't succeed in that task, you as its mouth just passes through your leg.

[Pot:6]
[end:1-1=0]
You catch a glimpse of an electric arc forming in front of you, and then you are attacked by electrical currents, clinging to you from every side, using your body as a conduit and messing with everything they come across in it. A sudden sensation of numbness gets hold of your body as your nerves suffer an overload of information that they just can't handle, opting for the coward's choice of shutting down. You lose the ability to feel, to breathe,and ultimately, your heart stops.

For outsiders, it just looked like the Chronicler convulsing wildly for a couple seconds, then dropping dead, some smoke coming out of him.

Takua the Chronicler fried himself to death

Massive player spawning commencing:

Thie Testurr appears in hte Arcane Room. Robert in the Grand Room, by the corpse of Takua. Systar appears in the SE hallway.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Killehellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 03, 2014, 09:13:27 am »

...WELL THEN.
Rewaitlist me with the same sheet as before.
Oh, and I guess have the list of compiled words, I guess.
Spoiler: Word list (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Three deaths in one turn!
« Reply #1056 on: June 03, 2014, 09:22:26 am »

I LIVE... AGAIN.

I'm guessing the SW hallway is the one between the Grand and Magma rooms?

Systar awakens with a start.  He was sleeping in today... hey, where the hell is he?  What's this book?  Bah, magic?  Not in the mood.  He stuffs it in his pants and looks around.

That red heat from the south couldn't be good.  He heads the other way instead and hangs a left.

Head toward the Portal Room (via Greenhouse Room).  Anyone who attacks me gets put in a full nelson.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:48:55 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 03, 2014, 09:26:05 am »

I LIVE... AGAIN.

I'm guessing the SW hallway is the one between the Grand and Magma rooms?

Systar awakens with a start.  He was sleeping in today... hey, where the hell is he?  What's this book?  Bah, magic?  Not in the mood.  He stuffs it in his pants and looks around.

That red heat from the south couldn't be good.  He heads the other way instead and hangs a left.

Head toward the Portal Room.  Anyone who attacks me gets put in a full nelson.
It is the semicircular hallway between greenhouse and magma rooms.

Also, I keep reading your character name as "sista"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 03, 2014, 09:26:46 am »

For a given definition of "west" then?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 03, 2014, 09:48:05 am »

For a given definition of "west" then?
My bad, I keep writing that as West when it should be East. Correcting it in the post irght now.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 03, 2014, 10:33:42 am »

Hmm.

+1 Pool I think. Fateful science beckons.

Also, word me.

Condolences to the massacred.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 03, 2014, 11:11:22 am »

Well, that was fun. Returning to lurker mode till Zolond gets back.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 03, 2014, 11:58:25 am »

((Well, with Takua dead, I'm tempted to take over the task of a public word list if nobody objects. Although my pool isn't nearly as large. Gimme a bit and I'll edit in an action.))

Spoiler: Public Word List (click to show/hide)

Robert blinks as he materializes in the Grand Room. "What the hell? This ain't my mountaintop home! And I was just in the middle of making some moonshine. Dadgummit." He mutters to himself before looking down and noticing a book in his hands. "A book? Why the hell do I need a book? Oh well, might as well give it a shot. Nothin' else to do at the moment." He says, opening the book and flipping through it.

Tersse Periamquaes, pointing at a wall.

R-509 Etta

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:20:59 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 03, 2014, 12:18:28 pm »

RIP, those three guys. We hardly knew ye and barely cared.

+1 Pool
Clean off my boot.

"Well. It seems that we've slain another knave. Perhaps we should find another area, free of such bodies, until such time as they have been removed by whatever dark forces maintain this strange place?"

Also, repair my hammer with the ring.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:11:56 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 03, 2014, 02:39:20 pm »

"Agreed. Follow me!"

Movement and science.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 197