Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317831 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Derm can now heal himself. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
« Reply #1335 on: July 25, 2014, 06:39:18 pm »

Hahaha! What a time to be alive.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: July 25, 2014, 07:19:05 pm »

Systar, stay out of my way. Time to take another page from the Art of WAAAGH!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: July 25, 2014, 09:36:21 pm »

Don't get any WAAAGH on me.  That'd just be gross.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 25, 2014, 09:41:41 pm »

Oh this'll be something to see.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 25, 2014, 10:40:21 pm »

Only five more corpses until Flimsy Wizard reappears!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: July 25, 2014, 10:48:30 pm »

Why no lightning?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: July 26, 2014, 12:50:58 am »

Well fuck

Goddamnit RNG

Indeed, that was terrible luck. The good thing is that it has a -1 to str rolls, required to kill you.

By the way, if it managed to kill you, it would become a sort of mini-boss. because it will be worth 1 soul.

inb4 it becomes a player in and of itself by slaughtering everyone
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: July 26, 2014, 12:52:40 am »

I live! Mwahahaha! Time for science.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: July 26, 2014, 01:59:30 am »

But, Igor then realizes that he feels that something is bothering him, in his chest. He then coughs a little. Oh, no, not you too.
YES! MWAHAHAHA~! POINT IN STRENGTH. MUST SHOW IGOR HOW SMASH!

As much as I want to Kill-Steal RolePGeek's soul from his own leg right now, I must abstain.

Unless he wants me to of course. (?)
Also worth noting is that his own leg is managing to kill him faster than I am managing to kill other people. Goddamn it RolePGeek!

I suppose it's time to commence ENDURANCE TESTING ON SUBJECT: IGOR.
TEST ONE, INTRODUCE MAGIC AND MACE TO GENERAL FACE-REGION.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Shortest lived player-created miniboss.
« Reply #1344 on: August 03, 2014, 11:34:16 am »

Turn 057

Hahaha! What a time to be alive.

Why no lightning?

YES! MWAHAHAHA~! POINT IN STRENGTH. MUST SHOW IGOR HOW SMASH!
TEST ONE, INTRODUCE MAGIC AND MACE TO GENERAL FACE-REGION.[/u][/b]

More speed rolling!

[Thing spd:5+1=6]
[Derm spd:3-1-1=1]
[Igor spd:6-1-1-1=3]
[Bigf01t spd:2+1-1-1=1]

Before all the killstealers are able to come as the soul burglars they are, the weird thing manages to begin strangling the poor unconscious Testurr:

[Thing str:3-1+1+1=4]
And it manages to slowly crush the neck of its victim, to the point the windpipe is unable to recover its past form, and thus, unable to carry the precious oxygen to Testurr's body. He gets a slow and painless death. That's something relatively good here, don't you think so?

Testurr is dead, the Thing gains a stat point

And now, everybody arrives and finds the weird thing attached to a dead guy, absorbing the white smoke through its chest. Guess that the only thing to do now is to try to beat it to death.

First, Igor's turn! He snatches the cold hammer from Testurr's immobile hands and tries to beat the thing to death:

[Igor dex:3-1+1-1-1=1]
[Thing dex:5+1-2-1=3]

But the weird glowing humanoid rolls and wiggles, with Igor only managing to hit Testurr's non-alive leg. And his groin. Fortunately for Testurr, he had already died.

Now its Derm's turn!

[Derm dex:4+1-0-1-1=3]
[Thing dex:2+1-2-1-1=-1]

[Derm str:5+1+1=7]

His spear penetrates the weird creature through the forehead, it twitches in response, seemingly not dead yet, then Derm twists it around, bending all the cogs, jamming some, mangling really badly other ones. With a final leverage, some of them jump out of the face and making clanking sounds as they hit the ground. The thing then stops moving, and more white smoke comes from the chest of t, to get into Derm's.

That was the most short-lived player-created miniboss. A pity that it didn't live more, he was going to put that point in pool, and was going to try to kill you all and free himself from the body at the same time, likely succeeding at least in the latter action.

The Thing is dead, Derm gains a stat point

Where were we? oh, yes, now it's Bigf01t's turn, and he didn't want to get that soul in particular, but to get Igor's one! First, the magic:

[Bigf01t pot:5+1=6]
[Bigf01t dex:4+1+1=6]
[Igor dex:5-1=4]

A huge blob of acid appears in front of the alien dude, which was deliberately in front of Igor's face too. He responded by leaning backwards, so that his face couldn't get to horribly melted away, but sadly his right leg caught some of it. It burns, like, badly. Igor doesn't care, but it doesn't mean that his poor leg is invulnerable to the acid either. Big01t just jumped away from it, not wanting to test his theory on himself.

Gained:
[Bleeding II]
[Burned]

And now comes the spiky thing!

[Bigf01t dex:5+1+1-1=6]
[Igor dex:3-1-1=2]

[Bigf01t str:4+1-1+1=5]

The shiny thing hits Igor in one of his sides, the impact severely disorienting him and scratching his face with those cursed spikes.

Gained:
[Dizziness]
[Bleeding I]

((Funny thing, had Bigf01t rolled 1 higher Igor would be dead))

In the middle of this fight, the blood wall flashed with light and it became diamond again. Not that it matters much, anyway.

I live! Mwahahaha! Time for science.

Yes, let's die horribly! I mean, do science!

[Pot:5+1=6]
A golden line appears and draws a huge morningstar, which banishes after a short time.

[Pot:2+1=3]
Now another line appears, drawing something with a handle. Yeah, that is a handle. You are not sure about what is the prism attached to it supposed to be.

[Pot:1+1=2]
Now you get a dancing line. Woo! That's disappointing.

Systar, stay out of my way. Time to take another page from the Art of WAAAGH!

Don't get any WAAAGH on me.  That'd just be gross.

ROLL HARDER.

[Robert spd:5]
[Systar spd:2+1=3]

Robert wants to finish the guy once and for all! With magicky things!

[Robert pot:4+1+1=6]
[Robert dex:4]
[Robert will:4-1=3]
[Bea your pot will:4-1=3]
[Mako dex:4+1+1-1-1-1=3]
[Mako will:1-1=0]

The diamond Ork pointed at the helpless Mako, and said a could words. From his hands, a dark green and formless mass of faces came out, wailing and tormented, seeking the torment of others. Mako, couldn't move much, the spirits encircling him. They were scratching, pulling and yanking wildly at something from him. He felt them, but they didn't seem to go for anything he had ever cared. No, they were going for his soul, his very essence, that thign that he didn't even think it existed. But it did, and was being pulled apart. The spirits left, but leaved Mako's connection to this world quite fragile.
The Ork didn't manage to totally expel all of the spirits, some deciding to bother him. His soul suffered, but not as much.

Mako:
Soul meter:2/6

Robert:
Soul meter:4/6

But Systar also was the kill! He tries, instead, some of that old school curbstomping:

[Systar dex:6]
[Mako dex:3+1+1-1-1-1-1=1]

[Systar str:1+1+1=3]

And now Systar's leg hits Mako right on his forehead. The head refuses to crack, but the world is still spinning around for Mako.

Mako is no longer paralyzed.

Thrancaole appears in the Greenhouse Room. Now to devour the whole world!

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roguearchivist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

GM comments

We are back! While I had internet access while I was out, I lacked the necessary files to run the game properly. Also, the internet connection was too crappy.

Anyway, on my time out, I've thinking about changes that could be applied to the game, but mostly discarded all of them, excluding one:

How about that if when new players spawn, they do so in "The Room". It's basically a place where they can do science for 3 turns without being bothered, and then are sent into the action, so that the gap between new and old players becomes less wide.

Discuss.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 03, 2014, 11:46:13 am »

Sounds alright.

But skip this phase and maybe just give them a randomly rolled weapon if they have no pool.

Anyway, Point to Dex. Get that damn thing to a permanent +1 will you. Also other things that don't might involve shanking helpless people.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:14:04 pm by Dermonster »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 03, 2014, 12:01:43 pm »

GET OUT. RUN. ANYWHERE ELSE AND JUAT KEEP GOING.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 03, 2014, 12:28:25 pm »

Apply smackdown.  If Mako is still down, curbstomp again.  If he's up, tackle and strangle him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 03, 2014, 12:39:46 pm »

WAAAAAGH!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 03, 2014, 05:37:51 pm »

Wait so did I die or what?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 197