Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317857 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Can't you die already?
« Reply #1740 on: December 01, 2014, 12:05:07 pm »

Dragon want snack.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: A Perplexicon game where Derm actually dies. Heresy!
« Reply #1741 on: December 02, 2014, 01:17:50 pm »

Turn 083

"Fucking SERIOUSLY!? GO THE HELL AWAY!"

Fight

"I agree that this is taking an unnecessarily long time!"

Systar, in the Grand Room, with the naginata.  On Derm's chest.

Dragon want snack.

[Derm spd:1+1-3=-1] ((Turn lost! You will always act next turn))
[Igor Jr. spd:2-1=1]
[Systar spd:1-1=0]
[Robert spd:6]

The drake has had enough of all this. He prepares to unleash a terrible spell upon his foe! He rushes to Systar, who happens to be besides the other two guys, and shouts some words:

[Robert pot:1+1=2]
But there is only a glimpse of a shadow trying to form in front of him. Unfortunately (or fortunately, one never knows), his spell has failed him.

But there is always plan B-iting!

[Robert dex:3]
[Systar dex:3-1=2]

[Robert str:2-1=1]

But again, the drake proves to be too flimsy to cause any real damage, besides making some holes in Systar's robe.

While this was happening, Igor Jr. kept trying to do his thing, rushing to Derm and shouting something:

[Igor Jr. pot:6]
[Igor Jr. end:4+2=6]
[Derm end:5]

There is a massive static discharge between Igor Jr. and the beaten up Derm, the latter not managing to resist it fully.

Derm has gained [Slight paralysis]

And now comes the funny part: stealing from a crippled and paralyzed guy. This should be easy, right?

[Igor Jr. dex:3]
[Derm dex:6+1+1-2-1=5]

Well, not so. Survival instincts kick inside of Derm, making him wiggle in the oddest of ways, and thus making him quite unpredictable, to say the least. In fact, not many people have the opportunity to fight with someone capable of bending its own torso to its sides so much. It is irritating, really irritating.

By this time, Systar is freed from the evil dragon tooth holding his robe hostage, and so he goes back to trying to finish this:

[Systar dex:6-2-1=3]
[Derm dex:3+1+1-3-1-1=0]

[Systar str:3+1+1-1=4]

And Systar irrupts in the middle of one of Derm's bending routines, swinging its naginata diagonally and catching the final pieces of biometal still connecting his torso to the rest of his body. The weapon goes smoothly through it, and Derm's upper body collapses into the floor, now just a torso, with some of those odd wires and conduits that biometal tends to have, coming out of the wound. Nevertheless, the dying Derm manages to spoke some last words:

"You goddamn idiot... I wasn't the enemy here. Haa... All that power in the hands of a blank list... What will you do when they come? Idiot..." The sounds he emits come each time with less intensity, but he still continues.

"You've brought down the entire arena on your head. How long will you last, until you too fall into their scheme? Do you even know? I could have stopped them. I was the first, I was there at the start. So much lost... We will meet again. Or perhaps not. My power will be back in my grasp eventually. Hehehehhhh..." But the laugh is suddenly interrupted by a kind of cough, that sounds more like a bike horn being pressed rather than actual horn, likely caused by the lack of a chunk of whatever organ inside Derm was used to pump air onto his vocal chords.

"Oh... and one last thing?" He said smiling and showing his vicious biometal smile. "Fight ain't over. Fuck him up, boys."

And the drake also showed another, even more vicious smile at Systar. But Derm, finally "coughed" again, and then lied motionless, as a somewhat thick stream of white smoke flew from the cut across his body onto Systar's chest.

Derm is dead. Systar gains 6 stat points.

Igor jr. quickly grabs the spear from the ground. Now he is armed!

Say very interesting things.

The shade briefly thinks, and then decides to try some word combinations:

[Pot:1+1=2]
Its body briefly glows, but just that. it seems that it is going to try again.

[Pot:5+1=6]
Now its body glows strongly, and the magic, without asking permission, transforms it into a biometal figure. Its appearance hasn't changes much, as it was already dark before.

Biometal form:
[Light]
[Yields]
[Soft]
[Naturally sharp]

[Pot:4+1=5]
And now a golden line appears, drawing a thin and long swords, a rapier. With a flash of light, it transforms into solid biometal. It has an ergonomic grip, but is is hardened near the edge.

Biometal rapier:
[Light]
[Piercing weapon]

Then the shade decides to inspect where all that noise is coming from. Walking trough the bridge above of the bottomless pit, he eventually reaches the Grand Room and pokes through the entrance. There are many people fighting there.

Quote from: EP
PM

You look around, and don't see anybody, excluding that shady biometal figure, holding a rapier, that comes and watches the carnage in the room next to you. Well, huh.

While Mako is "occupied" with his human fountain impression:
  • Get up.
  • Walk around Mako and grab my mace.
  • If Mako is still leaking from the face orifice, smack him in the back with my mace, try to ease up his nausea with a few chest-holes.

Quote from: TCM
PM

[Bigf01t spd:6-2=4]
[Mako spd:3]

Bigf01t quickly rolls back and stands up in the same motion, then tries to go around Mako for his precious mace!

[Bigf01t spd:3]
[Mako spd:6]

But Mako just stands in the way and tries to grab him!

[Mako dex:6+1=7]
[Bigf01t dex:1]

[Mako str:4+1+1=6]
[Bigf01t str:6+1=7]

And Mako grabs Bigf01t by his waist and lifts him! But he reacts back, and slowly begins to break free, lifting each of Mako's fingers, one by one, until he finally puts so much pressure that Mako just can't hold his hands around him any more.

And now we are back at the beginning. But Bigf01t still lacks a weapon. He has his claws, though.

Ali appears in the Magma Room. He briefly notices something getting inside the magma moat. Wonder what it could be?

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

GM comments

So, I need an epithet for Derm in the "Fallen" page. I will let you guys put one for him, if you desire.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: December 02, 2014, 01:33:50 pm »

Sumbitch. Hey, can I use my breath weapon again? How long is the cooldown on it?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: December 02, 2014, 01:38:56 pm »

Sumbitch. Hey, can I use my breath weapon again? How long is the cooldown on it?
Two turns have to pass without using it. So, yes, you can use it again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: December 02, 2014, 02:56:11 pm »

Stats:

+1 Dex
+1 Spd
+1 End
+1 Will
+2 Pool

Systar squealed a bit as the rush of power filled him.  "Right then, who's next?"

The choice is clear, really.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: December 02, 2014, 04:04:55 pm »

Wait; where am I? I'm not in the waitlist anymore. Did I miss my turn? What happened?
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: December 02, 2014, 04:23:06 pm »

Wait; where am I? I'm not in the waitlist anymore. Did I miss my turn? What happened?
I'm re-adding you. I think that I erased two spaces of the waitlist instead of one.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: December 02, 2014, 04:39:49 pm »

Be confused. Then, look at the book and say the words. And hope that the thing in the magma doesn't care about me.
I'm reusing the PM for the hypothetical action I would have gotten if Syvarris hadn't responded.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:28:25 pm by Lost in Nowhere »
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: December 02, 2014, 04:50:07 pm »

Make use of my new spear.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: December 03, 2014, 02:57:00 am »

Woa wait a minute, I thought Mako had the [Nausea] tag, for an absolute chance to miss his turn..
But then Mako realizes that the fog is messing around with him. Now, he is feeling nauseous.

[Nausea]

((If he is caught vomiting, he will suffer a -1 dexterity penalty to dodging, but just that. Otherwise, the chance to vomit is even less than to cough and get distracted))
So... was me going for my mace somehow a "combat action" that he could "dodge"... or ..? ???
I thought he'd be unable to counter my casual saunter, hence the rather leisurely wording :P
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: December 03, 2014, 05:55:13 am »

Woa wait a minute, I thought Mako had the [Nausea] tag, for an absolute chance to miss his turn..
But then Mako realizes that the fog is messing around with him. Now, he is feeling nauseous.

[Nausea]

((If he is caught vomiting, he will suffer a -1 dexterity penalty to dodging, but just that. Otherwise, the chance to vomit is even less than to cough and get distracted))
So... was me going for my mace somehow a "combat action" that he could "dodge"... or ..? ???
I thought he'd be unable to counter my casual saunter, hence the rather leisurely wording :P

Let's see: "absolute chance" means independent of other factors. This means that no stat can alter the chance of that happening. It is rolled at the start of each turn. As I said before, this word is not necessarily dangerous, but annoying.

You didn't really specify how you wanted to grab the mace, so I just rolled for a speed in a kind of "let's see who reaches x thing first". He won, and so prevented you from grabbing it without engaging in wrestling, a fight, whatever. And I didn't automate you to just go wrestle him. If you want, I can do so, but it would be better if you specify that.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: December 03, 2014, 10:55:43 pm »

Derm the Long-Lived.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: December 03, 2014, 11:08:28 pm »

Nobody gonna write me a gravestone?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: December 05, 2014, 07:09:57 am »

Nobody gonna write me a gravestone?
"He died doing what he loved. Killing people."

RIGHT. Let's see how this goes. Again.

More Pink Mist. More fetching Mace, kick Mako in the balls if he tries to stop me again.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 197