Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317836 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: TREMBLE MORTALS, AND DESPAIR!
« Reply #2055 on: March 01, 2015, 05:58:11 am »

((What would you do with a orc composed of flames? It's more fragile than glass...))

It was the only element word I thought I had. Also it's the word for 'troll', not 'Orc', I think.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: March 01, 2015, 09:30:58 pm »

"Oh balls"

MOAR SCIENCE! I NEED MORE SCIENCE! AND FAST!

((Please tell me the whole "necrosoul" part of the axe wasn't a little inspired by my morningstar.. If so.. Whoops))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: March 01, 2015, 09:34:08 pm »

"Oh balls"

((Please tell me the whole "necrosoul" part of the axe wasn't a little inspired by my morningstar.. If so.. Whoops))

It was decided almost since I created the whole boss idea. So, you copied the GM. Feel however you like about that.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: March 02, 2015, 06:01:02 pm »

Do science and speak to strapping scientist.

Hallo there you fellow! Do you feel that an alliance might be a good idea in the face of , well, everything. Especially that shouting thing?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: March 02, 2015, 08:59:02 pm »

Hallo there you fellow! Do you feel that an alliance might be a good idea in the face of , well, everything. Especially that shouting thing?
"Yes. That would increase the probability of both our survival by quite a large percentage. An alliance would be swell! Greetings, I'm not Igor."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: March 02, 2015, 10:28:39 pm »

-snip-
It was decided almost since I created the whole boss idea. So, you copied the GM. Feel however you like about that.
Hue.
Hue hue.
Huehuehue. :))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: March 03, 2015, 02:00:37 am »

"Yes. That would increase the probability of both our survival by quite a large percentage. An alliance would be swell! Greetings, I'm not Igor."

Good to meet you, not-Igor.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Incoming boss fight!
« Reply #2062 on: March 05, 2015, 09:47:43 am »

Turn 104

"Oh balls"

Gotta science them all!

[Pot:2+1=3]
A small chunk of steel appears. Upon touch, you think that it is more rigid than normal.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A big chunk of wet flesh appears and falls to the ground.

[Pot:6+1=7]
Now a young tree materializes in front of you.

[Pot:4+1=5]
Nothing happens. You think you know why.

Good to meet you, not-Igor.

It seems that now we have a pair of Frenemies here (or just a pair of dudes who don't know what the hell are they doing and prefer to not kill each other for now, mainly because they don't know how to do it, but I digress).

First Doris does some magic:

[Pot:4-1=3]
A golden line appears and forms some kind of triangle, but one of its borders is round. You think that you messed this up.

[Pot:5-1=4]
Another golden line appears and draws a genderless human head, which soon vanishes.

[Pot:1-1=0]
Nothing happens. You think that you should be grateful of that.

Now, Totally Not Igor does his thing:

[Pot:6]
Notting happens, odd.

[Pot:4]
A golden line appears and draws a pair of wings.

[Pot:2]
Nothing happens. Again.

You get a shard of something hard and transparent.

[Pot:3]
A golden line appears and draws a four-legged animal

[Pot:5]
Another golden line, this time drawing a normal-sized human.

You get another shard of something hard and transparent.

Guys, you should get a song or something for you, in a kind of "This is the Doris and Not Igor show!" vibe.

"Told you. Told all of you. nobody listened."

Well, that didn't work.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

[Derm spd:6+1=7] ((Choosing to delay))
[Lucky spd:6+4=10]
[Robert spd:4+1+1=6]

The small lizard tries to put more pressure with whatever it can do. In this case, spitting fire:

[Lucky pot:3] ((fixed))

[Lucky Magi-dex:6]
[Robert dex:1+1+1+1=4]

The lizard spits a fireball almost as big as itself, something that the diamond god was not expecting. The ball hit him in his left front paw. Oddly enough, the fire was way hotter than what everyone would have expected. The feathered serpent was not hurt, but that paw was heated, and so became weaker for some time. It would seem that the fire was as magma.

Left front paw is heated! Attacked that manage to hurt you will do double damage.

The diamond serpent counter-attacks with a breath of his own:

[Robert pot:5] ((Fixed))
[Robert will:2+1+1=4] ((Exposure is then halved, but rounded up, so you still get one point of soul damage))

[Robert dex:5+1=6]
[Lucky dex:2+4+2=8]

The God breathes a stream of wailing souls at the lizard, but it proves too small and fast for it to be hit. Some of those souls scratched his very being while they were traversing his insides, but it wasn't a big deal.

Soul meter:5/6

SHortly after this, the diamond creature moved towards Derm, on the other side of the room. Specifically, to hide behind him. How ungodly of him.

But it was time for Derm to execute his plan. He looks at the floor beneath the biometal lizard:

[Derm pot:5+1=6]
[Lucky str:6-1-4=1]

A big portion of the floor flashed and instantly became a kind of semi-transparent black substance, which immediately begun to pull everything towards it. And, unfortunately for the lizard, he was the closest things to it. The pull was barely felt by Lucky, who from one moment to another, had ceased to exist, the odd substance and his body having cancelled each other. The only thing remaining was the big piece of immaterial porcelain, just floating there in mid-air, totally unaffected by the phenomenon.

Lucky is dead. Derm gains a stat point

A small line of white smoke came from the now empty hole in the floor and went towards Derm. The pull from the substance had been strong enough to move a little bit everybody in the room, but they were away enough to offset any harming effects.

Always the one to capitalize, Derm decided to do something more:

[Pot:4+1=5]
A assorted pile of biometal stuff (including conduits, sacks, and some hard er things) appears in front of Derm. Hmm.

Quote from: EP
PM

The FLimsy Wizard just keeps focusing his inner power or something.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote from: Vivalas
NO ACTION. TOO LATE! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The shade came out of the the mouth of the obsidian skulls, going past both Derm and Robert just giving them a swift chill as the creature moved towards the NE hallway.

No warning of his doom was given to Sodom. An unseen foe, some unheard wails of those souls unlucky enough to be captured by the creature, those were the only things that could have warned him, but he could neither hear nor see. The shade arrived to the Greenhouse Room with astonishing speed, toying and spinning around its bony and dark scythe as it neared its target. An upwards strike sent the starfish which was currently acting as Sodom's head flying, and, before it started to fall, the scythe was pointed at it, and it exploded, gore now covering almost a quarter of the room.

Soon afterwards, Derm and Robert saw the shade enter again into its lair, and the skull closed its mouth.

"WHERE'S HE? WHERE'S THE MORTAL THAT SHALL SOON MEET MY AXE?!"

The clanking of armor could be heard coming from the Northern hallway. Steps could also be heard, and they were becoming stronger.

"SHOW YOURSELF! OR I SHALL RIP THE GUTS FROM YOUR INSIDES WITH MY BARE HA-"

The clanking sounds were interrupted by yet another sound, this time from iron meeting the floor, in a sudden and clearly unexpected fashion.

"Damn hooves..."

Soon afterwards, the clanking sounds and the strong steps continued, this time happening faster. An imposing figure then came into the Arcane Room. A demon knight of some kind, clad in dark iron armor and carrying a demonic axe with a diamond edge, cursed with unholy powers.

His eyes were immediately fixed upon the Diamond God.

"So, you are the one ready to be harvested, I see. The forces of hell demand souls, and you will feed them... in death."

((Optional role-playing segment enabled for everyone in the Arcane Room.))

Endlessblaze appears in the Magma Room. There is some guys speaking in the nearby hallway.

Thrakor the Space Wizard appears in the Greenhouse Room. There is a headless body here, and lots of blood. Everywhere

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorsidwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Incoming boss fight!
« Reply #2063 on: March 05, 2015, 10:01:49 am »

Ohhhh....a perplixicon....let's try.....

Anamnteibu
Rebusdiiu
Osrumnti

All as seprate spells
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: March 05, 2015, 10:23:48 am »

The Space Wizard! looked around.  "Nice place, though not Space! themed enough.  That statue could have a Space! logo on it."

Space Wizard! does as Space Wizard! does
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: March 05, 2015, 11:11:12 am »

Derm grins as he sees the Knight.

"Well well, Hello there! I'm so sorry you had to see me in such a state, as a series of unfortunate events left my souls in dear Beirus here. Never the less, here we are. You against me and my allies. How unfortunate. Out of curiosity, what is your name? We'll have to know to we can engrave it on the headstone."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: March 05, 2015, 11:29:28 am »

I found most of the events fortunate!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: March 05, 2015, 11:30:22 am »

((Dragon Roleplay: Roar ROAR roar rrrrrr roar.  :P Also Derm, Robert not Beirus.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 05, 2015, 11:55:13 am »

Derm grins as he sees the Knight.

"Well well, Hello there! I'm so sorry you had to see me in such a state, as a series of unfortunate events left my souls in dear Beirus Robert here. Never the less, here we are. You against me and my allies. How unfortunate. Out of curiosity, what is your name? We'll have to know to we can engrave it on the headstone."

"I WAS NOT SPEAKING TO YOU, LITTLE TWIT", the Doomknight snaps. "And I won't waste any time fighting you. I do not care about any kind of previous alliance you had in your past, this is going to be a duel, a duel between this...Robert, and me."

After a brief pause of presumably thinking, the Knight answers again:
If you still wish to fight, I can call the Hellspawn. They will have some fun with you... he says, and then he reaches for one of the small demonic skulls impaled on one of his shoulder-spikes. He just touches it, and it begins to vibrate, colliding with the various other skulls nearby, which in turn vibrate too, the sounds of bone hitting each other filling the room, muffling to some extent the wails from his weapon. You think you can see a grin made of sharp teeth through the small opening of his helmet.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: March 05, 2015, 11:58:22 am »

((Assuming I can talk in dragon form.))

"A duel, huh? We should probably wait until high noon first. After all, I don't know that there would be much glory in beating me after I had to waste my energy on an annoying little lizard that was just here."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 197