Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317294 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: The outcome.
« Reply #2295 on: April 20, 2015, 11:40:47 am »

"Oh. Well, damn. All that shit we did was for nothing. Good job Robert."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: April 20, 2015, 07:51:51 pm »

"Oh. Well, damn. All that shit we did was for nothing. Good job Robert."
At least you'll be more prepared for the next boss (and/or each other).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: April 20, 2015, 09:48:51 pm »

*Upon hearing the cacophony of screams and death*
"Congratulations to [Robert/]that fellow! It seems Iron-thunder-pants, who I can only assume was that Timothy/barbarian fellow from before, has met his match! I feel credit where credit is due is in order." :)
((Not sure if my character and Robert ever RP-talked so name omitted above, but good kill, and a great finisher!))

MOAR SCIENCE! NOT LIKE I HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: April 21, 2015, 11:52:33 am »

Wizards in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: April 21, 2015, 12:00:55 pm »

Sad broken robot tries to fix itself.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: A small surprise!
« Reply #2300 on: April 24, 2015, 01:27:36 pm »

Upon Robert's approval, the guide begun to reproduce the message:

"So, if you are hearing this, it means that somehow, SOMEHOW, you have killed me. If that is the case, I have to tell you something:

SCREW YOU! YOU SON OF A BITCH, I'M SURE YOU CHEATED, BASTARD!

A pause in which only angry breathing is heard ensues...

"Aaaanyway. In the improbable case you have killed me, then, only then, keep hearing. I suppose that you know that you are here so that you could kill each other, accumulate souls, and then be killed so that we keep them after that? Well, I don't care, you now know. True thing is, I don't trust the other assholes to play fairly, and so you could need to gain strength or allies or something in order to defeat them. Because, you know I'm either dead, dying, or you are a mind-hacker of some kind and so I'm going to be dancing over your split-in-two corpse soon. So, if you haven't realized that there is no benefit in killing the weaklings, you should. What can you do about it? Not much, really. You have to hope for them to get in some good scraps and get more souls. That's where I will help you, 'cause when the other ones realize that I'm not back, they will probably come for you. So, let me do you a favour:

"GUIDE, ACTIVATE (wait for it)...

CHALLENGE MODE!

Activating. Requesting assistance...

Robert didn't hear anything... immediately, because, meanwhile, certain things were happening.
Inside the Greenhouse Room, the normally calm waters of the lake got disturbed, and then the massive humanoid made of stone, the Keeper, emerged. It just walked forwards towards the exit, not stopping to look at anything in particular, with the exception of Derm's face, which was met with a furrowed forehead. The Keeper walked towards the Grand Room.
Some bubbling sounds came from the magma moat, and three short figures, made from the same material, jumped out of it. Short, humanoid, slightly hunched, with pointy ears and whiskers, they looked at each other, then at endlessblaze. One of them came closer, attempting to examine him, then jumped extending his hands. Endlessblaze staggered, only to find that the three of the creatures were pointing at him and laughing, emitting bubbling sounds. Then they suddenly stopped, like if they had been reprimanded in some way, and then proceeded to head towards the Grand Room, ignoring the Space Wizard on the way there.
The giant obsidian skull attached to the northern wall of the Arcane Room opened hastily, and as the sound of wails and moans filled the room, a shade came flying from it, quickly evading the floating piece of porcelain dragon there and travelling towards the Grand Room with demonic speed.

Robert then found himself beholding a trio of magma imps, a huge stone humanoid and the reaper itself, all arranged in a circular fashion from the exact center of the Grand Room. One of the imps emitted a bubbling sound and a golden line appeared and materialized into a floating, stone ring. One of the other imps also said something, and another line appeared, this time splitting in three and materializing into three stone rings. These ones fell to the ground and were quickly retrieved by the imps, while the floating one was caught in the air by the shade, who didn't even consider dropping its scythe.
The creatures then pointed towards the floor, and begun pulling the air. The stone crumbled, and a pillar of it begun to rise. After a bit of movement, spiral stairs could clearly be seen, and the pillar continued until it met the ceiling, upon which the stone and vine giant carved an opening from afar. Once the task was completed and the staircase to whatever was in the attic of this strange arena was completed, the creatures slowly returned to their usual places.

"Reproducing the final part of the message:"

"Nice, isn't it? It connects to the containment facilities for some failed experiments, many of which have claimed the souls of some morons. It should be enough for the rest, not so much for you. Tell them to enjoy the ride from my part.

"Also," in his voice some anger could be felt again " if I left something in my body, I guess that it is yours. You keep what you kill, or whatever. Don't get too exited, there are no translations to the words in my list, Roger just didn't want that, and I guess that it just makes things funnier. I think that we have discovered some new words, they should be in the back of the papers, if they have survived. Speaking of Roger, I hope you kill that asshole, I don't know if he was going to kill me anyway."

"By the way, don't mess with the skulls over my shoulders. Really."

"Message ends here"

GM comments

Challenge mode has been unlocked! These are the general rules:

-Only one person can be inside at the time. First come first serve.
-You have two turns to decide which thing you will fight.
-If you don't decide anything, you will be dropped form the ceiling towards the cold stone floor. This is equivalent to a 10 strength blunt strike to a random body part, plus a 5 strength blunt strike to other two random body parts.
-If you win the fight, you leave without falling.

Have fun!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: A small surprise!
« Reply #2301 on: April 24, 2015, 02:03:15 pm »

"Oh boy."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: April 24, 2015, 02:19:01 pm »

"Sounds fun...... But first...."

science!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: April 24, 2015, 07:52:38 pm »

I might be paranoid, but before Berius listens to the tape, he might want to protect himself from sonic attacks, in case the message is just a really loud noise or a brown note.
It seems you were somewhat right. Here comes challenge mode.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: April 25, 2015, 12:58:36 pm »

What happens if we resolve an encounter in challenge mode peacefully?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: April 25, 2015, 01:05:59 pm »

What happens if we resolve an encounter in challenge mode peacefully?
Considering that you enter challenge mode to kill stuff and gather souls, not doing so will mean that you either get killed or decide to not kill your target.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: April 25, 2015, 01:39:00 pm »

((Do I have to do the first challenge mode now, or only if I go up the steps?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: April 25, 2015, 01:50:38 pm »

((Do I have to do the first challenge mode now, or only if I go up the steps?))

The challenge mode is for the rest of the players, so that we speed up a little the soul-gathering experience and you find yourself with either potential allies or foes at near your level. It was either doing that or making you face the next boss in 5 turns. Otherwise, there are not many things to do for you.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: April 25, 2015, 06:01:16 pm »

This is interesting.

Now that there's a nonviolent (well, non player-aimed-violence) way to get souls, should there be a truce? I'd be willing to agree to one.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: April 25, 2015, 06:13:49 pm »

((I vote that everyone in the arena joins team derm and we take out the enemies that think they can steal the souls we win.))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 197