Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317968 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Back in action. Now with more wierd magic stuff.
« Reply #2565 on: July 26, 2015, 08:08:20 pm »

I'm going through the list. One by one.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: July 26, 2015, 08:29:02 pm »

I should say something for tomcost(in reality, tomcost's sig). If you are amnesiac or too lazy to write your own Perplexicon Dictonary, it helps if you just PM yourself while you are in !!Science!!
Also, Fallacy, try words than have not said yet. Including Etor.
If you are speaking to Bigf01t, don't worry, he has his own word list, and PMs can be set to be auto-saved after sent. I haven't answered yet because I don't have access to my own list yet.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: July 26, 2015, 10:17:48 pm »

Nope, talking to you.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: July 27, 2015, 08:57:17 am »

TURN!
[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick line appears, and begins the drawing of an elongated object. It has a handle, composed of what seems to be a screaming demon, an opened teethy mouth letting a serpent-like tongue out. It extends forwards, ending up in a sharp tip. The demonic head also has a neck, a neck that looks maybe too thin to be one, but comfortable to grasp, with a spiky ball, a pommel, at the extreme. A couple curved horns come from the head, turning towards where the neck-hilt is, making a cool and maybe even useful hand-guard. With a flash of light, it materializes into iron, with the souls of the damned pouring through the hellish mouth.

Demonic unholy iron rapier:
[Piercing weapon]
[Unholy:7]

Hey Tomcost, are you absolutely sure I said Iron? I was fairly sure I used the word for Steel (their codes are pretty damn similar)
I wouldn't make a fuss, but seeing as I can control steel but not iron..
((Very cool object description tho))

Well, that was a mistake on my part. You indeed told me to say steel. It has been corrected.

And thanks for the compliment, but I feel that I'm using hellish mouths a bit too much.

Nope, talking to you.

Generally speaking, saying "you" usually refers to the last person who posted. But int his case I guess you were speaking to Fallacy...

Anyway, running a public waitlist is a valid strategy, which is bound to get you protected, or killed, depending on what the other players think.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: July 29, 2015, 01:18:05 am »

AUUUGGGGHHHHH
I'm talking to Tomcost.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: July 30, 2015, 01:06:02 am »

Hellish mouths are fine, to be entirely honest there probably isn't too much else you could have done, barring body-gore like talons or a rib-sword or something.
I like the rapier :))

Hmm.

HHHHMMMMM.

Idea. Let's test!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: July 30, 2015, 01:14:23 pm »

Hellish mouths are fine, to be entirely honest there probably isn't too much else you could have done, barring body-gore like talons or a rib-sword or something.

Hmm.

HHHHMMMMM.

Idea. Let's test!
Make it constantly on fire or something, perhaps?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: July 30, 2015, 07:50:50 pm »

Sciencebot will science
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: July 30, 2015, 09:36:22 pm »

Sheep.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: July 30, 2015, 11:13:02 pm »

Hmm.

HHHHMMMMM.

Idea. Let's test!
Make it constantly on fire or something, perhaps?
Unless I actually use the "Fire" word then probably not (but would go very well with said word), I do like the idea of the ectoplasm-y souls screaming down the blade (like fire) from the mouth, although I think the whole thing is engulfed, which is also fine.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 124

"Magic useless."

More scienceing. Say Rebusdiiu(G-104) and Ratentcius(G-115).

[Pot:2]
You get another line, one which does exactly nothing. How fortunate.

Nothing happens. You are not sure why.

Uselessness confirmed.

From the North, you can here some footsteps. They irregular, like if the being in question was limping...

And then you are greeted with the sight of a hippopotamus made out of diamond. It lacks one of its back legs, and it is staring at you, with its diamond corneas. You are not sure what it wants. It definitely doesn't seem friendly, though.

Still a fair bit left... but it is close...

More...magic...must...SCIENCE!

[Pot:3]
You sense that the nothingness has been fired towards somewhere, you are not really sure.

[Pot:3]
You get some drops of a black liquid, which appears to be ink.

[Pot:1]
A golden line appears, but it tries to move and entangles itself in a mess, a knot made out of itself.

[Will:4-1=3]
You notice something going wrong, and when you try to do something about it, you realize that it is too late. You left arm is already glowing erratically and without control, the magic taking effect already. A bright flash of light ensues, and you notice that it has become... a candy cane! It still has the same shape of your arm, but it has the colorful red and white colors that would make it so delicious to children and adults alike! And you can't feel it! Wait, WHY CAN'T I FEEL MY ARM?!

Left arm is inert candy:
-1 to wrestling

You notice that the blood aura, that extended in a definite distance around your body, is now ignoring your candy arm, and that, hadn't you put it close to you, it would have been stained with gore by now.

Continue my pattern of science!

[Pot:6]
You get a thick golden line, one that shapes itself into what seems to be a giant book, one that could beat the hell out of the Encyclopedia Britannica in a weight competition, by itself. With a flash of light, it materializes into solid gold, and falls to the floor with an audible thud. Your predictions were correct, as you can barely move it. You inspect it and open the book, and find that nothing is written inside of it.

Who would have thought that magic would be so boring?

Idea. Let's test!

[Pot:3+1=4]
You get a golden line which splits into four different ones, each of them taking the shape of a bolt, combined with a crossbow. With a flash of light, they materialize into steel, each of them cracking with electricity. You are not sure to touch them or not. They seem to be holding a small amount of electricity each, and it seems to be fading away.

Sciencebot will science

Science dragon does science!

[Pot:4+1=5]
Nothing happens. Why? Magic, why do you ignore this humble dragon?

[Pot:6]
A thick line appears, and it draws a great cage. Hmm, you could trap someone in this, and it would still be able to move a little bit.

Now you get a useless line, from the boring and lazy kind.

[Pot:4]
You now get a line which draws a mace. Hehehe, you could crack some skulls with that! If you had any means to hold it. And if it had any kind of corporeality.

Another golden line, which just becomes a mess of intertwined lines. Oops.

Same as before. You are getting worse at this.

Nothing happens. You are not sure if this is your fault too.

Sheep.

The Tribal fiend looks at the cardboard sheep and opens its sewn mouth, a metallic voice coming from within, but aided from a myriad of tiny, creepy ones that echo its sounds:

"FEEBLE ANIMAL, OBEY MY COMMANDS!"

"Baa?" The sheep manages to emit between sounds that resemble, well, cardboard boxes being move from one place to another.

"I AM NOW THE MASTER OF YOUR DESTINY, YOU WILL IS MINE!"

To which the sheep just answers by tilting its head at a side, much like a dog would do. Huh.

Robert then tries to command it with its will, but nothing happens.

The sheep, meanwhile, keeps inspecting its limbs, and then suddenly focuses on one of its front legs:

[Sheep will:5]
And it suddenly is rearranged into a longer and more stylized one, and then the sheep continues to change its body until it looks far taller, but at the same time thinner and delicate. It seems proud of its job.

Robert then shrugs and attempts to put the flesh thing in his mouth, finding that he is unable to do so, both because of the repulsive force which would be dismantled if he actually wanted to penetrate it, and the thin platinum threads loosely sewing his mouth.

Maybe there as a cost in shielding yourself from the outside world like that. Maybe.

"A minor setback! Let me just..."

"How about a do-over?"

Second verse, same as the first.

You decide that you don't want to fight, and so each of you does his own thing.

Derm focuses his magical energies, the usual style:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thrakor, on the other hand, tries to do what he couldn't do before:

[Pot:2+1=3]
A tiny magma wall, which would reach your things if you were standing on actual legs, appears in front of you. You quickly begin enthusiastically rubbing the lower parts of your body against it, finding that they are regenerating, albeit slowly. While Derm did his thing, you have acquire two half-legs, and now can properly stand.

You still have the dex and spd maluses from lacking legs, but are not considered on ground.

You didn't lose energy this turn because you were by the hot wall.

As you both didn't attack each other this turn, you have full pool.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

GM comments

So, I had to make this question to myself: "If I were a sentient cardboard sheep that had been recently summoned into existence from thin air, and possessed the ability to manipulate its body at will, how would I transform my body?". Ahhh, insanity, I missed you so much...

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile

Maybe I can fix that later. But for now, More Science!
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"Now is the time of reckoning! BEHOLD MY POWER!"
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 12:15:13 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Now is the time of reckoning. BEHOLD MY POWER!"
You just went from "AHHHHHHHH!" being really broody and ominous, then went back to shouting.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I could italicize it if you want.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 197