Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172103 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1035 on: August 09, 2018, 02:47:14 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:13:35 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 09, 2018, 05:19:56 am »

I wasn't drink when I made my last post, but now, after having polished off a bottle of Little Fat Lamb (basically the only cider worth a damn) I am definitely still somewhat tipsy, even after napping to pass the time 'til a friend's barbecue.

I had planned on taking two bottles of LFL to said barbecue, but my friend decided to set it for 7:30 at night and I failed a will save or two as I waited. Whoops.
I'm on a bus now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 09, 2018, 05:40:26 am »

Well, since GF has gotten back into Stardew Valley and we've been playing co-op, I can't really go to the pub anymore. Going early in the evening conflicts with time where she wants to play, going later conflicts with her wanting to sleep and get up early.

I really need to learn what kind of ginger ale they use to make their mules... That was some damn good gingery burn.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 09, 2018, 06:53:15 am »

Well, since GF has gotten back into Stardew Valley and we've been playing co-op, I can't really go to the pub anymore. Going early in the evening conflicts with time where she wants to play, going later conflicts with her wanting to sleep and get up early.

I really need to learn what kind of ginger ale they use to make their mules... That was some damn good gingery burn.

Bold Stardew Valley MP.  Kagus, if you're spending time with your other half, you can relax knowing that you're doing the right thing.  You'll have opportunities to go to the pub when the new game (mode) high wears off.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 09, 2018, 07:47:48 am »

Is that thing worth trying? I never really got into the whole "farm sim" genre. I think I might have once tried playing one where you could hire little colourful gnomes or pixies or something to do your work for you on your farm, and thinking it'd make a great allegory for illegal immigrant labour within the primary industry sector, but never really saw the point after awhile at it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 09, 2018, 08:12:29 am »

Even farmers play Stardew Valley, man.

It's important to realize that SV is not Facebook Farmville. Stardew Valley is basically the spiritual successor to the old Nintendo Harvest Moon games, which were the fucking shit when people still played on Nintendo consoles, and that was recognized immediately by lots of people, like me, who played the originals back in the day.

But then the fucker goes and (on top of modernizing and QoL'ing the mechanics and gameplay loop) gives the townsfolk actual personalities, and suddenly you find yourself actually giving a damn about those pixels.

It's a game about progression though, first and foremost, and that's what draws a lot of people in. Planting seeds and then harvesting the leafy returns on your investment is pretty much the ur-example of self-advancement, so it hits a certain spot for some folks. If you're not big on RPGs and such, then it might not be quite your style.

RE: Booze, I've still got a bunch of junk sitting around that I never drink. There's about a shotglass worth of advocaat in the fridge, the honey Jack I only ever pick up because I plan on giving it to my whiskey-drinking friends, a big bottle of 12-year Orkney single malt because my GF's dad heard I kept buying whiskey (for my whiskey-drinking friends) and figured I must be into the finer things in life (I have also received some cold stones from my GF for a better experience while consuming whiskey, since she seems to have also gotten it into my head that I'm a drinker despite never having had whiskey in her presence before), a jug of Valhalla mead which is sickeningly sweet and tastes like yeasty elderberries, and a bottle of vodka which I think I've used more for cleaning open wounds than I have for cleaning the wounds in my soul, because I've got fuckall mixers.

Like, yes, there's a liter of orange juice (actually clementine juice) in the fridge, but that stuff is of fucking sacred quality and I don't feel like sullying it with bargain vodka.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 09, 2018, 10:12:39 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:13:13 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 09, 2018, 10:43:06 am »

Well whiskey sour isn't exactly a hobo punch. You got some pristine juice, the 12 y.o.... all you're lacking is a fresh lemon and ice: I say hit life in the nuts with the kind of decandence you'd expect from a 17 y.o. who just used daddy's golden card on a magnum bottle  :P.

Wh... Orange juice and scotch? I have legitimately never heard of someone doing that, and I've even heard tales of the dreaded Hunchback. That's not a whiskey sour though, that's... Hell, what would that be? A Highland Sunrise? Lochdriver? Bahama MacBeth? Haggis On The Beach?

Honestly I've been shying away from that bottle because I feel it's disrespectful for me, someone who doesn't really appreciate whiskey, to drink it... But shit, I'm half curious enough now to try.

I really don't have ice though. We've got a tiny little dorm fridge between the two of us, and it doesn't have anything resembling a freezer compartment.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 09, 2018, 11:03:47 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:18:04 pm by dragdeler »
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 09, 2018, 11:18:52 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:17:51 pm by dragdeler »
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 09, 2018, 03:43:33 pm »

Joke's on you, there is no sunrise in Scotland 'cause there's too many clouds.

Also, even I know that if you put anything other than water in a single malt whiskey you're an idiot and don't deserve to ever drink again. Maybe ice, but that is pushing it so hard.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 09, 2018, 04:27:46 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:17:42 pm by dragdeler »
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1047 on: August 09, 2018, 04:55:06 pm »

Limoncello is 2 gud. Counting down the days until my own is ready, which should be in about three weeks

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 09, 2018, 04:58:49 pm »

Limoncello is 2 gud. Counting down the days until my own is ready, which should be in about three weeks
Ah man, homemade limoncello is some damn good summertime sippin'. Try and resist the taste-testing urge so there's still some left once it's actually matured.

My folks have made, among other things, coffee liqueur... And even when you've got this fat 3-liter sealed jar of it, it still somehow manages to evaporate before it's fully aged. Every time, too.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1049 on: August 09, 2018, 05:15:48 pm »

A good way to ensure your alcohol never evaporates is only to store the kinds of alcohol your roommates despise. It somehow seems to work wonders to stopping alcohol vapours escaping their containers
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 141