Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172232 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1080 on: August 14, 2018, 06:16:14 pm »

Ridiculous insecure arseholes are louder when they are drunk. Tru facts bruv

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 14, 2018, 06:50:25 pm »

Some assholes are only ridiculous when drunk. Truth to the fact, hombre.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 15, 2018, 03:17:26 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:39:58 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 15, 2018, 04:21:33 pm »

To this date, after trying to watch Bebop, all of Berserk (old series), I think a whole season of Attack on Titan, a smattering of One Punch Man...

...I still legitimately am not interested in anime. There is precisely one anime that I actually enjoyed, and that's the English dub of Ghost Stories. Which, well... You know.

I suppose you could class Boondocks as anime though, and there have been parts of that which I enjoyed.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 15, 2018, 04:29:52 pm »

Heck yeah I'd classify The Boondocks as anime!  Down to the stereotypical portrayal of other races :P  (yet also being respectful, with an appropriate cast of VAs, and maybe even insightful)

If you've watched Bebop and Attack on Titan, all I can really recommend is Trigun.  The story of a lone gunman in a futuristic wild west [unlucky colonization project] - a silly jackass devoted to the ideals of
LOVE
AND
PEACE

And dogged forever by a couple of cute insurance agents.  Both determined to keep him out of danger, and away from bounty hunters.  One of them tsundere, because of course :P

But despite his dedication to LOVE! AND! PEACE!, he does carry an... insurance risk about him.  The Trigun.  It's worse than you probably think.

Edit: For actual anime fans I'd go on to recommend FLCL, or Excel Saga.  Or for actual serious (sic), Serial Experiments Lain.  But not for you!  Those are very meta animes for established fans.  Trigun is, I swear, accessible to people who otherwise don't appreciate anime.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 04:32:29 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 15, 2018, 04:43:07 pm »

Yeah, see, I've seen someone recommending anime before based on how many tropes and clich้s they embodied. For me; that's a negative, not so much a positive. So inferring that a presumably important character can neatly be summed up as "tsun" is kinda... Not a big hook for me. It helps that I don't even like that personality trope to begin with, so seeing it get copy/pasted is doubly inaccurate from a perspective that is pursuant to my viewing preferences.

And I'm worried that the eponymous trigun will at some point attempt to be described as anything other than "S'fucking SPACE MAGIC, dude", at which point my inner gun enthusiast will become very, very chafed.

Other than that, "Extremely dangerous pacifist in the Wild West" basically just summons images of Kung Fu Theater. Not sure how applicable that is.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 15, 2018, 05:36:35 pm »

In the show's defense, I was doing an elevator pitch.  That means listing easily understandable highlights, AKA memes :P
The reason I recommended Trigun instead of Lain/Excel Saga/Full Metal Alchemist is because you *don't* need to understand the cliches.  Trigun is a very accessible anime, on par with Cowboy Bebop.
She/they

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1087 on: August 15, 2018, 05:49:19 pm »

While in a Catalonian Monastery I purchased a bottle of strong, green liquer - chartreuse, ignorantly selecting the bottle which seemed most intriguing. 130 botanicals and a strength of 55%, brewed by a monastic distillery, I mean you can't buy that in London so of course I purchased it. So there I am reading the Great Gatsby and all of a sudden Gatsby pulls out a bottle of Chartreuse, and I do a double take, because Gatsby is a fancy new money type who purchases good shit to show how good shit he is. I look it up and hey presto, turns out I bought good shit in total ignorance. Definitely going to rendezvous with one of my friends, whose name translates to "the mad one" or "firm hand of Allah" to try it out some time in the month. Time to see if the green lives up to the hype train

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 15, 2018, 06:05:36 pm »

While in a Catalonian Monastery I purchased a bottle of strong, green liquer - chartreuse, ignorantly selecting the bottle which seemed most intriguing. 130 botanicals and a strength of 55%, brewed by a monastic distillery, I mean you can't buy that in London so of course I purchased it. So there I am reading the Great Gatsby and all of a sudden Gatsby pulls out a bottle of Chartreuse, and I do a double take, because Gatsby is a fancy new money type who purchases good shit to show how good shit he is. I look it up and hey presto, turns out I bought good shit in total ignorance. Definitely going to rendezvous with one of my friends, whose name translates to "the mad one" or "firm hand of Allah" to try it out some time in the month. Time to see if the green lives up to the hype train
Remember: When looking to get seriously fucked up, always take the advice of the celibate hermit. Lord knows he's got nothing better to do than know what he's doing.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 15, 2018, 06:06:13 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:36:25 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1090 on: August 15, 2018, 06:57:35 pm »

are you actually casually friends with abdul alzrahad, is that what this means
Once he destroyed the baguettonomy by taking up so many baguette loans that there was no chance of him paying off any of them (he owes me 37 baguettes to this day)

Once I was eating a box of blueberries and he ran up behind me and grabbed a fistful of blueberries before running into a corner to eat all of them in one go. I would have given him the blueberries if he asked. He knew that too

Once he called me and said it was an emergency. I arrived at a cafeteria at where he brought me to the front of a stall where a butcher was cutting open animals and showing all of their organs & their relative functions or positions, all while around 200 people were trying and failing to eat their lunch. It was just us and one other at the stall

Once I was at his house and I snooped around to find what stuff he owned. He had a necromonicon, books on human anatomy, a skeleton, a bow and arrows, various ingredients for his 'elixirs,' with no shortage of hidden chests full of random books, ranging from classical Greek literature and philosophy to medicine and physics books

Once we got drunk and he said he would make sure I never died, even if I wanted to, saying it would be according to protocol

Once he went to Edinburgh to study, I told him he was not allowed to start any cults. There is still a living cult honouring him, and they are making cool synthwave style posters of him

The incarnation of Abdul Alhazred may be one of my two blood brothers

"yo boi you thirsty check out this neat trick" - jesus
-My boy
That is, my goodfriend

Wishen for a taste'a that green liquer.  Funny how ta green is so rare n unique.
As the Scottish accent, n'ye?

I'm making a mess of m'self aren't I?
Relaxing for a fukin moment, isn't that the point.  No hate toward anyone, no ire, at least in my heart.  I love you all, I love my friends.  I only seek to improve myself.
I'm surprised more alcohols aren't naturally green. I thought it'd be as easy as just throwing loads of leafs in

Remember: When looking to get seriously fucked up, always take the advice of the celibate hermit. Lord knows he's got nothing better to do than know what he's doing.
Hallelujah

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 15, 2018, 07:42:22 pm »

I'm surprised more alcohols aren't naturally green. I thought it'd be as easy as just throwing loads of leafs in
I mean, I could just buy green food coloring.
HOLY SHIT I COULD BUY GREEN FOOD COLORING and have ABSINTHE
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 15, 2018, 07:43:47 pm »

Yoink I know you hate the animes, I was ribbing you in that other thread
Yeah I got that. :P

...I should probably buy some beer. Or uber cheap rum from the local. But on the other hand, I should probably wait 'til after I've done the stuff I need to do tomorrow. I don't want to be stumbling around the CBD with a hangover.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 15, 2018, 08:29:02 pm »

She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 15, 2018, 11:14:13 pm »

I just spent like an hour arguing with some kid on a flash chat site as to whether there was malware on steam.  Going into various minutiae.
Fuck it feels good to be drunk.  But I guess it's time to sleep.

Edit:  Keep predreaming triangles.  Some Sierpensky, some just tessalating as... circles.  Forming a dome over my neighborhood.
It's reassuring.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:53:04 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 141