Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172227 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1125 on: August 20, 2018, 03:44:51 pm »

Managed to summon the courage to actually head down the pub tonight, ended up coming home somehow more sober than earlier today. Welp.

No Dynamite this time around, I got a bit carried away testing out beers while geeking out with a couple of the bartenders, who are apparently all just massive nerds. I think I may also have been invited to a D&D group for this weekend, we'll see. And then when things calmed down a bit and I was finishing off the second beer, the drinking reservation for 51 people showed up and the bar suddenly got a lot more crowded.

It's worth noting that this reservation was two hours and ten minutes overdue, and I believe one of the extra bartenders specifically brought in to handle the additional influx had ended up leaving because these people clearly weren't coming...

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 21, 2018, 06:47:56 am »

I forgot to eat dinner last night. That explains everything.

Boy, did that throw my sleep cycle for a loop...
You can get used to it. I normally only eat between 8AM and 1PM, and fast for the other 19 hours. Except for Friday nights, which are for beers and gaming.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 21, 2018, 11:56:56 pm »

I'm still liking Evangelion but I had to stop watching it while drunk, because it started compacting a lot of meaning into short cryptic sequences.

(And don't even mention the opening - my housemate insisted the opening "explains everything, if you pause it".  That's complete nonsense, heh, it's only a pile of *references* which make sense once you've seen everything)

Anyway...  As I admitted last night during tabletop with friends...  Misato is obviously best girl.  Not the kids- okay that's mean, let's pretend Shinji is the protagonist, so the other kids are actually dateable.  Misato is still best girl and woman.

As far as I'm concerned she's the protagonist and the perspective of the story.

Having a beer for breakfast, putting on a face to do a badass thing every day (imposter syndrome, I guess??), and getting back together with a smarmy, negging Dick Tracy?  Yeah I can relate to that.  Complete with the self-assured protestations.

The part where we drunkenly rant a long apology for our relationship behavior is uh... not something I'd ever do.  Obviously.  Who would do such a thing, I can only wonder.

I hope the dumbass kids survive this story about a professional woman whose friends are all getting married before her.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 22, 2018, 11:21:59 am »

I like to fuck around in video games that would otherwise frustrate me when i drink. Sometimes at the expense of other people, I won't lie, though not in a way that is truly offensive or teamkilling or things that would ruin the game.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1129 on: August 22, 2018, 04:20:46 pm »

Good heavens, Chartreuse is some smooth fire. It's rather akin to drinking a roast lamb with mint and parsley, which contrasted with the dinner I prepared which included lamb with mint, lemongrass & garlic. To fit, it also had salmon with gin and tonic, with an elderflower london dry gin in elderflower tonic - a beautifully delicious surprise, and the first proper gin I've had in such a long time (since leaving my old workplace drinking buddies), that I felt rather sad and longing over that departure. It was a beautiful dinner nonetheless, yet there was too much food for me and my guests - one of my guests had rescheduled on me for the third time. An invitation declined is no issue, but one accepted to be rejected thrice, it gets tiring. May the Lord forgive thine trespasses, forgive baguette debtors for their debts, for His is the Chicken and the Lamb gravy with a bivvy of cider forever more, amen. I really ought to stick to cheeky nandos when the unreliable come knocking alas

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 25, 2018, 12:51:39 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:30:07 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 25, 2018, 01:11:04 am »

Something more than a little macabre about having this plate of fish bones staring at me.  With my bluehilt dollar-store shortprong fork from an age ago somehow buried underneath the pile.  Well, because I flensed the meat off with my teeth.

It's kinda amazing how easy it is to clean these fish, actually.  Scraping off the scales is the more difficult part - everything else kinda just scrapes out in a few seconds.  The connection between fishmuscle and fishEverythingElse is a surprisingly thin membrane.

Of course, the many sharp bones do vex.  But ask a cat: carnivore...ism... shouldn't be easy.  The challenge is half the point.
Also the easy proteins and minerals but who's counting
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:05:53 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 26, 2018, 04:37:29 am »

Got pretty drunk last night despite my limited funds.
Saw great bands, headbanged my neck into oblivion, and later on dropped a glass (can't remember if there was beer in it or not) and somehow mildly wounded a couple of my fingers in the process.

Also I can now say I've been to Mernda. Twice. >.>
I really need to make a habit of standing up on trains when I'm that drunk or hungover...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 26, 2018, 05:06:27 am »

Training to be an upstanding citizen?

EDIT: Just got back from my prescribed weekly dosage of going to the pub, got to imbibe a few decidedly mediocre beers and completely miss chatting with the Olivia Wilde-looking bartender who was entirely too focused on either going over the bar's accounts or checking her own Facebook. Either way, bah.

I picked up some food on the way home and am now indulging in a large side of fries with some sugar-free ketchup, because of course my GF is still hanging on to all the sugar-free shit after quitting keto. I got her some onion rings too, 'cause bitches love onion rings.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 28, 2018, 06:59:49 pm »

Got pretty drunk last night despite my limited funds.
Saw great bands, headbanged my neck into oblivion, and later on dropped a glass (can't remember if there was beer in it or not) and somehow mildly wounded a couple of my fingers in the process.

Also I can now say I've been to Mernda. Twice. >.>
I really need to make a habit of standing up on trains when I'm that drunk or hungover...

Hey, 10$ potato vodka is the solution to all of the poor man's problems.

Also, drinking/smoking at concerts is the best, i'd definitely recommend.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 29, 2018, 03:24:37 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:28:46 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 29, 2018, 03:48:41 pm »

I dunno man, my mom sat in front of David Lee Roth in junior high, and didn't have any contact with him again until finding him on social media some 40+ years later and sending a message.

He thought it was pretty damn rad. Y'never know until you reach out.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1137 on: August 29, 2018, 04:18:17 pm »

Well shit, I seem to have discovered that Tequila sits as well with me as Gin does with people who don't sit well with Gin

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 29, 2018, 09:59:21 pm »

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 29, 2018, 10:05:03 pm »

One gin, en gin, Trigin, more!
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 141