Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 171758 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1395 on: December 12, 2018, 02:47:55 am »

I find it both fascinating and disappointing that my wife can't reconcile transhumanism/posthumanism as a valid evolutionary strategy. We're still in the dark ages before the (hopefully near) renaissance of aligned technologies to allow it to occur, but wholesale denial of the benefits strike me as a remarkably regressive ideology. Hopefully the kids will adopt my weltanschauung.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1396 on: December 12, 2018, 03:23:01 am »

I know I'm actually drunk because I'm resonating talking Sid Meier Alpha Centauri theories and ideas with a good friend who recognizes the cultural relevance of that wonderful nightmare.

"What actually transpires beneath the veil of an event horizon? Decent people shouldn't think too much about that."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "For I Have Tasted The Fruit"

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesteryear. But it was never the streets that were evil."
- Sister Miriam Godwinson, "The Blessed Struggle"

Against such abominations, we organize our defenses on the principle that one strong and able mind can shield the many.
- Spartan Battle Manual

I think, and my thoughts cross the barrier into the synapses of the machine - just as the good doctor intended. But what I cannot shake, and what hints at things to come, is that thoughts cross back. In my dreams the sensibility of the machine invades the periphery of my consciousness. Dark. Rigid. Cold. Alien. Evolution is at work here, but just what is evolving remains to be seen.
- Commissioner Pravin Lal, "Man and Machine"

If our society seems more nihilistic than that of previous eras, perhaps this is simply a sign of our maturity as a sentient species. As our collective consciousness expands beyond a crucial point, we are at last ready to accept life's fundamental truth: that life's only purpose is life itself.
- Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Looking God in the Eye"

Human behavior is economic behavior.
Yes, yes, we've all heard the philosophers babble about "oneness" being "beautiful" and "holy". But let me tell you that this kind of oneness certainly isn't pretty and if you're not careful it will scare the bejeezus out of you.
Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill.
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan "The Ethics of Greed"

I believe Planet will talk to us if we are willing to listen. These fungal stalks behave as multistate relays: taken together, the neural net connectivity must be staggering. Can a planet be said to have achieved sentience?
- Lady Deirdre Skye, Arguments in Council

'You are fungicidal idiots. Stop Morgan from carpeting me in formers and boreholes, lest I teach you the lessons Earth already did, dead so young amongst the stars.'
- Lady Deidre Skye, shitposting with planet

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 14, 2018, 01:39:14 am »

I am forty dollars poorer, but 700 millilitres of Southern Comfort richer.   
That was my last forty dollars, but I get paid in a couple days so frankly IDGAF. Also if I'm not feeling up to going out and partying on what should have been an excellent weekend, I am at least going to stay home and party by myself, damnit!
Y'know what would be a cool invention? Some sort of subtle little electronic attachment to clip onto the neck of a bottle, that keeps track of the amount poured out of it. Perhaps, if tech-levels allow, it could analyse the liquid's alcohol content itself... otherwise I'm sure you could simply type in the relevant ABV on some sort of interface.
Such an invention would greatly benefit not only disgraceful, shameless, bottle-swigging hard cunts such as myself, but also the kind of posh weirdoes who prefer to pour their alcoholic beverages into a glass prior to consumption.   

I am having somewhat of a hard time typing right now. I don't think it's drunkenness (not yet, surely!), perhaps just a combination of tiredness, relief, exhaustion and my euphoria at having successfully acquired booze. I absent-mindedly walked to entirely the wrong bottleshop, by the way, so that should give something of an idea of my pre-existing scatteredness.
At least this one turned out to have fairly cheap SoCo, although had I gone to the other one I probably would have spent less money, on something of significantly lower quality but far cheaper.

Also: Asking a bartender to get you "another one", and they serve you a copy of your first beer rather than the one you just finished.
Be thankful they didn't give you a bloody glass of water. ^_^;   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1398 on: December 14, 2018, 05:30:12 am »

Christ above why'd it cost 40 dollarydoos

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 14, 2018, 06:13:36 am »

Christ above why'd it cost 40 dollarydoos
Because he's probably using AUD and not USD, and because they have better availability of booze down under than other places in the world.

Like, up here it costs 55.80 AUD for a 70cl of Southern Comfort.

If he meant 40 USD, then yeah it's the same up here actually.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1400 on: December 14, 2018, 06:18:08 am »

Because he's probably using AUD and not USD, and because they have better availability of booze down under than other places in the world.

Like, up here it costs 55.80 AUD for a 70cl of Southern Comfort.

If he meant 40 USD, then yeah it's the same up here actually.
It's cost you 25 dollarydoos in Bongland for 70cl Southern Comfort, there'd have to be something fucky afoot to raise the prices higher domestically than in export destinatinos

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 14, 2018, 06:25:35 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:16:59 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 14, 2018, 11:02:21 am »

there'd have to be something fucky afoot to raise the prices higher domestically than in export destinatinos
I'm pretty sure the "something fucky" is our ridiculous alcohol tax.
Also I am very drunk right now and I seem to have drunk-dialled my love interest with a blurry selfie courtesy of my current phone before passing out in/on my desk chair. x____X   

Come to moneyhideland and you'll get it below 20. What you want is called a portionierer yoink, sadly translate spits out scoop and my smartphone refuses to show me a fucking URL bc it's important that my searchwords remain in the adress bar even after 1 octillion refreshes... So order your portionierer on amazon germany I guess  :P
I am unsure what a "portionierer" is, but that sounds like paradise regardless.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 14, 2018, 11:24:40 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:15:00 pm by dragdeler »
let

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: December 14, 2018, 05:35:35 pm »

Bah, who needs measures? I have a three step foolproof plan for making drink mixers.

Step 1: Add ice to a 750mL beer stein
Step 2: Add spirits up to half the glass
Step 3: Add mixer to the rest

Never fails.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 14, 2018, 09:10:51 pm »

Uhh, I'm pretty sure most drunks are happy drunks after receiving pizza... glad you had fun though!

@Dragdeler: looks nifty. :o
How does it work exactly?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 15, 2018, 04:43:50 am »

Oh, I got drunk many times before I started getting hangovers that were really anything more than tiredness.
Don't worry, you'll get there eventually. Five and a half drinks of whiskey (assuming I'm interpreting that right) is a pretty decent amount, really.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 15, 2018, 06:22:55 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:18:46 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 15, 2018, 08:30:57 pm »

I'm just two pints in, and I'm already at "commenting on other people's Facebook bullshit"-levels of drunk.

I mean, yeah, those pints were 9% and 10% respectively... But still. The second one also settled a bit poorly and had me feeling slightly ill for a bit.

Am I old now? Is that what this is?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 15, 2018, 09:03:34 pm »

Yes. I've only had three beers and seven half-shots and I'm melancholy over a video game and dreading waking up for work.

I'm only 26 (27 in February)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 141