Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 214785 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2014, 09:08:09 pm »

Also im pretty sure neotherm can vaporise a battlesuit...
More "melt through," but yeah, deployed correctly it would be devastating against them.

Id be willing to give you a token for your efforts and im not trying to necro the argument but you did jip me two tokens by deciding all loot goes to the communal pool when i was the only one who found anything of value. To you it was only two tokens you could use in your attempt to pay 30 players but that was my first piece of loot with actual value, hell if you had asked me i probably would have offered you half its value after repair and resale, you probably would have gotten 2 or 3 tokens still and id have been able to get the sense of achievement from sellng that first piece of loot which is now forever denied to me.
And no GWG before you bring up your mmorpg analogy again it doesnt apply, Auron is in no way a rogue and that cloak wasnt in a locked chest. It was in full view of everyone cycling through its different disguises, i was merely the only person to think "hold on a sec, that thing still works!"
No, you went "I look for loot!" and piecewise gave you that.
And seriously, you lost. Live with it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2014, 09:25:18 pm »

More "melt through," but yeah, deployed correctly it would be devastating against them.
I have a hazy recollection of piecewise stating neotherm burns at some crazy temperature like 10,000+ degrees, i have another less hazy recollection of piecewise saying battlesuit plates melt at 3500...

Id be willing to give you a token for your efforts and im not trying to necro the argument but you did jip me two tokens by deciding all loot goes to the communal pool when i was the only one who found anything of value. To you it was only two tokens you could use in your attempt to pay 30 players but that was my first piece of loot with actual value, hell if you had asked me i probably would have offered you half its value after repair and resale, you probably would have gotten 2 or 3 tokens still and id have been able to get the sense of achievement from sellng that first piece of loot which is now forever denied to me.
And no GWG before you bring up your mmorpg analogy again it doesnt apply, Auron is in no way a rogue and that cloak wasnt in a locked chest. It was in full view of everyone cycling through its different disguises, i was merely the only person to think "hold on a sec, that thing still works!"
No, you went "I look for loot!" and piecewise gave you that.
And seriously, you lost. Live with it.
No.. i went "hold on a sec, that shit still works!" What i posted was "grab the corpse and everything on it."

Also i didnt lose, i chose to hand it over because the only other option at the time was to deny a pair of newbs their token each. I fully intended to recover those tokens at a later date and now i am. Ill live with that instead.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2014, 09:30:00 pm »

We must not be talking about the same neotherm, then. We seem to be talking about something I'm not aware exists.

And you can say all you like, you still failed to get what you wanted. And you had next to no support from anyone--why do you think you'd have more now?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2014, 09:43:24 pm »

OOC thread. This thread is for tinkering, not arguing.

Also, I think this argument has run its course.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2014, 09:45:00 pm »

I have a hazy recollection of piecewise stating neotherm burns at some crazy temperature like 10,000+ degrees, i have another less hazy recollection of piecewise saying battlesuit plates melt at 3500...

Quick searching reveals you working with it, but no concrete numbers. Not even descriptions of effect, even. Thread searched; on-ship, search term; neotherm.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2014, 09:48:53 pm »

Its possible i may be mistaking neotherm for something, but im pretty sure neotherm is the best we can buy.

I had no support back then because everyone wanted money and hadnt looted anything themselves, its easy to support policies that benefit you at no personal cost.

Also radio has already agreed to make me a standard canister of neotherm. This shit is settled, why are you sill arguing?

@pyro: well it appears that dorf appears on page 753 with prior knowledge of neotherm as i included it in my second action, i might be recalling a pm or an out of thread discussion...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:07:56 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2014, 10:34:36 pm »

I had no support back then because everyone wanted money and hadnt looted anything themselves, its easy to support policies that benefit you at no personal cost.
Which explains those on the same team as you, but what about the others, who weren't being paid from that budget? And consider: RC made it clear that the few tokens would be going entirely to new players. Veterans of previous missions knew they wouldn't see a...well, tokens don't come in fractions, but they knew they wouldn't get any benefit whatsoever. So why did they argue?

Also radio has already agreed to make me a standard canister of neotherm. This shit is settled, why are you sill arguing?
Because you tried to play the victim, using this to your advantage, and were not. I do not like people pretending to be victims.
And I hate fallacious arguments.
Sig

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 20, 2014, 10:43:19 pm »

OOC thread.
Or, a better alternative: Take it to PMs.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 20, 2014, 10:54:34 pm »

I have a better alternative, the matter is settled already so why dont we just stop posting about it hmmm?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2014, 05:55:32 am »

I have a better alternative, the matter is settled already so why dont we just stop posting about it hmmm?
Indeed. I still think what I did was reasonable (something Pariah understands, it was for paying new people from the horribly hollow fund), but no matter who is wrong or right or whatever, if there's an easy solution that satisfies all parties, I'm taking that opportunity to end this for good and prevent friction between players. Besides, it won't actually cost me anything, so nothing's lost.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 21, 2014, 07:14:03 am »

Joseph, yours is a simple, yet effective design. A hypervelocity gauss rifle that can easily crack layers of battlesuit plate. Probably not a one-hit kill, mind you, and you would severely damage the battlesuit's armor as you cracked though the successive plates to reach the pilot - they're designed to crack on impact, to minimize damage to the next layer in. However, with a long-rod penetrator instead of a simple small bullet, you could crack multiple plates with one shot. Doesn't help much with the wrecked armor, but does reduce the number of hits required. However, I might note a potential personality conflict from your 'interview', such as it was. You seemed rather quick to defend your work preemptively, and it indicates to me you might not take criticism very well, which could turn into an issue. I'd rather not have you stay, if this could become a problem. You can still work remotely, and procuring the 'equipment beyond your means' shouldn't be a problem if you turn out good work, which I will say, your project has potential to be.

((I don't know what you are referring to with the bad response to criticism, although I may have forgotten can you point me to it))

EDIT: Just checked I have no clue what you are talking about
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:08:49 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2014, 08:20:16 am »

((I don't know what you are referring to with the bad response to criticism, although I may have forgotten can you point me to it))

"I want to stay because I know that I cannot fight not without equipment far beyond my current means, my aim here is to help be it repair work or tinkering, the only thing I really want is for my work to be respected: I have done this for more than 20 years I know what I am doing"

Relevant part bolded. He seemed rather quick to say something like that, it seemed quite defensive.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2014, 09:50:17 am »

Why did you bring it up in the first place?
(P.S. The matter being settled was, essentially, my point.)
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2014, 12:21:14 pm »

Anybody remember whether or not the Gauss rifles use superconductors?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 21, 2014, 03:10:14 pm »

"I want to stay because I know that I cannot fight not without equipment far beyond my current means, my aim here is to help be it repair work or tinkering, the only thing I really want is for my work to be respected: I have done this for more than 20 years I know what I am doing"

Relevant part bolded. He seemed rather quick to say something like that, it seemed quite defensive.
((That wasn't really intended that way in a defensive sense (damn the lack of tonal inflection in writing) more of a request that he not have his work dismissed out of hand without a chance to defend it. also see IC below for more information ))
"I guess you are referring to the response to why I wanted to stay, that defensiveness is rooted in my years at my old job, those scars on my face were a result of a lack of respect"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 127