Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)  (Read 87894 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Night 1)
« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2014, 11:09:42 pm »

Late in the night came the sound of gunshots, and running men. That morning the officer marched you onto the parade ground. Lying their was the body of TheDarkStar.

"It seems that someone decided that this man should be killed off tonight. I have inspected his belongings, and it appears he was a simple Union Soldier. God rest his soul."

After making the remaining 9 of you dig a grave for TheDarkStar, the Union Officer said "which one of you will die today?"

D1 has begun and will end Friday, February 28 at 11:00 PM EST.
Wait... 12-1-1 is 10... Is that a math mistake?
I can't count.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 2)
« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2014, 11:14:50 pm »

Bah, I died. Dying night 1 is annoying, but I guess it has to happen to someone  ::).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 25, 2014, 11:22:22 pm »

In the meantime:
Everyone: What are your analyses of the game so far?  My analysis is thus:
The bad is absent: there was only one nightkill, and it is more likely that a single player is absent than for both remaining scum to be gone.
Mastahcheese is probably not union: he was pressing Solymr far too hard over a small issue that didn't make any sense to me.  However, seeing as how half of the current players are non-union, that doesn't tell us anything: statistically, he could be a third party trying too hard to seem town.  He's about as new as I am, I wouldn't eliminate the possiblity.
This game has too many lurkers: any one of them could have initiated the kill that struck down our faithful companion TDS.  That means you, Scientist, SBC, Tiruin.  However, I reserve my vote for the final lurker: DarkPaladin109.  I have seen you on this subforum, I know you're out there.  Yet you chose not to post anything of any substance.  Why?  Because nobody bothered to try and get you lynched?
NQT: Why Tiruin, of all people?  Yes, she was among the more experienced lurkers, but she was also the one with the RL excuse to not be here.  I'm not entirely sure what's going on right now with her, but what specifically drew your attention to her over, say, SBC, who lurked even more.
Speaking of which, has SBC been seen around recently?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 25, 2014, 11:26:28 pm »

Mastahcheese: Care to explain why you pushed Solymr so hard?  Do you truly believe that he would bus a comrade in no danger of an actual lynch?  Or is there something else you have against him, or was it a ploy to try to get your scumbuddy out of danger?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 25, 2014, 11:28:02 pm »

MOWE: You voted for IG and then disappeared off of the map.  Why?  Did you read the conversations that were had afterwards?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2014, 11:30:07 pm »

All the lurkers: What do you think of how the game has progressed so far?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2014, 11:34:25 pm »

And this is what I get for skimming over the list of players... Caz: Why have you been lurking?  Is it not in the town's best interest to be as active in rooting out scum as possible?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2014, 11:35:13 pm »

Sorry, I've been busy for Science olympiad, and will continue being busy till Sunday.

I hope to be able to contribute more, but right now I don't even have time to read through those pages.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 25, 2014, 11:36:42 pm »

Sorry, I've been busy for Science olympiad, and will continue being busy till Sunday.

I hope to be able to contribute more, but right now I don't even have time to read through those pages.
That's unfortunate, but RL comes first.  Good luck in your endeavors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2014, 12:08:15 am »

4maskwolf
In the meantime:
Everyone: What are your analyses of the game so far?
So far, I'm still waiting on everyone to answer my questions, people need to get in here. I'm going to have to look back to see who had a case on DarkStar.

Mastahcheese: Care to explain why you pushed Solymr so hard?  Do you truly believe that he would bus a comrade in no danger of an actual lynch?  Or is there something else you have against him, or was it a ploy to try to get your scumbuddy out of danger?
I'm pushing him hard because it's called scumhunting. People were complaining about Day 1 being nothing but "debate", so I stepped it up. You even agreed with me earlier, until you started to blindly follow NQT, based on his methods.
Speaking of which, what's up with your blatant abuse of multi-posting? Trying to pad your post count?
And yeah, I think that if he slipped up, he'd follow through out of panic. It wouldn't be the first time someone's cracked under pressure, you of all people know that.

Superblackcat

Well, hopefully you can make some time, here, I'll even give you the questions I'm waiting on from you.

Everyone who has not yet cast their vote: If you were forced to vote someone, who would it be? Why?
Superblackcat: Where are you? You've not been around much.
Well, those don't look so hard.

Everyone else
DarkStar is dead. What are your thoughts on this? What are all of your reads so far?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 1)
« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2014, 12:28:45 am »

This is the first thing that DarkStar said that wasn't RVS based, with answering the "debate" questions.

Currently, I'm confused about why multiple people are seriously considering lynching IG. NQT's argument is that IG won't seriously answer a question, and Solymr doesn't like the answer that IG gave for another question. NQT's argument would work with other evidence, but Solymr's argument makes no sense. If IG was scum, he'd probably give a more detailed scum answer than town answer, since he would have spent much more time thinking about what to do as scum than town.
It seems to me like he had his suspicions on Solymr. I could go back to my argument of the possibility of Solymr being scum, and offing him to get rid of the only person other than me to have suspicions on him, since just killing me would too obvious of a scumtell. But then again, it also seems like the sort of thing that scum would set up to frame him with, knowing that I'm going after him...
I going to give you the benefit of a doubt on this one, Solymr, I don't think you did it. But I'm still watching you.

[Why are you planning to be cautious and hidden?
I want to stay safe.
In general, lurking is a bad idea. If you're quiet, you don't have a say on what happens because you never say anything. Also, it can be seen as being scum - scum tend to not want to be noticed. In general, it's a good idea to be active.
So yeah, darkpaladin109 for scummy play. I'm not voting quite yet, though.
He also showed a FOS on DarkPaladin. But he never voted in either event. I'm not sure how to take this yet, as if it were DP, it would make more sense to go after someone else, since DarkStar was far from the only one to point a finger at him. Unless that's the whole reason behind it. Could also have been someone trying to set something up? Not sure.

Probably the best evidence we could use from DarkStar, however, is the fact that he was kind enough to give us his reads.
My list:
4maskwolf: He's active and tries to get discussion going. Town lean, but this is not certain.
IG: I'm not sure; very slight town lean.
Mastahcheese: Slight scum lean for the way he's going after Solymr. There's a reason there, but he's taking it as a worse scumtell than it should be.
NQT: Null read. He hasn't said much, and the things he's said don't give me much of a read.
Caz: Slight scum/neutral read due to lurking.
SBC: Slight scum/neutral lean due to even more lurking than Caz.
DP109: Scum lean from his posts combined with how new he is. Of course, he has a neutral lean, too, since he has said that he wants to stay out of the way.
Solymr: Slight scum lean, but I think he's mostly just an inexperienced player.
Tiruin: Null read due to excused inactivity.
MOWE: Slight scum/neutral read due to lurking.
+!!scientist!!+- Slight scum/neutral read due to lurking.
No lynch: Not actually a player.

All the "Slight scum/neutral read due to lurking" people are just the ones that haven't really said anything in the last several pages. They are probably more likely neutral than scum, though, because the scum want mislynches while the neutrals have much more specific targets.
The simple fact is that he didn't really form much of a case on anyone, but there has to be some kind of a connection.
Another question for everyone:
What are your thoughts on DarkStar's reads? Do you have anything else of importance to add to the investigation?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Prepare for Day)
« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2014, 02:03:24 am »

This game has too many lurkers: any one of them could have initiated the kill that struck down our faithful companion TDS.  That means you, Scientist, SBC, Tiruin.
I have no comment for this, and will not defend myself--only against the label of being a lurker. 'Stuff' happened in my life as of recent note hence my lacking online activity (ie 2 day absence despite yesterday being my free day) and..I am unsure whether to bring it into full view. RL stuffs, is all I can say.

DAY 1 STUFF
4mask
Tiruin: You are the ugly, and are suspected as a confederate.  How do you diffuse suspicion?
I'll take it this is a D2 thing, yes?
I will diffuse it at best by not going against the speaker, directly, as it can either be an inspector, or a liar. In the note of a '7 are Union soldiers, 3 are Confederate Saboteurs, and 3 are third parties.' the belief behind such a suspicion is more solid than anything else, especially by a claimed inspect (however you didn't type this out).

However, I say it will be most subjective, both the situation and my response--I usually lay out details, and counterpoint, as a general rule. I never go directly against a statement unless I identify something seriously awry with it.

Mr. Cheese
Tiruin: You're the Bad, and the Good is dead. Someone claims Union General, and says that another person is a Confederate, but they don't get lynched by making the argument that they are the Ugly. Instead, the person claiming Union General gets lynched, and is proven to have told the truth. What do you do, and why?
I flail in joy like a muppet.
Opportunistic semblance to personal reaction aside, I am a Union SK. I do as I said above, but to myself IRL and not in thread-post. I will..well, depending on the situation I either delve into it and check on what the rest are doing, leave those claimants to stew among their fates and act as a bystander-prosecutor or base my proceedings on what had just happened.

I...do not work well with general statements (pun not intended), but require a specific situation.

Query: Why pull a neutral role in sucha  situation? What were you thinking about me when you asked me this?

NQT
Tiruin — What's a good reason to lynch somebody today?
Information and their strings attached. I do have a better detailed answer however.
I wonder why you ask me this? What is your opinion and what is your reason for a lynch?

In this note: I'm a Mafia Philosopher. :I I said in regard to what you said in your 'preamble' here is a bad thing due to the translation of qualitative to quantitative and back. It is in the discernment of how you use that method and NOT the method itself that I disliked. Remember the first time you pulled that vote pattern? When you were Mafia-I didn't like how you used it then (back in a game when...Masons and Mafias? I think?)
As for your question: do you mean my little introductory speech? It wasn't that subtle: I outright stated I was a unionist. I enjoy a little bit of light roleplaying to set the mood; I listen to my Spaghetti Western playlist too.
Hmm, reasonable. Well, to me, it seems like subtle insinuation of your intent or role-designed as a subconscious effect. I can also pull my best Union story but what I got as a role PM, being me...is horribly short. Grr @Persus. :I

Anyway, why did you outright state that?

Scientist
Trirruin- how much do you hate it when I misspell your name?[/b]
Hate is such an irrelevant word, sir. I do not hate, I am irritate.
Fancy wording aside, I hold no malice towards those who get my [details] wrong, since I can usually always sense if mistake or intentional. Here? You're being silly. So rawr. :I

Why post an irrelevant question to me? Or do designedly deign to discern my disposition towards your dubious dictation?

Mehve/MOWE
Tiruin:
You've been active on the forum, but not here. Any particular reason why?
Mostly personal organization. What hit me from not posting here (as well as more prioritized threads like my own BM and other stuffs) was my emotional state. It was...not good. However I will state in all honesty and be open to all scrutiny when I say that I was not intentionally staying away from this thread (I mean, wow. A whole mafia day. x__x Goodness.)

...So no particular reason why, which is directly related to Mafia.

Mr. Cheese
Tiruin: You need to stop delaying, Borscht or not. What are your reads so far? And if you would explain the reasons for your reads?
I fail to make a miswording of something funny. As for reads-they were all neutral at the time of my last post with subtle curiosity regarding IG on the skim, NQT for his 'self-claim' as an introductory post, Interest at Solymyr for being new and able to explain himself thoroughly--all neutral reads, but all curious.
Meaning: No I have no read, and I do apologize for my effort. I shouldn't have been weak. I should've posted here. I am sorry.

Reason @above: Skimming, yet I also connected the cause to effect, though my reads are more influenced if I put my weight behind them (or if what I observe their actions are, have good 'emphasis' into them).

And for this delaying note, I do see that you put that as a subtle-aggressive-prod, yes? I was not delaying, however.

I have finished my read and curiosity grows when encountering posts around the 150th mark. Too vague to mark down, but I wll return soonish.

4mask
2. Tiruin, while not posting anything particularly towny-esque, hasn't posted anything that I would consider a scumtell either.  If there is something I missed with a cursory examination, could you link to it?
...I made one post. Really? You can find wrong when there is only one point to base it on?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 1)
« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2014, 01:52:38 pm »

DP: Why have you hardly posted at all?  The only things that you have said are highly suspicious: are you trying to avoid the questions by passive lurking?
I couldn't post replies here yesterday, and I couldn't acess the forums earlier today due to some bug.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:37:38 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2014, 02:05:16 pm »

What the hell is up with those quotes? They are higly manipulated.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 26, 2014, 02:37:01 pm »

Dammit, I'm gonna fix that quote right now.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33