Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 212064 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #765 on: March 26, 2014, 03:29:57 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Xan, you're even creepier than before. Just don't make any little versions of yourself. I don't want this to turn into a repeat of the biohorror expedition. Hrmm. I wonder how many bulkheads are between us and the control room. I mean, a straight line is the fastest way there right?"

Continue down the corridor, looking for anything that might help us identify where we are. Peek through any doors I find along the way.

((No, I didn't expect to be able to move it, I just wanted to make sure. I was hoping to maybe shove the plug back in, and hope they think we're still inside.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 26, 2014, 03:53:09 pm »

Team E(xpendable)/Magilla
If my lower body is attached now, try to get used to it. Afterwards, grab my gear and put on everything I need.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 26, 2014, 03:56:39 pm »

Team B - Close Enough :D

Clamber out of the pod and head down the corridor in the direction Morul's going, ready to chop.

*mandibles clacking*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 26, 2014, 04:09:57 pm »

TEAM G
"Everybody MOVE! we have to get away from here quickly"

drag people out if necessary get moving towards command room, check corners before moving round
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:36:52 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 26, 2014, 04:26:55 pm »

Auron, team C.

check the body for anything useful like keycards or sidearms, follow the bridge line and keep an eye out for any active terminals i could hack into.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 26, 2014, 04:41:29 pm »

Team E / Lerman Russ

Prepare to move out. 'Borrow' any weapons belonging to incapacitated people. If possible, join up with the main attacking force.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 04:43:26 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 26, 2014, 05:09:41 pm »

Thaddeus-Team "Dead Dirtbags"-Grunt

((Works for me))

Get out of the pod and put on my gear. Put Saints and Jacks pods into suspend mode. Borrow Saints Sub-exoskeleton Model C "Hope", his emergency kit, and Jacks laser rifle, extra battery and pain killer. Grab onto something sturdy for when Milno decides which wall to open up.

So boss, this sucks doesnt it? Any thoughts on any of this?

((@ Alarith and Syvarris, I promise I will give you guys back your equipment and refill anything if I use it))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 26, 2014, 05:39:15 pm »

Team B 'Wild Weasels' - Simus the Recently-Repaired

Simus gets up from her position in the pod, and retrieves her Phase suit and other gear from the onboard storage, putting it all on quickly. She then clambers out after Xan, dropping only a little less heavily to the floor.

As I was saying before my voicebox fuzzed out entirely, Morul will be my second-in-command for this operation. Now, does anyone know what ship we're on or where we are in it?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:08:05 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 26, 2014, 05:50:54 pm »

"Steve calls it Delta, and we're the only team to arrive here. Good thing we all made it, I'd hate to have to take a ship by myself. As for location, we seem to be in some sort of maintenance corridor, don't know which section. Hell. Never thought I'd be doing this again."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 26, 2014, 07:38:44 pm »

Simus gets up from her position in the pod, and retrieves her Phase suit and other gear from the onboard storage, putting it all on quickly. She then clambers out after Xan, dropping only a little less heavily to the floor.

As I was saying before my voicebox fuzzed out entirely, Morul will be my second-in-command for this operation. Now, does anyone know what ship we're on or where we are in it?

((Don't forget team letter))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 26, 2014, 10:43:53 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Move up with my team, Keeping a cameye out for enemies. Charge an uncon bonus.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 27, 2014, 12:11:39 am »

Team E

Try a different solid sounding wall. Keep trying walls until we get a suitable entrance that we can enter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 27, 2014, 02:09:05 am »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader

So boss, this sucks doesnt it? Any thoughts on any of this?

"Get used to it."

After Thaddeus is geared: Milno tries the left wall, stepping to the side to wait to check for the results and the area outside with a mirror. In case the left wall was an obviously bad choice, try up.

As soon as contact with Steve is reestablished, ask the following:
"Any nasty traps or surprises I should be aware of in case I want to advance at full speed? Monorazor wire nets and lasers from the walls, anything as deadly as a defense system? Had to ask."

In case there are no obvious signs or marks indicating the way to the bridge, also ask Steve about it and in case Steve confirms there are no exquisitely crafted deathtraps around the ship, see if it is possible to move forward using the following system: a) hold fancy shield in front of Milno, b) carry Thaddeus along, c) use a bit of a moderate rocket dash and inertia to fly almost to the other end of the corridor, d) then land and use the mirror to check around the corner for hostile movement, e) move to the next hallway towards the bridge and f) repeat.

In case Milno's too weakened for that, he just advances a bit faster than Thaddeus with buzz mode and the shield in place, checks around the corners with a mirror and repeats the process.

If there are signs of possible imminent combat or if combat suddenly breaks out, activate EMM.

((@renegadelobster: In case Saint's exo happens to be a bit too heavy, you may want to leave it behind so Milno can carry Thaddeus around without trouble. In case Milno's unable to perform that method of moving forward, then I guess Thaddeus will need Saint's exo since he'll be doing a fair bit of running.))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:17:35 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 27, 2014, 02:33:48 am »

Team A | Ship Alpha -- Skylar | Support

Shit... vehicle?

Get low. If there is some cover in the direction of the bridge, get into it.

If the bridge is in the same direction as the other team, get ready to move quietly that way. Otherwise, stay in cover or low against a wall and get ready to attack whatever is coming this way.

((Wait, I'm confused. Is Thaddeus injured?))
When I was doing the last turn, the wiki said he was, but I think it was incorrect. So just assume you're fine.

(( Apologies for that, I will more clearly label any snarky status updates next time ))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:35:42 am by Kriellya »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 27, 2014, 09:27:26 am »

(I'll be taking over Sean's/Anton's sod team until either he can do it again or Swordsmith can do it.))

Boarding Team "Kappa" (H),  temporary mission control - Miyamoto

All sods take position around the only exit. Grenadier 1 opens the door, others stay ready to shoot if something comes out. If no hostiles on other side, support sod uses scout drone and checks ahead, while commander sod checks in with Steve to ask what ship they're on and the general direction of the bridge.

((Say PW, did the sods get Mk.I or Mk.II suits for this boarding action?))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:39:27 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 109