Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 210958 times)

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1005 on: April 09, 2014, 09:21:40 am »

Angel: Team C

Stay in cover pending the results of Auron's action, spend the time looking for an access panel on the walls for the turrets and anything or anyone coming down the tunel at us when Auron is done ask the following so as not to distract him

Squad-Commander, what's the plan if the tram comes by whilst we're standing here? odds are there isn't that much clearance in the tunnel

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 09, 2014, 09:22:58 am »

Team F

Stand guard. Also, if Lars and grate fail to do whatever they are doing, do it my self.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 09, 2014, 09:28:45 am »

Team E/Magilla
Take cover, open fire on the turrets with my laser rifle, and if the opportunity arises, punch the nearest turret I see with my Kinetic Amplifier.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 09, 2014, 09:33:57 am »

"pretty sure Thomas is squad commander but as for the tram id say just stick close to the wall, avoid falling onto the tracks and shoot any passengers so we can use the tram as mobile cover.

Or you know, we could just blast it... or melt a hole in the floor and try our luck one level down."

((Pretty sure we are on a pedestrian walkway next to the tracks, so we should be safe...ish.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 09, 2014, 01:07:06 pm »

TEAM G

Wait for my team mates to finish their attacks and after that enter BT, take down all the survivors of the attack, trying to cause the minimum number of deaths possible, but leaving enemies unconscious or disabled.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 09, 2014, 02:32:08 pm »

Team F, Dominika Novak
Keep an eye out for enemies, find good cover.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1011 on: April 09, 2014, 02:44:34 pm »

TEAM AD

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

Finally get on and look at plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box. Because I've been doing less productive things all day :P

Sure, one spare magic space calculator and the spare suit coming up. I guess that puts me on shadow duty. Fine by me, I'll rocket in at your signal. Or when something explodes. Either way.

Shadow along behind the FUIAB truck, stick to cover and wait at any corners for the truck team to let me know that there aren't any cameras around the bend. Otherwise, stay well back and hidden.
Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

Flint started singing the Mission Impossible theme as the elevator descended.

Get the spare Microwave Manipulator from Skylar, hide all weapons I can't hide near the driver's seat in the box.
Once everyone's ready, take the elevator to the control room.
Make sure Skylar is hidden so that he can't be seen when the elevator doors open.
Once there, if there doesn't seem to be anything dangerous around, start driving towards the control room.
Keep listening to the All frequency for anything interesting.
I can't get a bigger speech dynamic bonus, right? Or a concurrent charisma bonus (by remembering how those people looked like or acted for example) in case I want try to salvage a failed speech roll?

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha

"I also have one of those Microwave amp things in my head, in case we need them to believe that the manip will be used. I've heard the stories about those things, they scare the hell out of me."

Follow along with plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box. Put on advanced Mk. I and study the ID and any of the papers the previous owner had on him. Load laser into the box. Adjust laser shotgun from wide spread down to a narrow spread, sorta like a hunting shotgun with a choke. When shit hits the fan, get out of Milno's and Flints way, taking shots at targets of opportunity. Alternate between laser and microwave amp. Center of mass shots with laser, heat a one foot sphere centered in their chest by 200 degrees Celsius for amp.
Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha

"Yeah. Anyone staying back has to stay here in case there are no cameras around. It'd be better if we could drop them off at a floor closer to the bridge, but the camera I disabled earlier was pointed right at the lift. If we tried to drop someone somewhere else, another camera could pick us up." Milno explains. "Get any combat equipment you want to take inside the box, too. And if rookie's using that uniform, give him the ID and any papers of the guy you got the clothes from. The disguised people need to know who the hell they're impersonating."

We're following through with plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box: Milno hiding inside the box and disguised people driving the cart. We get to the bridge corridor and try to infiltrate the bridge. In case the infiltration works or shit happens, Milno activates EMM and reacts according to the threat and based on his usual combat preferences. Engage sods and turrets to destroy, engage armed humans to wound, cripple or kill temporarily and knock out any unarmed humans. Use melee or ranged weaponry as needed.

Alright, I'm gonna just summarize what I understand the plan to be before we go with it, just to make sure I've got it right.

Flint and Thad are going to get dressed in the suits that the workers they knocked out were in and attempt to use this disguise and the ID cards to get into the guarded bridge area. They'll keep their weapons tucked under the front seat, just in case anything goes wrong. Milno will hide in the box, along with the rest of the weapons, and wait to pop out when either they make it to the bridge itself, or shit goes south. Sky will be hiding in the elevator, since there's no room for him on the truck, and will pop out as needed.

Is this the plan?

TEAM B

Team B - Angry Space Wizard

FUCK YOU

Heat the barrel of the turret up to soften the metal, then pinch the barrel shut using amps.

Also dive for cover.

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Wait, hold on Xan. I have an idea."

Examine the turret for any convenient exposed wiring, and if I do see any, yank it with my amp. If the UWM isn't that bloody stupid, look for what's attaching it to the ceiling. Also, what kind of turret, ballistic, or laser?

((Welp. I don't suppose that I could use my amp to bend light around us? Well, with the stats I have now. I assume with enough skill and mindpoints it could be possible.))
Team B
Hey look, a free gun. Try not to destroy it, I want it.
Try to laser through the base of the turret with my laser rifle.

[Xan dex:4-1]
[Morul dex:4+1]
[Dub dex:1]

Dub derps out hard.
Morul doesn't see any exposed wiring and, rather then leaping for cover, just sort of stands there and attempts to discern what kind of weapon the turret is using.
Xan manages to spring into action just as the turret begins firing.

[xan exo:3+1]

Xan manages to twist the barrel of the turret to the side, effectively rendering it inoperable, though not before it's fired several rounds toward the group.

[morul end:3+1,5+1]
One round clinks off Morul's helmet, the other punches through his calf, blowing the flesh away to the point this his shin bone is visible.  He collapses backward and flops to the ground.

"Turns out it was a Gauss rifle guys. Gauss rifle."

TEAM C

Auron team C.

Attempt to melt the base of the turrets using my microwave amp.

Angel: Team C

Stay in cover pending the results of Auron's action, spend the time looking for an access panel on the walls for the turrets and anything or anyone coming down the tunel at us when Auron is done ask the following so as not to distract him

Squad-Commander, what's the plan if the tram comes by whilst we're standing here? odds are there isn't that much clearance in the tunnel

I'll assume auron means manip.
[uncon:3+1]
Well, auron manages to melt one of the turrets. And angel manages to find out that there is no easily accessible control panel by which to control these things. THANKS UMW! GREAT FUCKING SHIP DESIGN!

Turrets OP, plz nerf.

TEAM E

Team E- Lerman

Take cover! Take potshots at the turrets, keep my eyes open for any reinforcements or consoles I could use to disable the turrets safely.

Team E

Get into cover and start blasting at the turrets with my rocket rifle. Provide covering fire for others if they need it, namely if they are crossing between cover or need a distraction.

Team E/Magilla
Take cover, open fire on the turrets with my laser rifle, and if the opportunity arises, punch the nearest turret I see with my Kinetic Amplifier.

[Dex:4,4+1+1,1]
[magilla end:2]
Lerman manages to dodge out of the way just in time. Bishop performs a high speed rocket assisted dodge...straight into a wall. He's uninjured but rather too stunned to open fire. Magilla, being the slow and brutish bastard he is, unfortunately gets fucking jackhammered by 4 gauss turrets firing simultaneously. His hulking gorilla body is torn to pieces as softball sized holes are punched straight through his torso and limbs. Luckily, despite completely murdering his body, they manage to not hit his small monkey brain.
[smurf con:5]
Lerman, with an amazing shot, manages to destroy one of the turrets by firing straight down it's barrel. Quality work there, Lerman.

TEAM F

Brother Lars: Team F Chaplain

"What now? Should we try and take over the gun?"

"We are tasked with capturing these ships.  Let's disable it for now, then get to the bridge, in the name of Steve!"

See if we can disable the guns charging.  Get Grate to help hopefully.

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Help Lars fiddle with weapon systems. See what all weapon systems are controlled from here.

Team F

Stand guard. Also, if Lars and grate fail to do whatever they are doing, do it my self.
[Toaster aux:5]
[gwg aux:4]
Lars and Grate, through strategic percussive maintenance. manage to halt the main gun's charge and begin dumping the charge.

TEAM G

TEAM G

SPRAY MY GLORIOUS MINING LASER AT THEM

TEAM G

Wait for my team mates to finish their attacks and after that enter BT, take down all the survivors of the attack, trying to cause the minimum number of deaths possible, but leaving enemies unconscious or disabled.

I believe I can encapsulate Corsair's thinking here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ3q-afni5k about 1:19.

Yeah. Thats about it.
[corsair con:5]

Turns out that high energy cutting weapons being swept across the heads and necks of unarmed civilian personnel is extremely effective. Now you have a hallway full of corpses.

TEAM H

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Hasala is distracted from wondering who the heck this "Steve" guy is, and when he could have told him anything like that, by the Sods' inactivity. Again.
"The hell is wrong with these guys? MOVE! I've given you the order half a dozen times now! Geez..."

Take the short route. Stop just out of sight of the barracks doors, and have one Sod check around the corner. If the hall is empty, approach the door cautiously. If they get there without any UWM personnel appearing, continue past, with at least half of the squad keeping an eye on the door until it's out of sight again.
The path toward the barracks hall is fairly empty, but you run into a single, possible issue. You come to a "T" intersection, your path intersecting another that goes off to both the left and right. Your path is toward the right. However, a crewman, unarmed by the look of it, is coming down the left hall, headed in your direction.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 09, 2014, 03:09:14 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels
((I'm full robot, don't have a helmet, don't have flesh. I assume the leg is still frakked though.))

"Hrmmm. Yeah, that works. Thanks for not fucking up Xan. Quality work. Keep it up."

Examine leg. How damaged is it? Can I still walk? If I can, head over to the remains of the turret, and see if I can grab any ammo from it. Then follow the group. If not, see if I can get help fixing it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:02:23 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1013 on: April 09, 2014, 03:11:04 pm »

Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier
Alright, I'm gonna just summarize what I understand the plan to be before we go with it, just to make sure I've got it right.

Flint and Thad are going to get dressed in the suits that the workers they knocked out were in and attempt to use this disguise and the ID cards to get into the guarded bridge area. They'll keep their weapons tucked under the front seat, just in case anything goes wrong. Milno will hide in the box, along with the rest of the weapons, and wait to pop out when either they make it to the bridge itself, or shit goes south. Sky will be hiding in the elevator, since there's no room for him on the truck, and will pop out as needed.

Is this the plan?

Yes, unless anybody objects. Oh, and Sky keeps his weapons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 09, 2014, 03:36:18 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha - Initiating Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

That's pretty much it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 09, 2014, 03:47:42 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Looks right to me
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:06:03 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 09, 2014, 03:49:46 pm »

Team A - Skylar

Yeah, sounds about right. I still have a pyro manip, I gave Flint the pyro manip that Stacy had.

(( Echo, echo, echo, echo ))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 09, 2014, 03:50:27 pm »

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

If the crewman has seen the Sods already, the entire Sod squad will pile out into the hall and aim their weapons at the crewman, and one of them will shout for the crewman to surrender and to remove his helmet. If he doesn't, one of the grenadiers will shoot him. Non-fatally, of course.

If the crewman hasn't seen the Sods yet, they'll stay hidden in the hallway. When the crewman reaches the junction, one of them will jump him and bash him in the face with their metal baton, and if he isn't unconscious/dead, two of the Sods will grab him and prevent him from moving while the third takes his helmet from him.

If at any point the crewman turns out to be armed, one of the Sods will shoot to disable (unless in melee range, in which case they'll just beat him up).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 09, 2014, 04:01:52 pm »

((Clearly you turreted teams should have brought shard launchers!  Good shot Lerman, though.))

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

Brother Lars raises his arms.  "Surely the gods are with us today!  Praise Cog-azaon for revealing the holy machinations of the machine to us.  Amen."

Head back the way we came to the green hallway to the bridge.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 09, 2014, 04:24:23 pm »

Team F

"We should also loot the armoury on this ship if we find it."

follow Lars.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 109