Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 210979 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1365 on: April 29, 2014, 02:24:00 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

I was expecting more...I don't know, bloodshed and rampant disregard for human life. I'm kinda bummed that worked so well. Oh well, maybe next time.

Also help Flint restrain the crew and loot them search for anything useful. Afterwards, stand guard over them, just to be on the safe side
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 29, 2014, 03:15:34 pm »

Angel: Team C:They always lock the door... you'd think they would have learned by now - Kyle Katarn, Jedi blademaster

Doesn't look like that's going to get us in this side of the heat death of the universe, damn I wish I still had my old gear... but if wishes were starships and all that

Look around for ways to bypass the door, computer consoles, electrical maintenance panels, conveniently large air vents... might as well try the obvious stuff first

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 29, 2014, 04:05:33 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Remember the plan. And don't use your amp unless they start shooting at us."

Activate external speakers, and address the crew.

"May I direct your attention to the large mantis. It is hungry, and it likes the taste of human. If you line up nicely against the wall, I'll keep it restrained. Any resistance will be awarded with some quality alone time with the mantis. I've heard it likes to play with its food."

Brace for decompression, and if that doesn't work, and if anyone resists, let Xan kill/eat/whatever them. If they start shooting, or multiple people resist, use my amp to throw the turret ammo at them, aiming for center of mass.

((Please work, please work, please work.))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:01:25 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 29, 2014, 04:42:52 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Should an AUX bypass not work, cut through the door with either my amp or my sword. Should the AUX bypass work, charge an uncon bonus/aid in raiding the bridge. (Sword and gun as needed, amp only as necessary.)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:22:55 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 29, 2014, 04:51:50 pm »

A warning to you, Simus intends to temporarily expose the ship to vacuum.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 29, 2014, 05:14:20 pm »

Team E

Just use a cutter and be ready to storm the bridge! Toss in a flashbang first from cover, then once it's gone off, breach and clear with my teammate!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 29, 2014, 06:49:10 pm »

Auron, team C.

Perform Aux bypass on the door, or use my maintenance keycard if that works.

Once inside the bridge begin shield bashing the crew and taking their sidearms, also gut punch anyone using amps in such an important location.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 29, 2014, 09:41:45 pm »

Team E - Lerman

Wait for teammate to cut open the door and frag any potential enemies, then breach and clear!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 30, 2014, 05:38:25 am »

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Question Sod on what control device it is referring to. Then try again, but actually decipher what else besides controlling Sods the bank of monitors the Sod commanders were using can do. If nothing, continue towards Bridge.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 30, 2014, 05:51:50 am »

Here goes nothing.

Morul, Xan, this is your warning - shipwide barotrauma - hopefully - in just a moment.

Use whatever controls are available, from emergency siphons to simply opening bulkhead doors and airlocks, to evacuate all air from the ship, leave it a moment, and then repressurize the ship. If it's done fast enough, the barotrauma inflicted should knock out the crew.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 30, 2014, 12:27:37 pm »

Team H, Starfleet Archivist Academy - Anton Chernozorov

>The Red Moon Rebellion took place on a series of large colonies which were mining valuable commodities. They were quite built up and the UWM didn't want to just destroy them and lose everything. They wanted the mining to continue so they tried to take the place using ground troops. It became a protracted guerrilla warfare battle, but they eventually won. The Rebellion was just one of the longest running, it wasn't successful at all, from an objective standpoint. They never had any chance of even keeping their colonies, let alone doing anything more.

"Ah, so they have had the same kind of locational protection we have here. Except they didn't have enough combined power to do anything but sit there and defend, and against the UWM that's the worst position to be in. I guess that makes sense. That was quite informative, Steve, thank you." Anton lounges back in the chair and looks over the monitors. "So! Are they getting close to any sort of accomplishment up there? If this goes on any longer the UWM might try something again, and we have almost all our troops tangled up in orbit."

Chat with Steve, look at what the fleet is doing, check sensor readings. The usual.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 30, 2014, 12:29:13 pm »

Here goes nothing.

Morul, Xan, this is your warning - shipwide barotrauma - hopefully - in just a moment.

Use whatever controls are available, from emergency siphons to simply opening bulkhead doors and airlocks, to evacuate all air from the ship, leave it a moment, and then repressurize the ship. If it's done fast enough, the barotrauma inflicted should knock out the crew.
Action edited for self defence.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 30, 2014, 03:02:13 pm »

Action edited
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1378 on: April 30, 2014, 03:22:32 pm »

TEAM AD
Team A

"Thank you. I promise on my honour no harm shall come to you as long as you cooperate. We want to do this as peacefully as possible." said Flint to the surrendered crew.

Check the room to make sure it's clear and doesn't have any hidden turrets or weapon toting maniacs (that aren't part of the ARM).
If all's clear, liberally strip the crew, restrain them and gag em. Look for anything useful on them, like keycards or weapons.
If they are too many to process, just round 'em up somewhere out of the way and confiscate their helmets and other communication equipment as well as any weapons, keycards and anything else of interest.
Ask Steve if he knows about anything else I should keep an eye out for regarding the bridge and its crew.

"Somebody want to help me with this?"
Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Bridge

"Steve. What's next?"

Help Flint restrain the bridge people. Afterwards, ask Steve what's next and, if that's the next step, use the cables brought along to connect to the bridge's stuff and let Steve take control.

Check if there are any screens showing camera feeds and see if the ship's sods are anywhere to be seen.

Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

Alright Steve, we have the bridge. Anywhere in particular you'd like to get plugged in?

Start examining consoles and ports on the bridge. If Steve directs me to a port, head over and plug my suit into it.

Otherwise, prepare a dynamic bonus to use on the consoles next turn.

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

I was expecting more...I don't know, bloodshed and rampant disregard for human life. I'm kinda bummed that worked so well. Oh well, maybe next time.

Also help Flint restrain the crew and loot them search for anything useful. Afterwards, stand guard over them, just to be on the safe side
So flint says to "liberally" strip them. I'm gonna chose to interpret that as a misspelling of "Literally"

So flint, channeling May and Auron at the same time, proceeds to tear off everyone's clothing and tie them up in a big, uncomfortable, naked pile before rifling through their stuff for goodies. He finds key cards, some low power side arms, and many personal effects that aren't worth jack to him.

Meanwhile, Skylar finds a port for steve to plug into.

>You may want to get out of your suit for this; It's gonna be too busy transmitting data to handle life support, so if you're inside it while I'm transmitting you're either gonna suffocate or burn alive. Or both.

TEAM B

Team B

Do you want to kill them or not?

To Simus: Warn us when you release the vacuum.

Growlhiss menacingly at the workers. If they attack/resist, shred the resisting ones with my talons and jaws.
Regardless, expend Will bonus on making myself capable of resisting yet short term effects of vacuum for a few minutes.
Grab onto something when the vacuum thing happens in case Simus fucks up and the doors stay open forever.

"Remember the plan. And don't use your amp unless they start shooting at us."

Activate external speakers, and address the crew.

"May I direct your attention to the large mantis. It is hungry, and it likes the taste of human. If you line up nicely against the wall, I'll keep it restrained. Any resistance will be awarded with some quality alone time with the mantis. I've heard it likes to play with its food."

If anyone resists, let Xan kill/eat/whatever them. If they start shooting, or multiple people resist, use my amp to throw the turret ammo at them, aiming for center of mass.

((Please work, please work, please work.))

Here goes nothing.

NO TEAM LABELED WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG.

Xan walks up to the two closest men and wraps his claws around their shoulders as his flesh transforms into an adhoc space suit.

"In the moment you're going to hear a popping noise. Thats the sound of your ear drums rupturing. Your best course of action right now would be to get all the air out of your lungs to minimize pressure differentials."

They start screaming

"Good! Just like that!"

A moment later the pressure in the room suddenly drops and the men jerk about for a few seconds before passing out onto the controls.

"Was that really necessary?" Morul asks, poking one of the men with his weapon.

"No. But it was fun."

TEAM C

Angel: Team C:They always lock the door... you'd think they would have learned by now - Kyle Katarn, Jedi blademaster

Doesn't look like that's going to get us in this side of the heat death of the universe, damn I wish I still had my old gear... but if wishes were starships and all that

Look around for ways to bypass the door, computer consoles, electrical maintenance panels, conveniently large air vents... might as well try the obvious stuff first
Auron, team C.

Perform Aux bypass on the door, or use my maintenance keycard if that works.

Once inside the bridge begin shield bashing the crew and taking their sidearms, also gut punch anyone using amps in such an important location.

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Should an AUX bypass not work, cut through the door with either my amp or my sword. Should the AUX bypass work, charge an uncon bonus/aid in raiding the bridge. (Sword and gun as needed, amp only as necessary.)
Auron easily unlocks the door and the team rolls in as one big cohesive unit, waving swords and rifles around and generally being threatening. Angel and Denzel shout that if no one moves, no one gets hurt. Auron just runs around punching people in the face, stealing their side arms and then pistol whipping them. It's not exactly what you would call "endearing" but it seems effective.

TEAM E

Team E - Lerman

Wait for teammate to cut open the door and frag any potential enemies, then breach and clear!

Team E

Just use a cutter and be ready to storm the bridge! Toss in a flashbang first from cover, then once it's gone off, breach and clear with my teammate!

Well, the cutter works just fine and dandy. Problem is, as soon as it cuts the hole,  and knocks the cut out piece inside, bullets start coming through the hole. Not to mention you think you heard that cut out piece of metal hit something on the way into the room. Probably bad. Oh well. Bishop tosses a flash bang in and starts counting off the seconds until it goes off. At about 2 from detonating the grenade flies back through the hole and lands in the room with them Their suit saves them from the flash and noise, but their initial attack isn't going so great.

TEAM F

Lars shouts over the gunfire.  "Fools!  We must now show them the true glory of Steve!  Sing your songs of Ingram!"

Start taking them down with the Gauss rifle.  Sing hymns while doing so.  Also slap Dominika into being useful.
Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Lars shouts over the gunfire.  "Fools!  We must now show them the true glory of Steve!  Sing your songs of Ingram!"

Start taking them down with the Gauss rifle.  Sing hymns while doing so.  Also slap Dominika into being useful.
Sigh at Lars.
Shoot at the civilians. If possible, aim to incapacitate rather than to kill.
Team F
Shoot the crewman with my bolt action rifle.

"FUCK YOU!"
Grate busily shoots the wall, Jack manages a few good shots but his rifle sort of slows down his killing rate. Lars, on the other hand, suddenly drops into straight out paladin mode. He drops grate, stands up and starts slowly walking forward, shooting one crewman at a time while loudly singing hymns. He gets shot four times in the course of his holy crusade, but he doesn't slow down and he doesn't stop singing. Hell, he doesn't even lose the beat. When it's over every crewman on the bridge is dead and Lars is standing around with 4 bleeding bullet holes and an empty rifle.

"Amen." he says before slumping down into one of the chairs near the consoles. He gestures toward the controls with his rifle. "Get us in control."

TEAM G

Team G

Is this the control room? If not, where is it?

Wait for the answer.

The answer is a simultaneous nodding of heads from everyone in the room.

TEAM H

Team H, Starfleet Archivist Academy - Anton Chernozorov

>The Red Moon Rebellion took place on a series of large colonies which were mining valuable commodities. They were quite built up and the UWM didn't want to just destroy them and lose everything. They wanted the mining to continue so they tried to take the place using ground troops. It became a protracted guerrilla warfare battle, but they eventually won. The Rebellion was just one of the longest running, it wasn't successful at all, from an objective standpoint. They never had any chance of even keeping their colonies, let alone doing anything more.

"Ah, so they have had the same kind of locational protection we have here. Except they didn't have enough combined power to do anything but sit there and defend, and against the UWM that's the worst position to be in. I guess that makes sense. That was quite informative, Steve, thank you." Anton lounges back in the chair and looks over the monitors. "So! Are they getting close to any sort of accomplishment up there? If this goes on any longer the UWM might try something again, and we have almost all our troops tangled up in orbit."

Chat with Steve, look at what the fleet is doing, check sensor readings. The usual.

Steve informs you of the fact that several teams are either in their respective control rooms or close to it. You also notice one of the ships is venting atmosphere rather aggressively.

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Question Sod on what control device it is referring to. Then try again, but actually decipher what else besides controlling Sods the bank of monitors the Sod commanders were using can do. If nothing, continue towards Bridge.

The bank of monitors seems to be simply that. It used to have readouts on each sod and their locations and such, and computer systems that seemed to have a relation to them, but all that is gone now. Dead. All thats left are the scattered feeds from a few stationary cameras. Could probably control those, at least.

The sod explains in broken English that there are machines inside sods that allow for monitoring and control of them. But that the sods can break these connections and go autonomous if ordered to do so. He remarks that sods in autonomous mode are "Dangerous".

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 30, 2014, 03:32:54 pm »

Team B:Wild Weasels

"No, you cannot eat them. Simus, we followed the red line to the Weapon Control Room. I wanna see if we can shut down some of the automatic defenses from here."

Examine the control stations and see if I can find something that could shut down/reprogram/control any automated defenses on the ship. If all the controls are for the ship's various cannons and laser batteries, leave them alone, and start tying up the crew, and stripping them of any access cards, radios, or sidearms.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 109