Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 212101 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1350 on: April 29, 2014, 12:15:10 am »

Team E

Hover down the path behind my teammate a good distance behind him using buzz mode. Keep a keen eye out for any traps and be ready to disable any that activate as fast as possible. Be ready with a flashbang when we get near the door, incase it opens, and prepare to duck in cover if someone opens it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1351 on: April 29, 2014, 12:30:03 am »

To Team AD:
"Hey, you know those hostages I had? They're dead. Lying, suicidal, fanatical little... anyway. I've got nothing for you guys, sorry. Good luck. My guys probably won't be there in time to help you."
"Damnit, did they commit suicide? Those idiots. That same thing happened to me twice before. Why do these people want to die so much? Wish there was some way we could save them.
Anyway, are their heads intact? They may want them for interrogation. Maybe some of them will live after all, if they're smart and lucky enough during the interrogation.
And you sure there's nothing else you can do in there? Maybe plug a suit in somewhere? We're (hopefully) almost done here anyway."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 29, 2014, 04:46:11 am »

"Suicide? Yes. I'll have the soldiers retrieve their brains for interrogation, then. About the suit stuff, I'll admit I'm not exact a tech person, but I'll take a closer look."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1353 on: April 29, 2014, 05:08:39 am »

"Suicide? Yes. I'll have the soldiers retrieve their brains for interrogation, then. About the suit stuff, I'll admit I'm not exact a tech person, but I'll take a closer look."
"Yeah, me neither. I'm just giving some ideas. Although the brains aren't really necessary now that I think about it. We can probably take care of that when we clean the ships (literally) as long as they're intact. But if you want to carry them..."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 29, 2014, 05:45:15 am »

"I'm back on the planet. It's not me that will be carrying around the bag of heads, and these guys don't seem like the kind to mind. Anyways, isn't there a time limit on revivication? Might already be cutting it close, depending on how long this takes."

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 29, 2014, 08:03:25 am »

Angel: Team C

Cover the door in case it opens unexpectedly, get ready to breach and clear. Wish I had a proper breaching charge and some grenades

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1356 on: April 29, 2014, 12:08:55 pm »

TEAM AD
Team A

((Yep. All UWM personnel are either brainwashed or suicidal. Probably both, given the world they live in.))

Use speech to persuade them to surrender and/or work with us.
If that fails:
If they don't have weapons, try to subdue them and restrain them.
If they have melee weapons, use the monorazor.
If they have ranged weapons or if the situation demands it (they start running towards dome kind of panic room for example), use laser rifle. Try not to shoot if there is danger if hitting teammates, unless it's absolutely necessary.
Try to keep it less than lethal. Try not to damage any equipment.

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Bridge

"Stand still right now." Milno orders to all the bridge crew at the same time as he activates the MkIII's enhanced movement mode. He's almost sure they'll refuse to comply, so some bashing and breaking of bones is likely to be in order.

Activate EMM. In case Flint's diplomacy doesn't work (likely) or they move (even more likely), start to take out in ways that do not cause perma-death nor damage to the room itself. Shield-bashing, striking, knocking out, knocking down and, if necessary, temp-killing are all cool. In case they don't have anything protecting their mouths or nostrils, spray paralyzing gas around to make things easier.

In case they comply, safely restraining and knocking them out is enough.

Supposedly during combat sequence, to Team H (Sod Controller): "We got the bridge. I advise to just execute all commanders if they turn out to be brainwashed idiots and then try to prevent damage that bad order may cause."
Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

Remove any remaining equipment from the cart, then shove the remains of the cart halfway into the elevator, such that the doors would have to close on it, and tape down the hold door button.

Once that's done, if the bridge has been 'cleared' of crew, head over and start examining consoles, looking for important stations and ports to connect into for Steve.

While doing the task of shoving a pile of scrap around, something suddenly occurred to him...
Hey Steve, you said Sod order possibilities were standard, but the numbers were random, right? What sorts of orders are given with those numbers?
Cause if I were designing a remote control solider, I wouldn't bother trying to program in a thousand different movement orders for every possibility. I would have just a few, setup as 'Order: Relocate, location to follow'. Similar for most basic commands. But I *would* code in a ton of codes for failure states, like 'controller compromised' or 'ship compromised'.
So, realistically speaking, how many of the numbers those commanders are spewing could possibly do something we want the Sods to do?

(( What was that you were saying about the cart being ultimately useless? :P ))
Team D,"Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Stay at the bridge door and look threatening as Milno talks. When it turns to shit, provide non-lethal covering fire with the laser if possible and cook by 200 degrees Celsius centered on a one foot sphere on their chest for temp deaths.

Flint manages to talk down the entire bridge staff and get them to line up against the wall with their hands on their heads. Well...that works.

In the mean time, Skylar shoves the broken golfcart into the elevator to block the doors and then tapes the hold doors button down. Should be a good combination of mechanical and technological hindrances.

TEAM B

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Alright, you two grab our frozen friend and get over here. Follow the red path. I'll wait until you get here, and then we'll open the door."

Wait for Simus and Xan to get here, then open the door.

Team B - Temperature fuckup concluded.

Alright you're good, Simus. Let's go. Loot that corpse if you want.

To Morul: Morul, where are you?

Head to Morul location. Discard exo bonus again, charge Will bonus. Actually going to use it for something this time.

Team B 'Wild Weasels' - CO Simus

Wasn't an offer to you, Xan. After being frozen solid for a bit, I wouldn't ask you to do that again, you really do need a decomp. Perhaps I might tilt the pay for this a bit - I, at least, will not be in need of tokens much longer.

Now, I hope you don't have any orifices that contain air. You and Morul get the frozen guy back to the medical area of our shell, and then I'm going to expose the whole ship to vacuum, if I can, very quickly and for a short amount of time. The barotrauma alone, not to mention anoxia, should knock out most of the crew.

Simus attempts to find environmental controls relating to air pressure. Familiarize self once there (without touching anything). ((Charge AUX Dynamic Bonus))

Alright so Xan heads over and meets morul. Morul gets the door open which reveals a room full of consoles much like before. It's manned by crew members in red, much like before as well. Perhaps this time they can do something about that that doesn't involve rampant murder.

Meanwhile, Simus screws around looking at the climate control in preparation for trying something.

TEAM C

Angel: Team C

Cover the door in case it opens unexpectedly, get ready to breach and clear. Wish I had a proper breaching charge and some grenades

Auron, team C.

Place the barrel of my rifle against the door and begin lasering my way through.
Simply cutting the lock bolts and sliding the door open is also acceptable.

Once on the bridge, stuff the most important looking crewmember in my woefully empty loot sack.

Attempting to cut into the door with a laser rifle produces one notable effect: It don't work worth a damn. You cut maybe an inch into the thing with a good bit of concentrated fire. It could probably work, given an hour or two, but this is not exactly efficient.

TEAM E

Team E

Hover down the path behind my teammate a good distance behind him using buzz mode. Keep a keen eye out for any traps and be ready to disable any that activate as fast as possible. Be ready with a flashbang when we get near the door, incase it opens, and prepare to duck in cover if someone opens it.

Team E - Lerman

We will remember Private Corpse's sacrifice forever. Progress down the path, but be careful not to set off any surviving plates.

Yeah so that hall is all nice and deactivated. No Resident evil laser hallway for you. But there's a locked door there at the end of it. And someone needs to open it.

TEAM F

Team F

"IGNORE HIM! Just get away from the consoles and I won't have to hurt you. Okay? Unless you want to join us of course."

Talk to the Bridge crew.

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Grate sighs at Lars.
"It's really okay if you don't prove me right. Now put me down."

Examine the consoles. Try to figure out how to do anything I can figure out how to do. Ideally, everything the ship can do.
Brother Lars: Team F Chaplain

"It's really okay if you don't prove me right. Now put me down."

Lars laughs at this.  "Oh young Brother Grate, have you not learned?  Putting our faith in Steve has not yet lead us astray.  Brothers Jack and Dominika, could you please cover these folks?"

He then knelt, raising his arms.  "O Glorious Steve, please give us your commands so that we may claim this ship to greater glorify your name!"

Puppet Dominika to cover the civvies.  Ask Steve on how to interface with the consoles.  Do whatever he says.  Failing specific instructions, attempt to connect the suit with a console to allow Steve direct access.

Yeah they open fire on you using their side arms because you're all to busy either attempting to talk to them or just running straight for the consoles.

Dominika proceeds to warm them slightly while everyone else gets shot at.

Lars runs for cover, using grate as a shield, but both of them manage to get back out of the room without being hurt. Lucky for them, the crew aren't very good shots.  Jack dives for cover behind a control panel and also manages not to get shot. A few of the controls do, however, sustain injuries.

TEAM G

Team G

Get ready for any possible incoming attack, going BT as soon as I detect one. Say to the people in the room:

We came here to take this ship and if you want to live, surrender now. Death awaits any who tries to attack us.

If they don't surrender, disable them all non-lethally, killing the dangerous ones.

Talk in private to my team: Does anyone have diplomatic skills? It would be good if you said it now.

Well.. your ultimatum seems to have frightened them into compliance for now. Understandable.

TEAM H
Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

"..."
Test each command on individual Sods, just in case. If/When a code doesn't work, execute the appropriate hostage. With a single baton, and the head should be left intact. If one of them changes their minds and is willing to cooperate, don't kill them yet. Get yet another code for 'transfer control' and test it for validity on a single Sod, again. If it doesn't work again, cut off a hand and leave them to bleed to death. If all of the hostages are executed this turn, cut off their heads for later interrogation.

Additionally, take a closer look at the Sod command center the hostages were using, and have the support Sod examine it as well and tell me what it thinks the stuff is for. What else can be done here?

Finally, how many Sod teams are left on the ship, counting the one that may be sabotaging the ship at the moment?

To Team AD:
"Hey, you know those hostages I had? They're dead. Lying, suicidal, fanatical little... anyway. I've got nothing for you guys, sorry. Good luck. My guys probably won't be there in time to help you."

So you end up executing everyone, namely because none of the codes work. Nothing does anything, actually. It seems that the controls are no longer effecting any of the sods, if there are any living sods on the ship. Your sod tells you that the other sods might have "Turned off control machines" whatever that means.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 29, 2014, 12:13:56 pm »

Team B

Do you want to kill them or not?

To Simus: Warn us when you release the vacuum.

Growlhiss menacingly at the workers. If they attack/resist, shred the resisting ones with my talons and jaws.
Regardless, expend Will bonus on making myself capable of resisting yet short term effects of vacuum for a few minutes.
Grab onto something when the vacuum thing happens in case Simus fucks up and the doors stay open forever.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:30:04 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 29, 2014, 12:18:38 pm »

Lars shouts over the gunfire.  "Fools!  We must now show them the true glory of Steve!  Sing your songs of Ingram!"

Start taking them down with the Gauss rifle.  Sing hymns while doing so.  Also slap Dominika into being useful.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1359 on: April 29, 2014, 12:35:25 pm »

Team A

"Thank you. I promise on my honour no harm shall come to you as long as you cooperate. We want to do this as peacefully as possible." said Flint to the surrendered crew.

Check the room to make sure it's clear and doesn't have any hidden turrets or weapon toting maniacs (that aren't part of the ARM).
If all's clear, liberally strip the crew, restrain them and gag em. Look for anything useful on them, like keycards or weapons.
If they are too many to process, just round 'em up somewhere out of the way and confiscate their helmets and other communication equipment as well as any weapons, keycards and anything else of interest.
Ask Steve if he knows about anything else I should keep an eye out for regarding the bridge and its crew.

"Somebody want to help me with this?"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:47:28 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 29, 2014, 01:49:32 pm »

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Lars shouts over the gunfire.  "Fools!  We must now show them the true glory of Steve!  Sing your songs of Ingram!"

Start taking them down with the Gauss rifle.  Sing hymns while doing so.  Also slap Dominika into being useful.
Sigh at Lars.
Shoot at the civilians. If possible, aim to incapacitate rather than to kill.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 29, 2014, 01:51:22 pm »

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Bridge

"Steve. What's next?"

Help Flint restrain the bridge people. Afterwards, ask Steve what's next and, if that's the next step, use the cables brought along to connect to the bridge's stuff and let Steve take control.

Check if there are any screens showing camera feeds and see if the ship's sods are anywhere to be seen.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 29, 2014, 01:53:24 pm »

Team F
Shoot the crewman with my bolt action rifle.

"FUCK YOU!"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 29, 2014, 02:05:37 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

Alright Steve, we have the bridge. Anywhere in particular you'd like to get plugged in?

Start examining consoles and ports on the bridge. If Steve directs me to a port, head over and plug my suit into it.

Otherwise, prepare a dynamic bonus to use on the consoles next turn.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 29, 2014, 02:08:03 pm »

Team G

Is this the control room? If not, where is it?

Wait for the answer.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 109