Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282158 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #3900 on: January 11, 2018, 09:30:14 pm »

I was going to mumble comments about having a bonus to healing instead, for Valks that don't spec into magic, but then I double-checked the base healing from staves.

So yeah. Resurrection looks good to me. A guaranteed critical ain't bad but Triangle Attack is kinda bland and pretty much only going to be used on the boss of a map. Plus Resurrection is useful for less offensive-orientated Valkyries as well, such as those that promoted from Troubadour and so on. Thumbs up all around.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3901 on: January 12, 2018, 12:58:52 am »

Is there a handy online editor, or generator, for FE portrait?
Awesome With Autism

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: January 12, 2018, 10:09:24 am »

You need to be careful with that though. It messes up shading because of how it handles things.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: January 12, 2018, 10:14:32 am »

Oh right I should weigh in on this. Seems good but I want to ask if it would be too powerful with Recover/Rejuvenate, etc, even only for healing it could be quite strong to have someone at full HP immediately after getting downed.

I can't check right now but I think Nomad Healers have some variation of this as well? But for staves maybe it should take 2 uses of a heal staff to heal for full with Resurrection.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: January 12, 2018, 10:20:13 am »

Nomad Healers do get a variation of this. Expert Healers makes it so that medicine affects downed allies for the full amount while staffs lose 2 quality for the same effect. Given that Nomad Healers are focused around making and using medicine, I don't think it matters too much? But if people think that the two abilities are too similar, then maybe drop the staff effect for Nomad Healers (and perhaps grant them a bonus to using medicine). If Expert Healer only worked for medicines and Resurrect only worked for staffs (with or without the extra quality loss) then I think that'd be fine. Just my 2 cents though.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: January 12, 2018, 10:22:01 am »

If it's the only class feature they get, I don't think unhalved healing is too powerful. Those high end staves barely see use due to low HP numbers compared to dedicated healer stats, so giving them an actual use (full hp from down) would be a good thing. Plus those stronger staves already have low ql. Making it cost double ql would just disincentivize use of high level healing staves.

Though now that I think about it, it could create problems with fortify, the aoe heal staff. Maybe change that to only target allies who are up? Even without Resurrection, that staff probably shouldn't behave like Mercy's old ultimate.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: January 12, 2018, 10:37:13 am »

Maybe only apply Resurrection when healing only one ally. Iirc there's also another aoe heal with range 1.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: January 12, 2018, 10:54:38 am »

Fortify is the only one I can think of but I'd accept that change to the skill.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: January 12, 2018, 10:58:54 am »

Fortify is S. Valks only get A rank staffs without discipline so it's a niche case at best. And it is the only one that can heal more than one person at a time.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: January 12, 2018, 11:02:42 am »

It is? Huh. For some reason I thought it was A rank. Oh well, problem solved. That being the case I don't think we need a 'no multi heal' clause. Admittedly it could then be achieved through Discipline but if someone wants to build around that for a particular S rank item I wouldn't want to squash that.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Awesome With Autism

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: January 12, 2018, 09:10:30 pm »

It is? Huh. For some reason I thought it was A rank. Oh well, problem solved. That being the case I don't think we need a 'no multi heal' clause. Admittedly it could then be achieved through Discipline but if someone wants to build around that for a particular S rank item I wouldn't want to squash that.

This. +1

@roseheart: Sadly, I don't think so. I've never heard of one anyway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: January 12, 2018, 10:26:36 pm »

If you don't mind someone building it for you, Shogus did my character Sprite for call of Kovitz.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: January 15, 2018, 02:50:30 pm »

So I've been working for a few days on a FEF calculator and here it is!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wevjg5d2yafbqo/CALCULATOR.rar?dl=0

It saves character and weapon sheets for later use and gives out formatted results with rolled hit and crit. It doesn't do effective damage or other bonuses and skills yet, but that's on the list of things to add. For now, this should work as a basic calculator for FEF battles.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 300