Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087308 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3975 on: March 14, 2016, 09:01:45 pm »

For those using it who are aware of the risks associated with it being a pre-release version, there's a couple things that check for the actual pre-release-warning.lua to be there, and I couldn't find them immediately. So, partially due to my laziness meaning just removing it is a hassle, I knew you could just delete the text in it and save it as a blank file to stop the warning pop-ups.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: March 15, 2016, 07:16:07 pm »

Now that dwarfs socialize as a job instead of going on break, can someone make the "Idlers" count useful in 42?

That's doable.
What about the difference between the need (when its purple) and just when they're idleing?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: March 16, 2016, 01:56:19 am »

Now that dwarfs socialize as a job instead of going on break, can someone make the "Idlers" count useful in 42?

That's doable.
What about the difference between the need (when its purple) and just when they're idleing?

I don't understand this sentence.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: March 16, 2016, 01:57:43 am »

"Worship" vs "Worship!"

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: March 16, 2016, 02:15:35 am »

That's obviously what I meant by making idle count useful.

As far as idles is concerned:

1) A purple personal job is the same as being "on break" in the past. It IS NOT idle and will not take new jobs until it finishes its personal business. This works fine.

2) A green personal job is just the dwarf letting off steam while waiting on a job, it IS an idle dwarf but not counted as one. This is wrong.

Since every dwarf will attempt to take a green personal job when idle, the idle count ends up being nearly 0 even in a fort with hundreds of dwarfs doing nothing.. this makes the count useless. Useful would be if green personal jobs were added to the idle count. :D

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: March 16, 2016, 02:33:03 pm »

Does anyone know if you can put pretty pictures in the in-game gui, or is it limited to just text and simple shapes?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: March 16, 2016, 02:44:29 pm »

https://gist.github.com/Rumrusher/0d3ab09089e609e61a43
okay so touch up on a old script that use to pull a bunch of preselected civ to now randomly pull a Civ and each time you use it adds more civs to the pool.
so players can finally play a hamlet, or a town, or cave swallow men or ant men and a bunch of random civ sites that you usually would have to mod into dwarf fortress.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: March 16, 2016, 03:03:49 pm »

Does anyone know if you can put pretty pictures in the in-game gui, or is it limited to just text and simple shapes?
Are you just talking about the simple shapes you can build with text or special characters? I'm not aware of anything else you can do, really.

There is a way to draw more complicated stuff on the screen, like the Stonesense overlay does, but it's really complicated and varies depending on the print mode (I don't think anyone's managed to do it in OpenGL print modes yet, which a lot of people use).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: March 16, 2016, 03:26:13 pm »

Are you just talking about the simple shapes you can build with text or special characters? I'm not aware of anything else you can do, really.

There is a way to draw more complicated stuff on the screen, like the Stonesense overlay does, but it's really complicated and varies depending on the print mode (I don't think anyone's managed to do it in OpenGL print modes yet, which a lot of people use).

Yeah, the simple shapes you can make with text and special characters is the fanciest I know of. Was just wondering you could maybe import graphics. Thought maybe that since you can give units graphics you might be able to input something. But not worth it for my project if its Stonesense level complicated.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: March 16, 2016, 03:39:34 pm »

There are few ways to do it. Depends on what you want.
  • Opengl: just use opengl calls in right places
  • Sdl: same thing just sdl
  • Cheat: mah favorite
I might find the code for the third one. It's limited but i really liked it.
Basic idea is this: when we have graphics (might be that you could do it with graphics off even...) we put image in some unused unit graphics. Then we just draw those parts.
Edit: also mifki uses offset for code that loads textures into memory so you could have it work without graphics and without hacking any unit graphics...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:46:41 pm by Warmist »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: March 16, 2016, 03:52:27 pm »

Putnam did something similar to that to create black-and-white buttons for a mod.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: March 16, 2016, 04:06:16 pm »

Here is an example

How to do it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:08:07 pm by Warmist »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: March 16, 2016, 04:15:30 pm »

You mean to say I could have built a fortress of cocks this entire time?
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: March 16, 2016, 05:05:44 pm »

Putnam did something similar to that to create black-and-white buttons for a mod.

I have full color images in the SCP mod.

Gorobay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: March 16, 2016, 10:00:55 pm »

How can a script get the path to itself? The following seems to work but I would rather not use the internal API if there’s another way.
Code: [Select]
local function get_path_hither()
  for path, script in pairs(dfhack.internal.scripts) do
    if script.env.dfhack_flags == dfhack_flags then
      return path
    end
  end
end
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 360