Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965196 times)

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #1605 on: September 09, 2015, 12:23:28 am »

My 40k lore isn't up to date but last I checked, the entire galaxy was doomed because of like, ten different reasons.

Abaddon finally getting his forces ready for the first ACTUAL black crusade, a massive hivefleet bigger than the Imperium's entire military several times over on a direct course to Earth, necrons awakening at a increasing speed and the Golden Throne shutting down faster and faster. I know there's more, but is this right?
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: September 09, 2015, 12:26:38 am »

Yep.

There's also Ghazkull Mag Uruk Thraka (a Margaret Thatcher expy, believe it or not - sound it out slowly) uniting all the Orks in the galaxy, and might be hints of the Primarchs starting to come back.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1607 on: September 09, 2015, 08:05:30 am »

in the grimdorkness of far future...
Well, it's not like the Galaxy itself is doomed, it's more like that every faction that exists has a chance to win now (which in many results in everything else dying horribly, but eh). Emperor gets reborn (or their fix his Golden Toilet), Failbaddon succeedes at not failing (the Chaos actually has more paths to take, like that sweet Nurgle Zombie plague), Necrons get their shit together and use those cheesy star-killing weapons of theirs, Tyranids speed up and hit the Galaxy like another galaxy but with even more hate, Tau proably just need to not attract a lot of attention for now to quickly become the most advanced faction, the Mechanicus could just find the damn complete STC finally, Margaret Thatcher hooks up with Yarrick finally does a Waaagh through the Galaxy or maybe it will be Wazdakka Gutsmek (Aporkalypse now) steamrolling through everything, Eldar finally manage to create Ynnead...
And the list goes on, and on, and on...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: September 09, 2015, 08:17:17 am »

Don't forget the Tau are working on ways to have star killer weapons too. :ppp

And Chaos could open up another hole in the fabric of reality.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:45:20 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: September 09, 2015, 09:44:09 am »

Don't forget the Tau are working on essays to have star killer weapons too. :ppp

And Chaos could open up another hole in the fabric of reality.

There are honestly so many holes in the fabric of 40k reality.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1610 on: September 09, 2015, 09:52:33 am »

GENERATING BUTTHOLE OF THE GALAXY 78%...
The Emperor may kinda stop them from doing so (or at least doing so close to Terra), for now.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: September 09, 2015, 10:08:17 am »

Kinda, if Warhammer ever gets a resolution or it's plot moves forwards anyhow, most likely it will end bad for everyone but maybe the nids and/or necrons or chaos. However it plot armour saves the human race most likely will be the Emperor coming again now with renewed fury and strength, multiplied exponentially and destroying all enemies of mankind with the blink of an eye (remember that at his birth it was the collective souls of thousands of chamans on Earth, imagine how powerful could be with the collected souls of bazillions psykers around the galaxy, or at least that's one theory).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 10:12:13 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: September 09, 2015, 10:19:44 am »

Kinda, if Warhammer ever gets a resolution or it's plot moves forwards anyhow, most likely it will end bad for everyone but maybe the nids and/or necrons or chaos. However it plot armour saves the human race most likely will be the Emperor coming again now with renewed fury and strength, multiplied exponentially and destroying all enemies of mankind with the blink of an eye (remember that at his birth it was the collective souls of thousands of chamans on Earth, imagine how powerful could be with the collected souls of bazillions psykers around the galaxy, or at least that's one theory).

All the retcon-ing seems to indicate that things will just be more intensely stalemated. Chaos' ranks swelling and on the offensive. Newtm Necrons awakening with their nigh-invicibility. Orks being overly orky. Tau being technologically fucking awesome. 'Nids about to full on invade. The Emprah about to be reborn in a glorious maelstrom of golden light and most likely the destruction of Terra. Eldar... uh, just kind of existing. Dark eldar... also just kind of chilling. Seriously fuck the Eldar, fuck those guys.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: September 09, 2015, 10:26:13 am »

It'll never happen.

GW knows that the only thing that makes them seroius money is warhammer 40k. An even then their kinda limited in everything else because their followings aren't as great. If they finished the plot then I imagine people will slowly get bored and move on to other games which could break the company completely. IMO.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: September 09, 2015, 10:29:01 am »

It'll never happen.

GW knows that the only thing that makes them seroius money is warhammer 40k. An even then their kinda limited in everything else because their followings aren't as great. If they finished the plot then I imagine people will slowly get bored and move on to other games which could break the company completely. IMO.

Agreed. Though frankly, they're much like the imperium itself. If they're not willing to take some risks, including investing in advertising, more global campaign, and leasing out the IP, they're doomed anyways.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: September 09, 2015, 10:31:28 am »

'It will never happen' was what people were saying about Warhammer Fantasy moving forward, too, and look what happened. That said, the fan reaction to said happening hasn't been too encouraging, so I doubt they'd ever risk it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: September 09, 2015, 10:36:19 am »

'It will never happen' was what people were saying about Warhammer Fantasy moving forward, too, and look what happened. That said, the fan reaction to said happening hasn't been too encouraging, so I doubt they'd ever risk it.

Again, I think that it's much less about really advancing the story and more about reestablishing interest in 40k and wargaming in general. Leasing the IP to SEGA and CA was a good start, but they need to invest in marketing/advertising/PR campaigns, as well as go back to letting players influence the lore through holding the global campaigns of yore.

EDIT: I will admit however, that the moves they're making are more about milking the product rather than trying to bring it back to life.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: September 09, 2015, 10:38:19 am »

It'd be kinda nice of them to drop the prices back to halfway sane levels too.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1618 on: September 09, 2015, 01:06:16 pm »

Mmmmm...I might disagree. Space Marine Scout versus Sister of Battle, Sister of Battle wins most engagements, I'd argue. They don't have genehancement, but they do have righteousness, faith in the Emperor, and purity of cause. And when Living Saints are a thing, that means something. Sister of Battle versus Space Marine one on one, Space Marine most of the time, sure. But still. Sisters of Battle tend to be more numerous than Space Marines, if I understand right. Don't need all that 'one in a thousand' or whatever chances of being able to actually take the gene-seed, after all.

I very much like the Sisters, and am sad that their lore has been so brutally mauled recently, it seems. Half the reason I like the idea of a Chapter that works alongside them all the time.
If we're going quantity than Chekhov conscripts ad infinitum > all space marines combined

Yep.

There's also Ghazkull Mag Uruk Thraka (a Margaret Thatcher expy, believe it or not - sound it out slowly) uniting all the Orks in the galaxy, and might be hints of the Primarchs starting to come back.
Space malvinas? Ghazkull's a woman?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: September 09, 2015, 01:42:45 pm »

Yeah, actually advancing the plot wouldn't really be a good thing to happen because it'd just lead to yet another 'GW sucks ass at writing endings' kerfuffle like with fantasy's End Times.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 824