Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965285 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #1950 on: November 03, 2015, 06:51:57 pm »

What I'd like to do at some point is make some Inquisitional philosophies. I really like the ones that are out there (Polypsykana best girl).

Yeah. The deeper you dig into the Inquisition the more it starts to seem like a heretical organization all of its own, what with the many beliefs held by the various cabals, sub-ordos and philosophies and the unlimited authority to act on those beliefs. There's been a couple of stories where the threat of heresy leads back eventually to the interior of the Inquisition, fostered by establishment Inquisitors who genuinely believed they were working for the betterment of the Imperium. I find the Inquisition a really entertaining microcosm of the shittiness of 40k Imperial politics and religion, all on its own.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: November 03, 2015, 07:53:03 pm »

What I'd like to do at some point is make some Inquisitional philosophies. I really like the ones that are out there (Polypsykana best girl).

Yeah. The deeper you dig into the Inquisition the more it starts to seem like a heretical organization all of its own, what with the many beliefs held by the various cabals, sub-ordos and philosophies and the unlimited authority to act on those beliefs. There's been a couple of stories where the threat of heresy leads back eventually to the interior of the Inquisition, fostered by establishment Inquisitors who genuinely believed they were working for the betterment of the Imperium. I find the Inquisition a really entertaining microcosm of the shittiness of 40k Imperial politics and religion, all on its own.
This, this is why no one likes the inquisition! Not even a lot of space marines from what I've seen.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: November 03, 2015, 08:48:16 pm »

Ok, please tell me I am not the only one that would play http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Dragons.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1953 on: November 04, 2015, 09:32:14 am »

You're not the only one, Black Dragons are pretty popular because they're edgy and misunderstood. Pretty cool anyway tho I would take Celestial Lions (black-white colour scheme is boring, SWAGGOLD-SWAGBLUE is cool) over them any day of the day.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: November 04, 2015, 10:28:18 am »

Sons of Malice are the only Disorder Vacuum Seamen that matter, and the thousand sons are the most fabulous.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: November 04, 2015, 12:05:35 pm »

Ehh. There's been a lot of new Ahriman books out recently.
I've been staring at them with that sideways indecisive stare commonly used by fanfic writers and custom chapter players.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: November 04, 2015, 12:10:01 pm »

I've read two or three of the Ahriman Exile books by now. They're....ok. Imagine stories where everyone suspects or mistrust Ahriman but still goes along with his plans because
he's Ahriman. A lot of lives get thrown away pursuing his dreams of restoring the Thousand Sons.

They're written by John French, who is a pretty decent 40k contributor although not the best. There's a lot of space given over to Ahriman weaving the power of the warp, reading the skeins of time, blah blah blah. Some of it works, some of it is pure magic gibberish.

I dunno. For some reason I enjoyed the Ahriman from the Horus Heresy novels more, and have a hard time believing they are the same character in both books. But that's a pretty common problem for me when it comes to characters that have been handled by different BL authors at different times.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:30:42 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: November 04, 2015, 01:36:04 pm »

Ahriman did nothing wrong.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: November 04, 2015, 01:50:13 pm »

I think I've got a concept forming. Do you all think Inquisitors who go Full Omnissiah would be considered Puritan or Radical? The Adaptus Mechanicus is long accepted in the Imperial system, but then again there are always still those Ecclesiarchs who low-key accuse them of heresy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: November 04, 2015, 02:36:36 pm »

I think I've got a concept forming. Do you all think Inquisitors who go Full Omnissiah would be considered Puritan or Radical? The Adaptus Mechanicus is long accepted in the Imperial system, but then again there are always still those Ecclesiarchs who low-key accuse them of heresy.

Generally the Inquisition would assassinate any of their members who grow to close to the Mechanicus for fear that they'll leak Inquisitorial secrets, and the Mechanicus is distrusting of Inquisitors anyway because the Inquisition tries to spy on them a lot and they resent it, so most Inquisitors who tried to switch sides would be killed by the tech-priests anyway.

The only faction of Inquisitors I know of who are closely tied to the Ad-Mech are the Phaenonites, who have close ties to some members of the Dark Mechanicus and sympathetic members of the Orthodox Mechanicus.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 04, 2015, 02:57:53 pm »

Going as far as KILLING AN INQUISITOR? Are not they officially considered something like will of the emperor manifestation, with all the
stuff like inquisitorial sigil giving exterminatus right.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 04, 2015, 03:01:43 pm »

Them having authority second to the emperor doesn't stop a bolt-round to the back of the head.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 04, 2015, 03:02:25 pm »

Going as far as KILLING AN INQUISITOR? Are not they officially considered something like will of the emperor manifestation, with all the
Yah, but such actions against the mechanicum could quite literally drive the imperium to a halt as forge worlds stop working, weapons are not produced, and soon enough xenoscum destroy everything dear to us.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 04, 2015, 03:06:33 pm »

Besides, all kind of accidents can happen, ships get lost in the warp, people slip into acid vats and leave no trace....
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 04, 2015, 04:36:41 pm »

Every faction kills Inquisitors when they think they can get away with it and are more scared of being arrested for what they had already done than the added punishments of killing the Inquisitor, even the Ecclesiarchy. Inquisitors investigating the Mechanicus or Astartes often vanish mysteriously.

Hell, the Sons of Malice chapter actually ate an Inquisitor alive for interrupting their chapter rites with an army of Sororitas. They got excommunicated for it because enough people knew what happened that word got back to the rest of the Inquisition, but a lot of Inquisitors die with no one being certain who actually did it.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 824