Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965317 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2640 on: January 20, 2016, 05:26:35 am »

So emperor could punch a whole metallic dragon god to half death and lock him down on Mars?

Yep. Did it before space travel was a thing as well. It's implied he defeated it sometime in the Middle Ages using a lance and his psychic prowess.

How he got it to Mars and locked it in a non-euclidean vault is another matter entirely and I have no idea how he managed that.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: January 20, 2016, 06:45:45 am »

Well, he IS the emperor, he probably could have just teleported it there, crafted the vault with his mind and locked it there. The emperor did have some pretty snazzy powers at his command when he was at his prime, he's been depicted doing this such as stopping time and having immense precognition powers before, but people often think less of it due to him being beat up by Horus.
The whole reason he got manhandled by horus was that he was holding back till the very last moment, and the fact horus was actively empowered and protected by the combined might of the four chaos gods. So it was effectively Horus + All of chaos VS Emprah by himself, with the worst possible outcome.

The Emperor is more or less a daemon prince in a sense (heresy I know). He's insanely psychic, can alter his appearance at will, and lives forever. If he's like the shamans that created him, he could reincarnate and come back from the Warp. He's a being of the Immaterium, rooted and tethered to the Material world.

Plus the thousands of psykers daily for ten thousand years part.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Pretty much this. In the 40k universe, only very few things can be called "beings of the materium" in the truest sense of the expression. Only stuff like the necrons, the c'tan and people with the pariah gene have no warp presence. Pretty much every living being has some sort of presence in the warp, and the emprah has been established as being more of the warp than of the materium since his birth, as he had such a massive presence in the warp he could actively protect imperium through the webway by essentialy making it part of himself, and his half-dead soul-shattered self is still actively arm wrestling the entirety of chaos away from the solar system and beyond.

Hell, even the primarchs are described as essentialy being partly warp beings, essentialy the emperor's own daemon princes. This explains some of the weird powers some of them are described to have, like, Leman Russ changing size as he goes into battle, Magnus changing his appearance to appear less threatening at the council of nikea, Sanguinius being space jesus and connected to every blood angel, etc.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: January 20, 2016, 06:58:48 am »

I never actually knew about their size-changing powers. It clears up a lot, because if the Emprah was taller than even the primarchs, He'd have had a hard time leading humanity from the sidelines being a nine-foot tall giant.

"Hey, the new president's nine feet tall!"

"Wasn't there a nine foot tall king back in the middle ages?"

"And that philanthropist billionaire inventor who cured cancer is nine feet tall too."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: January 20, 2016, 07:11:21 am »

The bit about changing size is from a novel, I think, though I dont remember which. Its not really an overtly obvious thing it seems, its just a bit about some space wolves noticing leman russ would suddenly appear a lot bigger and more threatening as his rage increased. Magnus is probably the only primarch that had any real control over these abilities. Alpharius also apparently always appeared smaller and weaker then his brothers, to the point it was impossible to tell him apart from a regular alpha legion marine.

But ye, emprah was a master of disguise. If he wanted, he could prob appear as non threatening bald japanese man that can somehow punch things out of existence.

Wait
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: January 20, 2016, 08:05:29 am »

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:50:13 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2645 on: January 20, 2016, 09:28:40 am »

*BLAM*
You can thank me later.
But ye, emprah was a master of disguise. If he wanted, he could prob appear as non threatening bald japanese man that can somehow punch things out of existence.
As I said, Emperor mentioned being a woman at times, and I don't mean just disguise, he literally changes himself into someone else. He could be anyone you meet on the street. He could be Hitler, for as much as we know (I actually had a theory back then, with some clues).
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: January 20, 2016, 09:41:55 am »

Well, if He was Hitler, He certainly retained a fondness for genocide, eagles, Roman motifs and secret police everywhere.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: January 20, 2016, 09:44:11 am »

I have thought that too, maybe along history he probed different approach into coaching mankind, some more dick-head-fucktarded than others.

As for being a woman... I don't know, are you sure of it? I always have believed he didn't really changed his form but instead projected whatever image he wanted inside everyone else's minds. Kind of like those filthy xenos "holofields".
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:45:42 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: January 20, 2016, 09:44:46 am »

Lordbaal, please put that giant image behind a spoiler if you can. Thanks.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2649 on: January 20, 2016, 09:48:16 am »

I have thought that too, maybe along history he probed different approach into coaching mankind, some more dick-head-fucktarded than others.

As for being a woman... I don't know, are you sure of it? I always have believed he didn't really changed his form but instead projected whatever image he wanted inside everyone else. Kind of like those filthy xenos "holofields".
I don't really have the source right now but he apparently had secks in that form so it would get a bit... alarming if it was really just a penis disguised to look as a vagina.
Yeah, don't think of him as a huge manly motherfucker, because while he certainly is one, he also symbolizes every other human ever, women included.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: January 20, 2016, 09:54:41 am »

Lordbaal, please put that giant image behind a spoiler if you can. Thanks.
Made it a lot smaller. It didn't look so huge on my monitor, sorry.

As for being a woman... I don't know, are you sure of it? I always have believed he didn't really changed his form but instead projected whatever image he wanted inside everyone else. Kind of like those filthy xenos "holofields".
I don't really have the source right now but he apparently had secks in that form so it would get a bit... alarming if it was really just a penis disguised to look as a vagina.
secks?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2651 on: January 20, 2016, 09:56:52 am »

You know, bees and flowers... I suppose you should learn about that from your parents, not random creepy weirdos on internet.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: January 20, 2016, 09:57:16 am »

That's much better, thank you kindly.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: January 20, 2016, 11:07:23 am »

Yeah, don't think of him as a huge manly motherfucker, because while he certainly is one, he also symbolizes every other human ever, women included.

Considering he's a composite soul made of hundreds, maybe thousands of ancient Terran psykers and has the memories of each it's quite possible a not insignificant portion of his soul and memories come from women. They're normally just referred to as Shaman after all and that doesn't say anything about them being male or female, so common sense means he's probably at least 50% female soul. Maybe higher given the way humans often split spiritual duties along gender divides.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2654 on: January 20, 2016, 11:36:56 am »

And yet he still decided that there should be no female Space Marines because Malcador is stupid and women can't participate in dick measuring contests.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 824