Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971794 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2700 on: January 20, 2016, 07:17:34 pm »

Maybe not, but Magnus still best waifu

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: January 21, 2016, 05:14:25 am »

Can chainswords become power weapons? Or even force weapons?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: January 21, 2016, 07:01:01 am »

There's this thing if you don't mind a little lack of polish:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142620.0

Haven't played it in a while so I'm not sure how far it got in development.
Thank you dude.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: January 21, 2016, 07:11:31 am »

Chapter master of carcharadons has something like two chainswords surrounded by powerfield under each power fist of his terminator suit, if i dont mistake.
In theory, power weapons are just weapons with powerfield generator for getting through armour with ease.
So you can have power  chainelectromop with underslung volkite weapon for ultimate cleansing or power BANEBLADE for riding through enemy fortresses.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: January 21, 2016, 10:28:12 am »

There are some power chainweapons in the fluff, but they tend to be rare and unusual. The most common I know of is the Zaythan Warblade from the Rogue Trader RPG. It's a two handed chainsword with a power field.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: January 21, 2016, 01:56:34 pm »

Chapter master of carcharadons has something like two chainswords surrounded by powerfield under each power fist of his terminator suit, if i dont mistake.
Isn't that a chainfist?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: January 21, 2016, 02:21:18 pm »

Isn't that a chainfist?

Ow. Mistake. I thought before, that chainfist is fist with each finger being tiny chainsword. Turns out it is power fist with underslung chainsword

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: January 21, 2016, 02:52:43 pm »

Or the sweet-ass chaos ones which go all the way around.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: January 22, 2016, 05:11:18 am »

I got into a discussion with a guy about the rank of Fabricator-General. I'm saying that the rank belongs solely to the leader of the entire Adeptus Mechanicus while he's saying it's a title held by all Forge World rulers. Does anyone know of any sources that lend credence to his claims?

EDIT: Should also mention he says the Fabricator-General of Mars is the leader of the Mechanicus, kinda like how the Bishop of Rome is head of the Catholic church.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:25:04 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: January 22, 2016, 05:22:28 am »

I got into a discussion with a guy about the rank of Fabricator-General. I'm saying that the rank belongs solely to the leader of the entire Adeptus Mechanicus while he's saying it's a title held by all Forge World rulers. Does anyone know of any sources that lend credence to his claims?

All I know is that the Fabricator-Geberal is one of he high lords of Terra
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: January 22, 2016, 06:37:51 am »

Leader of a forgeworld isn't a Master of the Forge?
Wait crap no, that's Space Marines.

Is why I prefer chaos. They're True equal opportunists.
Forge kings are space marines because really, who's gonna run against them? (And win).

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: January 22, 2016, 07:19:55 am »

Fabricator-General is the head of the mechanicum.
It seems Fabricator Locum is the equivalent of a planetary governor.
Fabricator Locum is a position beneath Fabricator-General, kind of a Vice President if you will.

Apparently Forge worlds are under the ruler ship leadership of a high ranking Magos. I will keep looking into this.

Found this:
"En los Mundos Forja del Adeptus Mechanicus, el Gobernador Imperial es solo imperial de nombre. Los Tecnosacerdotes eligen entre sus Magi de mayor rango quién será ascendido a Fabricador General, rango equivalente en el Mechanicus al de Gobernador Planetario. La lealtad del Fabricador General siempre es primero para el Culto Mechanicus y luego para el Imperio, y es notablemente más independiente del Adeptus Terra que otros Gobernadores Planetarios, pues su única obligación para el Imperio es que su mundo entregue los diezmos necesarios en material de guerra y otros artículos manufacturados a su debido tiempo. "

For those not versed in spanish (my native language) it says:
"On the forge worlds of the adeptus mechanicus, the Imperial governor is only Imperial in title. The techpriests choose amongst their ranking magi who will be promoted to the rank of Fabricator-General, the mechanicus equivalent rank to that of planetary governor. The Fabricator-General's loyalty is always to the cult mechanicus first and the Imperium second, and he is notably more independent of the adeptus terra than other planetary governors, his only obligation to the Imperium being that his world delivers the required tithes in war materiel and other manufactured items in due time."

To further clarification, let's see the concept of Fabricator-General
"The Fabricator-General of Mars is the secular political leader of the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Magos Mechanicus or High Priest of the Cult Mechanicus. As the leader of one of the most powerful organisations within the hierarchy of the Imperium of Man, the Fabricator-General maintains a permanent seat on the Imperium's ruling Senatorum Imperialis as one of its reigning High Lords of Terra. "Fabricator-General" is also the title given to the senior Magos who holds sway over an individual Forge World of the Mechanicus by dint of their superior knowledge and insight into their chosen field."

As you see Fabricator-General is the name of the title that any Adeptus Mechanicus leading a forge world gets. It's the effective equivalent of the Imperial planetary governor. However the Fabricator-General of Mars is considered THE Fabricator-General amongst his peers, and the Leader of the Mechanical Cult, so he's the ruler of the Mars Forge World and also the leader of the whole Adeptus Mechanicus.

So your friend wasn't wrong after all it seems.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:19:54 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2712 on: January 22, 2016, 07:39:21 am »

>ruler ship
I hope there's a Mechanicus world ruled by an actual ship

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: January 22, 2016, 08:55:46 am »

>ruler ship

Could actually happen since some Magos are heavily integrated into spacecraft, and there's precedent for immobilised (from integration to machinery) Magi being leaders among the Mechanicus.

EDIT: In tangential news, it turns out using guitar cords to make power cables for conversions is trickier than I expected. They look great, but they're really stiff and hard to get in the right poses. Took about half an hour just to get two cables onto Abaddon's Talon arm.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:22:31 pm by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: January 22, 2016, 12:40:18 pm »

>ruler ship

Could actually happen since some Magos are heavily integrated into spacecraft, and there's precedent for immobilised (from integration to machinery) Magi being leaders among the Mechanicus.

EDIT: In tangential news, it turns out using guitar cords to make power cables for conversions is trickier than I expected. They look great, but they're really stiff and hard to get in the right poses. Took about half an hour just to get two cables onto Abaddon's Talon arm.

Neat! I always just rolled up a tube of Green Stuff Equivalent
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 824