Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971091 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: wait, 40K has religious overtones?! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
« Reply #6615 on: September 18, 2016, 04:37:20 pm »

I don't really want to play Eternal Crusade because it doesn't have Imperial Guardsmen.
Shame.

Same. Lol. I just want a dark-souls-esque game where you play a run-of-the-mill guardsmen who resurrects for some reason, or even better literally thousands of guardsmen. Regardless, the main mechanic is dying. Wouldn't it be great? Every level would give you AARs with statistics on how many guardsmen died and were wounded, etc. etc. to each objective. You'd get upgrades, lose upgrades, run out of supplies, die, lose the war, get executed. etc.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6616 on: September 18, 2016, 04:53:52 pm »

Fuck, I'd even play Guardsman if everyone were an incredibly OP super-soldier Greenskin Eldar Chaos Space Marine from Genestealer Cult, just for the sheer fuck-you of putting an sabre through the CSM gut as a regular human.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: September 18, 2016, 04:54:44 pm »

Fuck, I'd even play Guardsman if everyone were an incredibly OP super-soldier Greenskin Eldar Chaos Space Marine from Genestealer Cult, just for the sheer fuck-you of putting an sabre through the CSM gut as a regular human.
This is the main reason Imperial Guard are my favorite tabletop faction (as in, if I had the money for 40k I'd play them). This right here.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: September 18, 2016, 05:20:20 pm »

This is the main reason Imperial Guard are my favorite tabletop faction (as in, if I had the money for 40k I'd play them). This right here.
I took a special joy in playing Imperial Guard in Dawn of War: Soultstorm.
I am the governor of this planet.  I don't respect your authority, zealot-marines.  We will purge the heretics and the xenos.  And if necessary, we will purge you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: September 18, 2016, 06:56:32 pm »

I took a special joy in playing Imperial Guard in Dawn of War: Soultstorm.
I am the governor of this planet.  I don't respect your authority, zealot-marines.  We will purge the heretics and the xenos.  And if necessary, we will purge you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm a Tau-nerd and even I think the Imperial Guard are fuckin' awesome. Especially in Soulstorm. Fuck you, SoB-I bow to noone but the god-emperor.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: September 18, 2016, 07:22:46 pm »

That's why I play Guard. Because they're just humans, fighting the fight for eternity
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: September 19, 2016, 12:10:44 am »

There's actually a scene of soulstones forming in one of the bl novels. In that instance they form from the suffering of Eldar souls bound by Slaanesh to eternally relive the Fall, in the form of crystal tears.
You say that as if it isn't more fun to imagine that the Eldar are literally shoving their souls into pieces of crap.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: September 19, 2016, 01:00:47 am »

How do you kill a power-armoured Ogryn?
Multi-melta. The answer to "How do you kill X in 40k" is always: multi-melta.
Given that Melta is only S8 and Ogryns have three wounds...
Spoiler: You would be wrong (click to show/hide)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6624 on: September 19, 2016, 12:39:46 pm »

One of my fondest tabletop experiences was deep striking a Necron monolith right on top of a guardsman convoy, destroying its lemon russ, heavy support squadrons, flaying through enough guardsman to make the survivors flee - all but one lone guardsman with a melta gun. The only unit capable of firing.

Guardsman blew up my monolith

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6625 on: September 19, 2016, 12:42:59 pm »

What regiment they were? I need it... for scientific purposes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6626 on: September 19, 2016, 01:09:24 pm »

What regiment they were? I need it... for scientific purposes.
The Only Light Brigade of the Emperor's 314th Honourable Regiment, using Cadian guardsmen

Amongst the hero Melta guardsman was the guardsman simply known as 'Blood Guy.'

He was a medic, 'Blood Guy,' who became nigh-legendary when his command squad was attacked by the C'Tan Nighbringer. Veterans all around him, officers and commissars with the oldest and most powerful of wargear all around him, all were effortlessly killed by this resurgent god of death. Despite Blood Guy's best efforts, he simply couldn't fix total bisection. Eventually Blood Guy was the last man standing - he passed his morale test, deciding that he was more than happy to fight a god in close quarters combat armed with nothing but lots of blood packs. Second round of CQC, the god of war is unharmed, but so is blood guy. Third round of CQC, the god of war is unharmed, but so is blood guy. This goes on and on until at last on the fourth bout, blood guy gets downed. A shadowsword takes notice of this heroism and promptly unleashes all of its titan-killing glory upon the C'Tan, until the C'Tan explodes. The shadowsword then gets covered in scarabs, at which point the shadowsword explodes and destroys the scarabs.
From then on it became a recurring theme, that whenever the C'Tan and Blood Guy were on the same board, they had to fight to the death. I like to imagine Blood Guy staring down death, and laughing, because death forgot to bring his own blood pack

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6627 on: September 19, 2016, 01:20:25 pm »

*whispers* For the Emperor!
BLOOD-PACKS FOR THE EMPEROR!
*MANIACAL LAUGHTER*

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: September 19, 2016, 01:48:56 pm »

How do you kill a power-armoured Ogryn?
Given that Melta is only S8 and Ogryns have three wounds...
Spoiler: You would be wrong (click to show/hide)

2nd Ed rules, Multi-meltas do 2d12 wounds.

And that's the only edition the Emperor approves of.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: September 19, 2016, 02:07:12 pm »

Pretty sure that's also the edition where standard guardsmen could take a one shot vortex grenade launcher for 10 points a model and end the game on turn 1 as ten vortex grenades cleansed the entire enemy army in one go.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 824