Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971115 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: wait, 40K has religious overtones?! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
« Reply #6885 on: October 04, 2016, 06:41:58 pm »

I should state I am being harsh on 40k for fun xD

I don't seriously have any beef with this setting it is fine :P (outside the odd absence of women outside one subfaction... but they have cooties!)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: October 04, 2016, 06:44:00 pm »

I should state I am being harsh on 40k for fun xD

I don't seriously have any beef with this setting it is fine :P (outside the odd absence of women outside one subfaction... but they have cooties!)
There are imp guard women regiments, dark eldar women, and eldar women. I mean one of them is a farseer, and I think another was a farseer, now a dead xenos.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: October 04, 2016, 06:46:13 pm »

I kinda want some of those for my army now.

on women there's plenty its just that do you want to pay for the cost that Games Workshop would want for the molds?

also on the Commissars could one theoretically execute the BigE for cowardice? I mean he didn't fight back against Horus till it was too late and all...
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6888 on: October 04, 2016, 06:50:36 pm »

also on the Commissars could one theoretically execute the BigE for cowardice? I mean he didn't fight back against Horus till it was too late and all...
Fuklaw.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: October 04, 2016, 06:58:43 pm »

That's a beautiful story with a wonderful moral.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: October 04, 2016, 07:17:45 pm »

On the note of Commissars, I've always found it curious that they are technically speaking authorized to kill commanding officers. I know they can kill Colonels (source:Commissar) and I believe I heard something about a general being *BLAM*.-ed. It seems as though this would be a detriment, as it would stop the command staff from acting effectively due to fear of the Great Hatted Assholes shooting them after a strategically sound retreat.

Or perhaps that's the point...

Savvy generals don't let the more rabid commissars be anywhere nearby when they make that sort of decision. Not all commissars are frothing maniacs, , after all.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: October 04, 2016, 07:21:57 pm »

On the note of Commissars, I've always found it curious that they are technically speaking authorized to kill commanding officers. I know they can kill Colonels (source:Commissar) and I believe I heard something about a general being *BLAM*.-ed. It seems as though this would be a detriment, as it would stop the command staff from acting effectively due to fear of the Great Hatted Assholes shooting them after a strategically sound retreat.

Savvy generals don't let the more rabid commissars be anywhere nearby when they make that sort of decision. Not all commissars are frothing maniacs, , after all.

Ehh the imperials are so big that even if a rabid commissar did nothing but shoot his own unit all day it wouldn't make a dent in the army.

It is kind of how Chaos works. Get enough people willing to die for any reason and boom! the 10% crazy psycho population don't matter (thank GOODNESS chaos corruption doesn't affect people psychologically)

It kind of reminds me a bit of KOTOR where assassins don't EXACTLY do political assassinations that we are used to because there are so many politicians that even if the assassin were allowed to stand in the middle of the senate and shoot at the opposition... they would be able to finish the meeting before they would even dent it.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6892 on: October 04, 2016, 07:22:44 pm »

To get promoted to a Commissar that gets anywhere near commanding ranks you generally must prove that you're not retarded.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: October 04, 2016, 07:24:43 pm »

To get promoted to a Commissar that gets anywhere near commanding ranks you generally must prove that you're not retarded.

That I question...

I know this is fiction so I can't just say "Well an organization of that size blah blah blah"

But I dunno... it seems to fit rather perfectly that someone could throw connections or be a VIP enough to do it. I mean... they are called the Imperials... Not the meritocracy.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:26:55 pm by Neonivek »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6894 on: October 04, 2016, 07:28:07 pm »

Commissars (that are frothing bloodthirsty retards) usually don't have connections. They're come from Schola Progenium, after all, and by the time one could make some connections they should gain some sense.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: October 04, 2016, 07:31:34 pm »

aren't commisar tanks a thing?

Ehh the imperials are so big that even if a rabid commissar did nothing but shoot his own unit all day it wouldn't make a dent in the army.

It is kind of how Chaos works. Get enough people willing to die for any reason and boom! the 10% crazy psycho population don't matter (thank GOODNESS chaos corruption doesn't affect people psychologically)

It kind of reminds me a bit of KOTOR where assassins don't EXACTLY do political assassinations that we are used to because there are so many politicians that even if the assassin were allowed to stand in the middle of the senate and shoot at the opposition... they would be able to finish the meeting before they would even dent it.
Err. doesn't chaos corruption sometimes affect people psychologically, especially tzeentchian bullshit
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6896 on: October 04, 2016, 07:33:02 pm »

Yes, and???

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: October 04, 2016, 07:35:16 pm »

Yes, and???
just wondering, any rules for *BLAM*ing cowards with a leman russ?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:04:42 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: October 04, 2016, 07:45:03 pm »

this *balm* thing is a meme then?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6899 on: October 04, 2016, 07:48:04 pm »

*BLAM*
No.
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 824