Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965331 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, guard can't shell their own position? Lame.

No one can, you aren't allowed to place a template such that it would hit your own guys unless you're Renegades with a specific leader upgrade and even then only 1 unit per turn can shell your own guys. It's just part of the rules abstractions that are part of the game.

Of course your blasts can still scatter onto your own men, but that's not the same as locking them into combat then shelling them.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to kill ork with single lasgun?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Skaven could, though! Which makes me sort of wonder why Nids can't...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile

I'd think that just about every faction other than Eldar and maybe Tau should be able to do that. Due to various degrees of expendability and zealousness.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to kill ork with single lasgun?

Yeah, it's unusual in the fluff for them to die in one shot, but in the tabletop it's not that hard for them to get hurt by lasguns, and in the RPGs it can be done if you crit.

Skaven could, though! Which makes me sort of wonder why Nids can't...

Just not something the rules writers ever bothered to think about I guess, not like you can shoot into an assault anyway.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

Imperial guard can fire at their own troops, they just have to do it on moral check at a time.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

I could have sworn one of the IG commanders or whatever could aim an orbital bombardment with the center on himself.

Rule was called "On my coordinates!" or somesuch.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You might be thinking of Inquisitor Karamazov, though I don't know if his current incarnation can still do that stuff.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

why would he want to bomb his location?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking back at my 5th ed Grey Knights dex, Karamazov could fire his Orbital Strike Relay on any friendly model rather than an enemy one. In exchange the attack didn't roll for scatter.

Amusingly because of his statline and 2+ save as long as he didn't use the Lance Strike, which was for anti-tank anyway, he could shrug off the orbital strike with ease. He was basically supposed to run around dropping D3 S6 AP4 large blasts on Grey Knight Terminators or power armoured acolytes, or on himself if there were enemies right next to him.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

HERESY
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

huh, TIL that  karamov and fyodor are references to russian literature. I find this really neat.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brothers_Karamazov
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Killing yourself and 20,000 of your own troops to deny the enemy victory is pretty much the most 40k thing an Imperial Commander can do.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: Farty fart fart fart
« Reply #7513 on: November 18, 2016, 09:09:22 pm »

Killing yourself and 20,000 of your own troops to deny the enemy victory is pretty much the most 40k thing an Imperial Commander can do.

No... Eating 20,000 of your own troops just to make yourself slightly more comfortable and then decorating your palace with their skulls is the most 40k thing an Imperial Commander can do.

Noble Sacrifice is certainly not 40k :P

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: Farty fart fart fart
« Reply #7514 on: November 18, 2016, 09:23:29 pm »

No... Eating 20,000 of your own troops just to make yourself slightly more comfortable and then decorating your palace with their skulls is the most 40k thing an Imperial Commander can do.

Noble Sacrifice is certainly not 40k :P

Heresy BLAM

killing yourself and 20,000 troops in a heroic sacrifice and still losing is way above.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 824