Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971510 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

Looks way more like Noble's clothing than a line soldier's uniform. (Although I guess shit was pretty fancy during the GC.)

Still. I pictured Oly as a heavyset dude with scars an unlovable mug. That picture looks like husbando material.
Based off what I have read most guardman clothing in great crusade included great coats over their armor.

I know it is blatantly said that it is a part of their armor in prospero burns
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

The Imperial Infantryman's Handbook, Chapter 2, Section 2, Pg. 112, under the heading "Arms, Equipment and Accoutrement":

• Greatcoat

Greatcoats are iconic for the Imperial Guard no matter which millennia you're in. It's just in the 41st there's less call for them because of all the muscley Catachans wot gotta show off their gunz.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Who looks at the Ollianus moment (which is completely not right now because Horus never made it to earth) and goes 'Wow, a power struggle between the mightiest and the weakest. Shows us that true bravery only comes in defiance of your limits" and then makes him a Perpetual. Wtf.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Who looks at the Ollianus moment (which is completely not right now because Horus never made it to earth) and goes 'Wow, a power struggle between the mightiest and the weakest. Shows us that true bravery only comes in defiance of your limits" and then makes him a Perpetual. Wtf.
The sacrifice got retconned to a custodian guard st one point too, iirc
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

So piss just read listened to the second Lionel Johnson HH book.

Something something heresy on-world.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The point at which I knew about Oll, he'd already been made a Perpetual. So I've always looked at the Oll-Love askance, because to me the Perpetuals storyline is a distraction. At times it feels like fanfic the way all the rules get broken. (Not to mention the fourth wall on occasion.) Like, I get irritated with John Grammaticus because it'd be way more 40k, and I'd respect him more, if every time the Cabal rezzed him he went "HUMANITY FUCK YEAH" and killed himself. So yeah. I prefer defiance over time and immortality wank. There's a reason the Emperor is and has been an inaccessible figure for pretty much the entirety of 40k. He's more fucking interesting that way. (TTS withstanding.)

Quote from: pisskop

Basically the only pure Dark Angel is Nemiel and:

How are the audio novels generally, anyways? I've always wanted to get some but the voice acting is also so damn hammy in video games, I don't know if I could listen to a whole novel worth of it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 09:27:08 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe the Dark Angels' secrecy is related to the Alpha Legion's secrecy? They're the first and last legions, respectively, and Alpharius Omegon's name comes from Alpha and Omega - the beginning and the end.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Depends on who is reading them.  I liked the guy reading the Fallen Angels book, but some of them are too raspy.

I generally dislike people trying to enact the books instead of reading it, though.  Too hammy, youre right.  Sometimes they try to enact pain and it sounds like breathlessness honestly.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:05:21 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah. There's just so many different authors and kinds of stories out there I feel like it'd be a total gamble on whether or not I could deal with the reading style of each voice over. Maybe it's because they consider themselves voice actors rather than just voice overs. I dunno. After playing Darkest Dungeon and hearing the mellifluous Wayne June, I ran down all his Lovecraft readings because he's just gives it the right treatment. So sometimes voice acting for novels has its place. Just....not 40k I think. Most of the time I hear 40k in any medium it comes with a fair amount of cringe.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well if lionel is dirty and alpha is clean than its more gray in the universe.  which would be a nice touch.

been wanting to ask what alpha legion actually does with their time -who they worship whers they live or if they were even corrupted after 10 thousand years but i suspect the answer will be lacking
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does not newer fluff makes them closet loyalists doing this " For the emperor"

Actually, how do torpedo explosions look in 40k? From rogue trader rulebook it seems, that plasmacharge is kind of default imperial torpedo payload, so explosions should be blue?

How do voidshields look like on spaceships? How do they look, when they get hit?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Does not newer fluff makes them closet loyalists doing this " For the emperor"
Nobody really knows, as they do so much shit that they're literally working against themselves on daily basis. The best bet was that they were fragmented and split into loyalists and not loyalists, but new fluff seems to be a bit weird now, as both Alpharius and Omegon are supposedly dead... but still, the Janus theory is there and Grey Knights are basically almost confirmed to come from the Primarch (without specialities and stuff, so just really generic super-marine) geneseed stolen by Alpha legion for Horus, but Horus got fake one, so really... Alpha legion are the Schrödingers heretics, you never know if they're loyalist or heretic until you open the Rhino.
TBH, they could as well be just working for themselves, which seems like a pretty reasonable option.

Actually, how do torpedo explosions look in 40k? From rogue trader rulebook it seems, that plasmacharge is kind of default imperial torpedo payload, so explosions should be blue?
Depends. While the standard ones are indeed described as Plasmas, with the amount of standarization the Navy has, ships could be as well armed with anything from regular nuclear warheads to Melta torpedoes or Vortex ones that tear rifts into Warp.

How do voidshields look like on spaceships? How do they look, when they get hit?
In general - transcluent bubble, with hazing (similar to the effect hot air above roads has) effect. When hit they ripple and make a lot of pretty colours, with energy flares on more powerful hits.
The ship ones are more like teardrops and seem to be invisible indicating a better quality. The effect on hit is the same.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You'd think the Inquisition would wait to open the metal bawks before exterminatusing everything just to make sure the alpha legion were in fact heretics
It's been what, several thousand years and they still haven't got an answer?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Nobody got the right box.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 824