Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971432 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #8205 on: January 30, 2017, 07:18:12 pm »

Mm.  Like he says, shooting fish in a barrel.
He did a decent job of it, though it's an old joke.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: January 30, 2017, 07:20:22 pm »

He is not good at wordsing 40k things, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8207 on: January 30, 2017, 07:59:34 pm »

yes but what is the cutest creature that gets butchered in order to be worn stylishly
grox

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8208 on: January 31, 2017, 02:14:37 am »

This has been laying in my folder for quite a while, and I will proably never get to finish it, but eh.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: January 31, 2017, 02:53:41 am »

rip cadya
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: February 01, 2017, 08:13:22 pm »

Somehow I only just noticed what may be my favorite thing in every Warhammer model kit I've ever laid eyes on, even though it's months old now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Khorneate skull rune in the Blood Warriors kit actually has angry eyebrows worked into the top of the rune and it has sunken, hollow cheeks worked into the sides.

This is goofy, amazing, awesome, stupid and glorious all at the same time.  :P
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: February 01, 2017, 08:21:31 pm »

Everything is bootleggin' orks.

True Facts:  Space Marine are trying to  transspecies into ork.  And Khorne?  hahaha, he's been trying to be Mork AND Gork so hard he's left constipated on a osteocized chair

P:

Heeeeey, lookit a plothole?  If orks = engineered to fight the War in the Heavens.  And the War caused the warp, i.e. the birth of 3 chaos entities.  Gork and Mork were .........  born before the warp?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 08:25:21 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8212 on: February 01, 2017, 08:26:41 pm »

u zoggin wot m8

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: February 01, 2017, 08:29:38 pm »

The warp and psychic powers existed before the Chaos Gods came into being, it was just less twisted and 'orrible.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: February 01, 2017, 08:31:28 pm »

Heeeeey, lookit a plothole?  If orks = engineered to fight the War in the Heavens.  And the War caused the warp, i.e. the birth of 3 chaos entities.  Gork and Mork were .........  born before the warp?
I'm not sure that Gork and Mork are... 'real', perse.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: February 01, 2017, 08:38:58 pm »

While I will admit that 40k seems to lack evidence of the existence of either, I think that WHF has some.

And, the warp was a place of relative calm before, but given the effect of the orks Id imagine it could not have been so with a 'survival of the fittest' kind of god around.  As the ONLY god(s).  Did the eldar even have their own back then during the War?

I would think that G&M, their numbers are record highs from being bred in humongous numbers in order to provide the backbone of the grunts, would be even more powerful than they are today.
  I would think that with half the galaxy cleansed by the necrons and their fart masters the orks would be around.

Whatd, the ctan clear a planet of orks, the spores would grow, new orks?  yea man.  I can see more orks then than now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 08:42:52 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: February 01, 2017, 08:44:35 pm »

While I will admit that 40k seems to lack evidence of the existence of either, I think that WHF has some.
In WHF, one greenskin spell caused Gork to physically appear and stomp on someone, so...

This is mostly speculation by me, but in 40k from what I've seen Gork and/or Mork exist as much as Ynnead in that they are almost real, and only need a (relatively) small push to become as real as the Big Four or any of the eldar gods. Isn't Ghazkul trying to create the biggest Waaagh! since the Beast's in order to make them real?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: February 01, 2017, 08:44:56 pm »

Gork and Mork were most likely two of the Old Ones the Orks began worshipping as gods during the end of the War in Heaven (the Orks were more made to combat the growing number of hostile warp entities than anything else) and the ensuing Enslaver Plague, when the original old ones died the belief in them remained and either spawned two new gods, or more likely the collective faith in them helps shape the Orks manifest and perceive their latent psychic field, hence Weirdboyz having a power that manifests WAAAGH!!! energy into a giant foot and similar things.

My headcanon is that the beings who the Orks referred to as Gork and Mork were the same as the ones the Eldar called Khaine and Cegorarch, but when the real things died, as all Old Ones did, the two races created new ones from their psychic energy and according to their own perceptions of past events and social norms. The Eldar having been around before the Orks had more Old Ones to reinterpret in their pantheon, while the Orks only met the ones who lived until the end of the war and perished in the Enslaver Plague that followed.

So the original Khaine/Gork was an Old One general who lead the Eldar in the War in Heaven, but was corrupted by Necrodermis after a battle with the Nightbringer (actually part of Khaine's fluff) and became more callous, cruel and bitter over time as a result. Eventually he became the cruel and monstrous figure portrayed in Eldar mythology, and was for some reason one of very few Old Ones to survive to the end of the war. When the Orks were created he was given command of them, as it was logical to put a rage fuelled monster who thrived in hand to hand combat in charge of the Orks who shared his proclivities, if not his motivations. He then perished in the Enslaver plague and posthumously served as the inspiration for part of the Eldar and Ork pantheons.

Cegorarch meanwhile was presumably an Old One specializing in more subtle and secretive methods of war, snipers, disguises, assassinations, ambushes and similar. Originally leading Eldar scouts, sniper teams and saboteurs and fighting the Necrontyr with deception, misdirection and attempts to turn them against one another. During the creation of the Orks he attempted to instill in them the same tactics, leading to the presence of the latent gene combination that creates Kommandos, and possibly the entire Snakebite clan, and then lead them post creation in some battles, instilling in them the concept of Mork. Like Khaine upon his death at the hands, or tentacles, of the Enslavers he was the foundation of new gods representing his ideals in a loose sense.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: February 01, 2017, 08:50:17 pm »

Did the eldar even have their own back then during the War?

Isha and Kurnous for sure, who parented the Eldar brothers, Eldanesh and Ulthanese, who fought against a race called the Hresh-selain before the War in Heaven.

Not sure when Khaine, Cegorach, and the other came along. According to this, Khaine was there since the beginning at least.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: February 01, 2017, 10:23:11 pm »

Btw I'm converting up a freebootaz army for an upcoming killteams game.
So that'll be fun.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 824