Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965218 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #8250 on: February 03, 2017, 08:50:17 pm »

Pretty sure Sanguinius is confirmed dead. Unless you're saying he exists as some sort of spiritual force that occasionally interacts with people. Never seen that though, not even James Swallow's masturbatory BA fiction.
The Sanguinor would like a word.

In addition, the presence of the Black Rage (i.e. Sanguinius' memories) suggests Sanguinius might also live on Malkav-style, as a psychic data cloud between all of his children. Perhaps this is even the source of the Sanguinor.

Ferrus Manus is also in the "probably dead, but..." pile due to having been confirmed clone-resurrected by some function of Fabius Bile's sickfuckery many times, though always killed again when Fulgrim manages to fuck up arguing why Chaos is so great. And that's without mentioning his possible connection with the C'tan...

The Primarch most apt to be put in a confirmed dead bracket (distinct from the Deleted bracket) is actually Konrad Curze, but even he gets some leeway in that his death was never actually described, only the buildup to his confrontation with the assassin. "Death is nothing compared to vindication" can also be taken as having an alternate meaning.

And so, zero of the primarchs are actually confirmed dead, unless again you remove the deleted bracket and count Horus. But this presents other problems with II and XI.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:52:47 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8251 on: February 03, 2017, 08:51:41 pm »

Let's be honest - it doesn't matter if it makes sense - if GWS wants to bring someone back, they will.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: February 03, 2017, 09:14:48 pm »

The Primarch most apt to be put in a confirmed dead bracket (distinct from the Deleted bracket) is actually Konrad Curze, but even he gets some leeway in that his death was never actually described, only the buildup to his confrontation with the assassin. "Death is nothing compared to vindication" can also be taken as having an alternate meaning.

Some of his Legion were in the room when he died. They watched him get his head cut off right in front of them. It is a very sore spot for the ones that still loved him by that point that he ordered them to stand down and let him die and the assassin go.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: February 03, 2017, 09:32:33 pm »

Let's be honest - it doesn't matter if it makes sense - if GWS wants to bring someone back, they will.
But it makes perfect $en$e.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: February 03, 2017, 11:44:19 pm »

If the HH has taught me anything, it's that I liked a lot of these characters more when they were dead :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: February 03, 2017, 11:59:39 pm »

But it makes perfect $en$e cents.
FIFY

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8256 on: February 04, 2017, 12:29:23 am »

Tbh - the only fear I have of Gathering Storm that it will be half-assed. The return of Primarches, moving the story on and possible resolution to Emperors physic diarrhea should be a whole fucking series like Horus Heresy, with dozens and dozens of books.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: February 04, 2017, 12:35:00 am »

Eldar soup formation has been released, by the by.
Aspect warriors in a raider, ho!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: February 04, 2017, 12:43:45 am »

Tbh - the only fear I have of Gathering Storm that it will be half-assed. The return of Primarches, moving the story on and possible resolution to Emperors physic diarrhea should be a whole fucking series like Horus Heresy, with dozens and dozens of books.

It's already got 4 books, with another on the way. More if you count the events going on elsewhere as part of the End Times narrative, such as the Leviathan vs Blood Angels campaign books, the Orks vs Guards one, Tau vs Raven Guard/White Scars, all are moving things into the final high gear clash for the armies.

Curse of the Wulfen, Wrath of Magnus, Traitor's Hate and Fall of Cadia are all part of the Chaos focused End Times story, which isn't necessarily the only one that's going to happen. And we have Biel-Tan coming out soon, plus whatever Chaos will get to give it it's own Triumvirate set, since the Imperium has 2 and Eldar one so far.

The story being done over a lot of books won't make it good, the writers putting more effort in than they did with Fantasy End Times is what matters in the long run.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: February 04, 2017, 09:28:45 am »

He was deleted, as said earlier, right?

Now, should some powerful entity decide to take the soul of 'random guy 1^23', they could reincarnate him or at least make him a demon, right?

Or is getting consumed for lulz or so that a demon can be formed the best we can hope for?  I seem to recall reading somewhere that most summonings/demons who are made by sacrifice or from the souls of things require the soul itself to perish.  As in its not that person being turned into a demon, its a demon eating you like a parasite.

What Sirus said. The Emperor didn't just kill Horus, he annihilated his essence. Then Abaddon vaporized everything that was left in the whole Black Legion debacle.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: February 04, 2017, 09:35:18 am »

Rawbutt Girlyman is comming back, prob to have a confrontation with our favorite armless chaos lord and put the imperium into proper working order.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8261 on: February 04, 2017, 10:17:33 am »

What if:
- Announces the immediate secession and expansion of Ultrimar
- Big imperial civil war

Question is, who'd choose which sides?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: February 04, 2017, 12:50:31 pm »

gulliman has zerero official allies.

is the idea of ultramarines alone enough to buy loyalty?

i dont think he can just be like, 'imperium 2.0 nao'.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8263 on: February 04, 2017, 01:05:40 pm »

He would be the sole living son of the Emperor, the oldest being in the Imperium, and the only person who can clearly remember the Heresy and what came before it. Being a Primarch is akin to being a god king to the Imperium.

He's also going to have the backing of an Archmagos of the Mechanicus, the Living Saint Celestine and roughly half of all Space Marine chapters.

As long as he doesn't start yelling at people for believing in gods, which would be silly of him anyway since he learned they exist during the Heresy like everyone else did, the Ecclesiarchy will probably declare that he has a divine mandate to lead the Imperium's armies, if not the Imperium itself. At least until more Primarchs return.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8264 on: February 04, 2017, 02:41:07 pm »

Portent, you nailed it. That's what would happen in cannon.

And somewhere in the warp, the great unclean devourer, Matt Ward, will furiously masturbate in approval.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 824