Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965241 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #8625 on: April 23, 2017, 04:34:44 pm »

The GIF cuts off just before execution of the last row for being ineffective.

To die for the Emperor is the greatest possible way to serve Him. Therefore, everyone should immediately die for the Emperor. In the same vein, a decent Commissar executes a single man; a good Commissar executes the entire Imperial Guard.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: April 23, 2017, 06:37:16 pm »

The GIF cuts off just before execution of the last row for being ineffective.

To die for the Emperor is the greatest possible way to serve Him. Therefore, everyone should immediately die for the Emperor. In the same vein, a decent Commissar executes a single man; a good Commissar executes the entire Imperial Guard.
Abaddon was just trying to be a commissar this entire time
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: April 23, 2017, 06:39:31 pm »

They've already been really transparent about why the majority of those things exist, which to me only further endears them.
Where have they given those reasons?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: April 23, 2017, 06:43:12 pm »

In my opinion it's one of the best Total War games to be released since Sega bought the horse.
Honestly cannot think of a way in which it's lacking. The last Total War game I anything near respected was Shogun II, and the differences in DLC policy alone are worthy of praise.
Well, if not praise, then a lesser beating.

AI'll admit, "they're less shit" doesn't sell them as something other than "the worst possible developers" but where else am I going to go for that type of RTS.
Out of curiosity, would you recommend Total War Warhammer for someone who hasn't poked around Total War, but rather likes Warhammer?

Because Lionheartx10's playthrough is garnering my attention.

Yeah, the game basically plays itself and is by in large the easiest by making it largely linear.

So yeah very good for people who have difficulty playing Total War games.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: April 23, 2017, 07:02:55 pm »

Yeah, the game basically plays itself and is by in large the easiest by making it largely linear.
Yeah, no. They removed stuff like squalor, fertility and food, but it doesn't make sense for the setting anyway. And if you think it plays by itself, go try out the Empire. They're a pretty brutal campaign (you get attacked from literally all sides non-stop), only overshadowed by the Attila factions.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: April 23, 2017, 07:09:02 pm »

Yeah, no. They removed stuff like squalor, fertility and food, but it doesn't make sense for the setting anyway. And if you think it plays by itself, go try out the Empire. They're a pretty brutal campaign (you get attacked from literally all sides non-stop), only overshadowed by the Attila factions.

More than that. Basically don't worry about it the game has you handled. You don't even have to think if you don't want to.

I mean even campaign direction is chosen for you and production direction. Where you need to go and even what level ups you need. Are you confused where you need to go? The game actually includes waypoints that tell you where you need to be at what stages of the game.

The game is very new user friendly. It feels a lot like returning to the original Shogun Total War except without the creating a network, combos, or Agent networks (there are Agents, but they aren't as... specific... Or necessary for basic gameplay)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: April 23, 2017, 08:08:42 pm »

So, basically, there is only war?

Good. They got the setting down. No frivolous, pointless worries for mere things like farm and hoe, the only fertilizer needed is the blood and bones of the foe.

No skulking in the darkness, but grand slaughters that decide the fates of empires happen in the sun, until the arrows fire and the sun dies out.

Very Warhammer. I approve. Will likely wait for a sale, because I'm cheap, but still, neat.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: April 23, 2017, 08:49:53 pm »

Very Warhammer perhaps, not much Total War and really NONE strategy.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: April 23, 2017, 08:56:00 pm »

It's also a cut and parceled incomplete game, which everybody should refuse to purchase to vote with their wallets.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: April 23, 2017, 11:50:38 pm »

I think that's a silly argument. WTW 1 has a larger campaign map than most other total war games, period.
If you got them to put all three together and sell it as a single game, it would require a $300 price tag to pay for the development. Which nobody would pay, and then the company would go bankrupt.

Maybe they should've called it a 'standalone expansion', or even named it something other than I, II and III, but considering that the new world map is said to be noticeably bigger than the first map, I don't expect to pay less for it.

Unless you're talking about their DLC policy- which yeah I don't like.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8635 on: April 24, 2017, 12:19:46 am »

It'll take a long time, but eventually it will be one game that costs the price of one game and I'll buy it then, having reaped the profits from everyone who actually helped pay for the development.
It's like piracy, but I don't have to feel bad about it! :D
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8636 on: April 24, 2017, 12:24:47 am »

Steal the game from someone or buy it with stolen cash, this way you aren't a pirate (unless you steal it from like, ship), the amount of copies is good and developer gets his support, all while you don't have to pay for it! It's a win-win!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: April 24, 2017, 12:26:16 am »

Games must either be essentially concept-complete or engaging in some radically different model to get a pass from me. They made this game about an existing setting and then cut up the factions for R E V E N U E  S T R E A M, in a disturbing trend that has gotten popular amongst other AAA titles, like Nu-Battlefront or most hilariously, Battlefield One.

Like, you can't even spring for representing World War II?

If it's too much then make the game smaller and finish it, don't half-make it with a wink and a nod of "upcoming kontent".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: April 24, 2017, 01:43:45 am »

The only thing which really kills it for me is the fact that they made various parts of the map unaccessable whilst they developed races. Specifically Athel loren and still Skavenblight.
They're both pretty necessary areas of the map for throughfare, and it changes the balance of the game completely when they suddenly 'open up' later on.

Also, regiments of renown are full of shit.

Actually there's a lot I could bitch about their DLC policy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: April 24, 2017, 03:05:03 am »

Fall of Biel-Tan spoilers

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 824