Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971297 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: A comparative biology of Beastmen.
« Reply #10170 on: February 27, 2018, 11:20:55 am »

Well, I mean, for the first part they could be just recoloured Primaris with chaosey rules or something. It's not like everyone spontaneously grew spikes and horns during Horus Heresy.

No, just many of them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10171 on: February 27, 2018, 12:35:42 pm »

Maybe the Primaris are immune to spikes.
Maybe they'll continue looking pristine and perfect forever.

And Fulgrim will have them all.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: February 27, 2018, 09:52:31 pm »

You know what would be a neat twist? If it's discovered that the Primaris Marines are inherently flawed. Maybe they start dying off like normal humans from age and disease. That would be cool. Plus it would throw the Imperium into even more o a grimdark state since it's bold, bright heroes are succumbing to their own imperfections
Space Marines can die of old age probably. Sigismund at least was deteriorating because he was so old.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: February 28, 2018, 11:19:30 am »

Old age for them is like +800 years. I guess it varies from chapter to chapter and marine to marine, stuff like he quality of the geneseed and whatnot.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10174 on: February 28, 2018, 11:58:27 am »

I seem to recall the lore on this has changed. Because I swear in my 2e Angels of Death Codex, Dante was stated to be almost 10,000 years old. But that number has been gradually getting smaller with every revision.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: February 28, 2018, 12:00:06 pm »

By the way, there's a Black Library open submission until April. I've been working on something else, but I'll be writing mine soon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10176 on: February 28, 2018, 12:05:14 pm »

To fit with Black Library’s range, your story should not include graphic descriptions of gratuitous violence

Has... has BL actually read any of the books they publish?

I like the themes on offer anyway. 40k heist story! That's a new one, but I kinda love it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10177 on: February 28, 2018, 12:08:26 pm »

Dante over a thousand years old ATM, and that's setting aside the traitors which tend to remember Horus Heresy. Tbh, in theoretical sense they could probably live forever, considering the magical stasis ability of theirs, but I'd guess their natural death is something nearly inachieveable considering the way they live, something like 2000 years.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: February 28, 2018, 12:13:02 pm »

Has... has BL actually read any of the books they publish?
Given the exact wording, I think that means they don't want "And then Stkrak the Violator stuck his spinning chainsword into the youth's abdomen, flesh parting way as blood splattered the floor and ceiling to his screams and the intestines wrapping around the hilt gave Stkrak amusement and even arousal at the torn gash of war inflicted against yet another victim."

"They shot the guardsmen" is probably fine.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10179 on: February 28, 2018, 12:15:44 pm »

Who owns the ideas that I submit to you?

For legal reasons, please be aware that by making a submission to Games Workshop you are agreeing to assign all rights in your submission to Games Workshop. This means that we will have the exclusive right to use your submission for any purpose in the future. If for any reason you are prevented or restricted at law from assigning to Games Workshop any of the intellectual property rights in your submission, you agree to grant to Games Workshop a sole and exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable licence in perpetuity which enables GW to use your submission for any purpose.
The fuck is this poisoned company doing? Do they ever actually offer anything other than total harvesting to their community, is it not enough to go after their wallets, but to go after their ideas too?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: February 28, 2018, 02:25:07 pm »

Pretty standard practice when it comes to these things. Remember getting pissed off about the same thing a while back, can't remember who exactly had the competition. It's essentially farming out potentially good ideas and masking it as a competition. They might be greedy bastards, but they're not the first ones to do it afaik
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10181 on: February 28, 2018, 02:27:16 pm »

Pretty standard practice when it comes to these things. Remember getting pissed off about the same thing a while back, can't remember who exactly had the competition. It's essentially farming out potentially good ideas and masking it as a competition. They might be greedy bastards, but they're not the first ones to do it afaik
I never said they were the first. My outrage is unlimited to whatever is wrong, no matter how normal it has become. That it is normal is no exoneration of GW, that it is normal is a scar against humanity

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: February 28, 2018, 02:30:55 pm »

I hate to say it, but there are solid legal reasons for doing it that way. What if someone writes a crappy short story, then a few years later some BL author writes a book that is superficially similar, having never read said short story? What if the author of the short story has an over-inflated ego and then sues for "obviously" having stolen his "masterpiece"?

Like I said, solid legal reasons.

Now, actually using that clause for anything else is pretty scummy, but you really can't tell if they will try that or not.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10183 on: February 28, 2018, 02:38:19 pm »

Now, actually using that clause for anything else is pretty scummy, but you really can't tell if they will try that or not.
It's GW

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: February 28, 2018, 02:42:30 pm »

This is Games "wanted to trademark Space Marine" Workshop we're talking about here you know :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 824