Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1567268 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: Capitalism and murder
« Reply #3480 on: September 27, 2015, 07:07:27 pm »

Are you're saying they're not all stupid loudmouthed idiots?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: September 27, 2015, 07:13:41 pm »

... we're noting you just explicitly lumped yourself in with them. That's about all, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: September 27, 2015, 07:37:43 pm »

... we're noting you just explicitly lumped yourself in with them. That's about all, really.

As it should be. I'm fucking sick of people who, when they try to be fair, instead of taking themselves off the pedestal put all the other assholes and morons on the pedestal with them.

It's just like multiculturalism. It's bad enough people are in love with their own dumbass culture, now they gotta be in love wih all the other dumbass cultures too?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: September 27, 2015, 07:41:37 pm »

Havel havalim hakol havel
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: September 27, 2015, 07:50:24 pm »

Bohandas has been possessed!

It's that bloody moon, I'm telling you!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: September 27, 2015, 08:02:58 pm »

As it should be. I'm fucking sick of people who, when they try to be fair, instead of taking themselves off the pedestal put all the other assholes and morons on the pedestal with them.

It's just like multiculturalism. It's bad enough people are in love with their own dumbass culture, now they gotta be in love wih all the other dumbass cultures too?
Still, there's a difference between taking something off the pedestal and burying it like you seem to be doing, isn't there? You and those people you are sick of end up being equally far from the ground level, though from the opposite directions.
On the other hand, I'm not your therapist or anything.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: September 27, 2015, 08:08:28 pm »

On the other hand, I'm not your therapist or anything.
Hint Hint ;D
Quick Bohandas ask him if he's employed and has a spare CV laying around.

I am humor. That isn't my given name though.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: September 27, 2015, 09:03:47 pm »

Cat ambushed my roommate's unattended bowl of ice cream and near as I can tell got brainfreeze, because he started walking in circles, nearly fell over, and is now determinedly washing his face with the funniest expression.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: September 27, 2015, 09:13:20 pm »

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/14/on-equal-pay-day-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-gender-pay-gap/

I'm not even going to get into the assertion that MRAs are all reasonable people who are being slandered and misrepresented. Though it does help support the parallel, amusingly enough.
Good, as I was not making that assertion. The assertion is that if you don't consider the people labeled feminist to be shitty for their well-heard assholes you should do the same for mra.
Ya know how a bunch of lay-feminist hate TERF? A bunch of lay-mra hate PUA. It all looks very symmetrical to me with the big difference being who is better connected and won the shit flinging contest.

Maybe it's just that feminism has existed in forms other than virulent stupidity. I can't say the same for MRA -- that's not to say that my knowledge is perfect or that there aren't MRAs that are genuinely just seeking equal rights and consideration from the opposite direction, but I've yet to see a group of multiple MRAs act that way when not directly attempting to prove that that's what they stand for to outside observers.

It's why I prefer to label myself an egalitarian (or equal-opportunity misanthrope, if I'm feeling tetchy): drop all of the bullshit, people are people are people and as such must have equal rights under law and consideration affected only by personal ability rather than circumstances of birth. It's the poison of movements oriented around any one group: yes, they're more effective in the short run for seeking change for that group, but there are always militant assholes that ruin it for everyone else and try to push the bar around to the other side instead of stopping in the middle.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: September 28, 2015, 12:30:13 am »

Yeah! How are MRAs any stupider than feminists!? They both seem like a bunch of utterly stupid, loudmouthed, insane, paranoid assholes.

EDIT:
(Come to think of it, that actually applies to just about any group that believes strongly in anything)
Because MRAs are not, and have never, been what they claim to be.  I don't mean that on a level of, say "feminists claim to be helping women but they aren't".  I'm not saying they're WRONG.  I'm saying they are most certainly not for the rights of men.  In fact I would say the majority of them represent the OPPOSITE of that.  Think of it like this: who in the world uses insults specifically designed for men like cuck and beta?  MRAs and other red pillers.  Feminism actually has not picked up any slurs for men as far as I can tell.  I mean there's the usual where asshole, dick, douchebag, ect. are directed more at men than at women, but those words and that usage are decidedly in the general vocabulary.  Its kind of ironic, if men ARE oppressed to any significant degree its by men pushing each other into an overly narrow role of masculinity; and what friendly neighborhood "progressive" group is most vocal about that sort of thing?

They're thinly-veiled anti-feminist (or just straight up misogynist) groups.  They like to adopt the language of progressives because they realize it gives them a measure of legitimacy in the internet of today, but the truth is they don't want to go forward.  They want to go back.

And don't even get me started on "there are two sides and they both care, clearly they are both equally right/wrong and thus dumb to care."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: September 28, 2015, 12:57:05 am »

I think anti-circumcision activists are often lumped in with mras, and the point most often leveled against them is that they should shut up because at least it's not as bad as fgm. which is like telling someone to shut up about their arm having been cut off because there's people being decapitated in the middle east.

EDIT:
and what about people protesting overly broad sexual harassment policies that infringe on free speech? How is having to abide by huge orwellian list of things you can't discuss or even mention a less hostile work environment than one in which you occasionally overhear an off-color joke?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:02:39 am by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: September 28, 2015, 05:07:51 am »

Wait, how is circumcision relevant here at all?

Not that I'd like to take that tangent, but: It's my firm opinion that everyone who is either a) not circumcised or b) circumcised for religious reasons should keep out of the debate, because of not knowing what it's like and personal bias respectively. So you guys should just take my opinion and accept it as truth :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: September 28, 2015, 05:31:13 am »

Wait, how is circumcision relevant here at all?

Not that I'd like to take that tangent, but: It's my firm opinion that everyone who is either a) not circumcised or b) circumcised for religious reasons should keep out of the debate, because of not knowing what it's like and personal bias respectively. So you guys should just take my opinion and accept it as truth :P
Sorry but I'm not going to take something I haven't even been shown, you need to whip it out first mr.tongue. where is opinion?

Circumcision is also imo the best done mra talking point. It is hard to argue with it in that the advantages it affords could be easily acquired with far less problems without it.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: September 28, 2015, 06:35:00 am »

Hey, this must be the first time anyone has ever been asked to upload a dick pick on the internet!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: September 28, 2015, 06:40:31 am »

I was looking at cringeworthy minecon attendants on Youtube, saw a video for compilation of cringeworthy weeaboos, ok i think show me what you got. The first 3-4 things had nothing to do with weeaboos, it included someone doing carameldansen, which is of course Swedish, and an English youtuber who's popular in Japan. idk, but I think a Westerner who is popular in Japan just for being themselves, is the complete opposite of the "weeaboo" concept.

I thought weeaboos go around speaking Japanese, yet nobody on this "weeaboo" compilation is speaking Japanese or wearing cosplay that's related to Japanese characters. I guess weeaboo is being thrown around against anyone who has geeky interests, and it sticks because who hasn't played at least 1 Japanese video game or some such nowadays.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 06:44:30 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 879