Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1567162 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 1223237 views lol
« Reply #12330 on: April 02, 2022, 05:09:29 am »

Uh oh
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress has breached containment.

ATTENTION

ALL FACILITY PERSONEL MUST EVACUATE THE SITE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

THE ON-SITE WARHEAD WILL BE DETONATED IN APPROXIMATELY T-MINUS 60 SECONDS
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
let

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: April 07, 2022, 02:35:30 pm »

I just came to the realisation that Pokemon gods, like all other pokemon, are just feral animals who fight for territory and lack higher thinking skills.

So one day, Dialga could look at Palkia wrong, and they may start fighting, taking the universe with them.

I don't know why, but the idea of having a zoo for a pantheon is just funny to me.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: April 07, 2022, 09:23:30 pm »

I still like only the first two generations.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: April 08, 2022, 01:03:04 am »

I thought some of the pokemon could talk, kind of weird that they used dumb ones for their gods.

I've haven't had anything to do with pokemon since gen 1.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: April 08, 2022, 01:07:04 am »

Meowth can talk and so can some ghosts/psychic types. God, in the pokemon universe, is just a wild animal. I think even Latios and Latias are minor dieties and are clearly just...clever animals. Something like a dog with the capability to create landmass.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: April 08, 2022, 01:28:36 am »

I haven't watched much of the anime but my friends used to say that Team Rocket's Meowth was a special case who taught himself human speech - and apparently got ostracized by other Meowths for it?

I think it's strongly indicated that most (all?) pokemon are smart enough to be a pet... and even *truly* understand human speech.  Some might be too primitive to acknowledge it, but things like the Squirtle Squad indicate that they understand human behavior in a way that real-world animals don't.

That's why the bond between humans and pokemon is so valuable.
...Or that's my headcanon based on what I've seen (mostly gen 2, Silver and Crystal Clear, and some bits of anime).

Alternate explanation and obscure book reference:  Pokemon (especially the cats) can talk, they simply choose not to.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: April 08, 2022, 06:49:36 am »

No, team roket Meowth learned to speak and walk uprigth with pure will power out of love to impress a gal, it did not work out and was labeled like a freak but landed him a job.

In the anime pokemons have human inteligence or comprehension, at least at the level of a child, they just cant speak but their names, with the exception of some ghost/psychic as mentionend above. The thing is ther personalities are generaly pretty basic and at least captured ones live only to please their owners.

Talking about the first anime which recently rewatched with pete, don't know anything beyond that.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12340 on: April 08, 2022, 07:24:07 am »

I thought some of the pokemon could talk, kind of weird that they used dumb ones for their gods.
Many of the legendaries are capable of direct communication with humans, far as I can recall, and it's enough of a pattern you're pretty safe assuming they all can, even if they don't for whatever reason. Arceus can, any of the psychic ones can (and I think ghost and dark, too, at a minimum?), fairly certainly more I've not personally seen.

The material in general is pretty explicit that more or less all pokemon are at-least human level (though often not human, so they might have odd or apparently compulsive behaviors relative to that fact) intelligences and capable of understanding spoken language. Very few of them are dumber than a young child at the worst.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: April 08, 2022, 09:24:16 am »

Also Mr Mime is Ash's step-dad.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: April 08, 2022, 09:37:31 am »

Yeah that's something pretty odd in there... they try to picture as a buttler/brother but...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12343 on: April 09, 2022, 12:56:35 am »

Pokemon seems to have gotten a lot weirder since the last time I saw it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12344 on: April 10, 2022, 03:08:05 pm »

Pokemon seems to have gotten a lot weirder since the last time I saw it.

Oh, you wouldn't believe.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 879