Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316804 times)

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #795 on: August 17, 2014, 04:40:53 pm »

Okay, so, I am trying to create a dwarven civ with a sort of republic government, I have started with the default positions of the Dwarves and modified them. At the top of the civ is the PREMIER position, which has the tag [SUCCESSION:BY_POSITION:FIRSTMINISTER]. The FIRSTMINISTER position is a civ level position with the [ELECTED] token.

Upon exporting legends, I see the list of both Premiers and First Ministers, but they seem to rarely have names in common. So, dwarves are being elected to the First Minister position, but when the Premier dies some random dwarf is succeeding them, rather than the FIRSTMINISTER position, or at least that's how it seems.

Any ideas?

Dwimenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 17, 2014, 04:45:41 pm »

I'm trying to make a medical academy to rise medical skills. I know about practice workshop from wiki and many mods, but I'm not looking for cheap coal->coal solution. Workshop itself is no-problem, as well as entity edits. I'm stuck on some specific reagents and products for reactions. Here is what I got so far:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:PRACTICE_DIAGNOSIS]
[NAME:Practice diagnosis]
[BUILDING:MEDICAL_ACADEMY:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[SKILL:DIAGNOSE]

[REACTION:PRACTICE_BONESETTING]
[NAME:Practice bonesetting]
[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL][UNROTTEN][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[SKILL:SET_BONE]

[REACTION:PRACTICE_SUTURING]
[NAME:Practice suturing]
[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT][UNROTTEN][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:B:1000:THREAD:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL]
[SKILL:SUTURE]

[REACTION:PRACTICE_WOUND_DRESSING]
[NAME:Practice wound dressing]
[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT][UNROTTEN][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:B:1000:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL]
[SKILL:DRESS_WOUNDS]

[REACTION:PRACTICE_SURGERY]
[NAME:Practice surgery]
[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL][UNROTTEN][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:B:1000:THREAD:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL]
[REAGENT:C:1000:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL]
[SKILL:SURGERY]
Problems:
  • How do I set blood, vomit, tears, filth as products?
  • How do I select hearts. eyes, lungs and other Prepared organs as reagents (for surgery)?
  • Can I select plant OR silk OR yarn thread as material for thread/cloth? If I put both [ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL] and [ANY_SILK_MATERIAL], dwarf is looking for cloth/thread which is made from silk and plant AT THE SAME TIME.
  • Will this raws allow dwarf to use parts of goblins, trolls and elves ? I only tested it on butchered animals.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 17, 2014, 05:19:44 pm »

@HelloLion:
I can't really think of what may be going on there. Is the premier elected as well?

@Dwimenor:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 17, 2014, 05:21:21 pm »

BlackFlyme,

No, the Premier is not elected, only succeeded by the First Minister, who is elected. I'm going to keep playing with it to see what else I discover.

EDIT: I tried making the Premier elected and removing the First Mnister and it still succeeding by heir. Is DF hard coded to be a monarchy?

EDIT #2: Further testing has landed me with something that seems to be working. It appears that civ level positions don't necessarily work right with the [ELECTED] tag so here's what I'm doing at this point: every site has a CHANCELLOR position now that is elected as long as you have at least 5 dwarves. The First Minister is succeeded by the Chancellor (presumably of whatever site they're at) and then the Premier is succeeded by the First Minister. This seems to work, if I view legends, the Premier is always a dwarf who was First Minister until then, except in the cases of times when the leaders were dying exceptionally fast.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 06:26:55 pm by HelloLion »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 17, 2014, 07:30:03 pm »

Hey guys just asking but where in the raws can i find the inorganics file for chitin? I'm trying to make an insectoid animal that has chitin as strong as copper grade armour.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:32:43 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 17, 2014, 07:33:34 pm »

material_template_default.txt

It's called [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CHITIN_TEMPLATE]

Dwimenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 18, 2014, 01:00:17 am »

@BlackFlyme
Thank you for pointing me to reaction classes, works great.

Does anyone have any idea how to produce blood, vomit, etc? My rationale is that dwarf gets kinda sick during medical training.
Or do you have another proposal for products in this kind of reactions?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 18, 2014, 01:26:55 am »

One thing I thought of was to use a material reaction product within one of the common body materials the produce one of the materials you want. Though I don't know how a material reaction would work in corpse pieces, as they are made of multiple materials.

You could get generic vomit by making the product's material VOMIT:NONE. You could also make a generic creature that won't appear in game, but is used to pull the materials from.

Dwimenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 18, 2014, 07:07:02 am »

Ok, I gave up on liquids (blood, vomit) as reaction products. I checked different mods source files to see how people are doing training workshop things. It's basically boulder with low boiling point which evaporates on creation.
So i created (pink-miasmalike)material with:
[SPEC_HEAT:5000]
[BOILING_POINT:100]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:101]
(other tokens)

It works if I turn temperature on (d_init.text). When temperature is off it doesn't wok.
So, is there a way to have evaporate(dissolve, destroy?) item without turning temperature on?

Edit:
Nevermind
I've created automatic reaction, which takes FILTH (custom material, product of medical practice reactions) boulders and creates no products.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:38:21 am by Dwimenor »

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 18, 2014, 09:34:31 am »

IIRC if they produce no products they will gain no experience. Something to watch out for.

Dwimenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 18, 2014, 09:59:09 am »

IIRC if they produce no products they will gain no experience. Something to watch out for.
That is why you can't train glazers in vanilla (no product, only improvement) and item crafting is trained so fast (3 crafts - 3x exp).

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 18, 2014, 10:02:41 am »

That is why you can't train glazers in vanilla (no product, only improvement) and item crafting is trained so fast (3 crafts - 3x exp).
Huh. Seems like there should be a tweak so that glazing makes a blob of sweat or something. I know there's a tweaks mod somewhere that ups leather amounts and fixes RAW bugs like the leaves->bag thing that got patched in .09.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 19, 2014, 11:47:15 am »

Bogeymen won't attack you if you slap
[nofear] on your race.
This pretty much makes walking out at night peaceful also spawn a bunch of gremling sized creatures that will hunt down everyone else in the world... but you.
though you don't want to attack them because this will provoke them.
also bogeymen pop up in legends mode now if you talk to them.
enjoy this tidbit of info.

Will your sleeping/traveling still be interrupted by incessant cackling?
yeah but they mostly just stand around or walk away. Which by then you're better off continuing on your journey.
You do know what this means, right? We now have the data necessary to understand bogeymen biology!
you might also miss this from the ethics thread but the
[night_creature_bogeyman] raw tag isn't a buggy mess any more so you can make a race of Civil bogeymen now,
but the kicker is the cackling affects everyone of the race so if you some how exit from the cackling on a bogeyman site everyone of that race will poof including you if you're one of them.(note this is for if you enter the cackling the creature race doesn't need the cackling to survive just that the cackling ending kills all bogeymen period)
so being alone at night as one of the potential bogeyman races is doubly deadly than it is before, but as a dwarf see humans pop up out of nowhere and run around scared and confuse for 12 hours and maybe cause mass genocide.
oh yeah bogeymen custom race creatures corpses naturally will poof over time if you don't butcher them fast enough but there's a small window of time when the cackling ends that the player could reanimate the corpses and fashion a small group of 1foot (gremlins size) adept skilled monsters now with undead boost.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 19, 2014, 12:02:00 pm »

Bogeymen won't attack you if you slap
[nofear] on your race.
This pretty much makes walking out at night peaceful also spawn a bunch of gremling sized creatures that will hunt down everyone else in the world... but you.
though you don't want to attack them because this will provoke them.
also bogeymen pop up in legends mode now if you talk to them.
enjoy this tidbit of info.

Will your sleeping/traveling still be interrupted by incessant cackling?
yeah but they mostly just stand around or walk away. Which by then you're better off continuing on your journey.
You do know what this means, right? We now have the data necessary to understand bogeymen biology!
you might also miss this from the ethics thread but the
[night_creature_bogeyman] raw tag isn't a buggy mess any more so you can make a race of Civil bogeymen now,
but the kicker is the cackling affects everyone of the race so if you some how exit from the cackling on a bogeyman site everyone of that race will poof including you if you're one of them.(note this is for if you enter the cackling the creature race doesn't need the cackling to survive just that the cackling ending kills all bogeymen period)
so being alone at night as one of the potential bogeyman races is doubly deadly than it is before, but as a dwarf see humans pop up out of nowhere and run around scared and confuse for 12 hours and maybe cause mass genocide.
oh yeah bogeymen custom race creatures corpses naturally will poof over time if you don't butcher them fast enough but there's a small window of time when the cackling ends that the player could reanimate the corpses and fashion a small group of 1foot (gremlins size) adept skilled monsters now with undead boost.
Custom bogeymen. Nice. I take non-civ custom bogeymen work fine as well and spawn alongside random-genned bogeymen when you go out alone?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

lost viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 19, 2014, 04:07:57 pm »

hello, i am having quite the headache with one of my modded creatures. i made it a playable race, like its predecessor, the creature it self and its entity file seem to be in order to me, however unlike its predecessor, when i try to go the the creatures thoughts and preferences my game crashes. i can not find the reason for is so may i ask what commonly causes the game to crash when trying to look at said screen so i know where to look in my creature/ my creature's entity file.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 247