Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315479 times)

Frock_13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1965 on: January 18, 2015, 01:54:14 am »

Ok, thanks for the quick reply! Also, how do you set up ways to create things in adventure mode?

Frock_13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: January 18, 2015, 02:10:41 am »

Nevermind, figured it out.

Urist_McDagger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: January 18, 2015, 06:47:48 am »

Is there a way to remove pieces of equipment getting worn when you decorate them?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: January 18, 2015, 08:01:21 am »

Ok, thanks for the quick reply! Also, how do you set up ways to create things in adventure mode?
You can get examples for ADV mode decoraction and crafting here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140950.0

Is there a way to remove pieces of equipment getting worn when you decorate them?
Do you mean you want to make equipped items to be used in reactions? That won't work, items should be on the ground/in stockpile.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: January 18, 2015, 04:09:48 pm »

Well, my epic struggle against "civilization placed with no crops" goes on.

I've taken out all my races but one (no rejections), then added a cave race. They didn't have any non-sentient castes, and they were using the following crop tags:

[INDOOR_FARMING]
[OUTDOOR_FARMING]
[INDOOR_GADENS]
[INDOOR_ORCHARDS]

They were causing rejections.

I've added all the remaining outdoor tags to them, and there were no rejections.

So... What actually causes this? It can't be the lack of edible underground plants. I have those. One is edible raw:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There are also other underground plants that are either edible_cooked, or have edible growths. And even then, they had outdoor farming previously!
I'm kind of unsure.

Vanilla dorfs have indoor_farming, indoor_gardens and outdoor_gardens. I have as many (actually more) edible underground plants as vanilla does. What, do they also survive on the outdoor gardens???

[upd] Well, no... they survive without the outdoor gardens. Now I'm only more confused.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 04:21:49 pm by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: January 19, 2015, 02:24:31 am »

So, from my understanding, it's because my underground crops are somehow unsuitable for the worldgen's crop calculation.

Again, it's... weird. In vanilla, there's just the one plant that is edible raw or cooked (plump helmet) and one with edible growths (quary bush) and a couple extracts/mills. I have as many or more (well, one edible raw, more cooked, three with growths). Why won't it work, then?

Actually, here are my plants.

Urist_McDagger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: January 19, 2015, 04:09:26 am »

Do you mean you want to make equipped items to be used in reactions? That won't work, items should be on the ground/in stockpile.

No. If you decorate an iron helmet with, say, an elephants tusk's, that piece of armour now shows wear (xIron Helmetx/xxIron Helmetxx) similar to a pair of socks that a dwarf has had for too long. Is there a way to remove that from happening?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: January 19, 2015, 04:38:53 am »

No, it shows up as «Iron Helmet»

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: January 19, 2015, 03:38:34 pm »

Question - can [SOIL] be used with [SOIL_OCEAN] and have it appear properly in both locations?
I'm making a hypersimplified version so raw changes are more Fun.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: January 19, 2015, 04:21:46 pm »

Well, I tried simplifying it down to just one generic 'soil' as a test. There was nothing in the errorlog, and the game didn't outright explode, so there is that.

But when I embarked on an ocean, some ramps and floors in the water would rapidly shift between different materials.

I think it would be better if others were to test this as well, in case I messed something up.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: January 19, 2015, 04:23:56 pm »

I'll test it once more things are added to my test raws - currently, the only living things are dwarves and goblins, living in a land of Clay, Sand, Stone, and some ores.
I'll mention the ocean soil results once enough exists.

EDIT: On a semi-related note, how exactly do you add interactions to the edible parts of plant fiber?

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust the plump helmet! ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: January 20, 2015, 01:49:23 am »

I have got some question regarding the Growth - Token for Plants. I will take the one of Artichoke as example:

Code: [Select]
        [GROWTH:LEAVES]
[GROWTH_NAME:artichoke leaf:artichoke leaves]
[GROWTH_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:LEAF]
[GROWTH_DENSITY:1000]
[GROWTH_PRINT:0:6:2:0:0:ALL:1]
[GROWTH:HEART]
[GROWTH_NAME:artichoke heart:STP] bud not fruit
[GROWTH_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:HEART]
[GROWTH_TIMING:0:59999]
[GROWTH_PRINT:'%':'%':4:0:1:0:59999:3]
[GROWTH:FLOWERS]
[GROWTH_NAME:artichoke flower:STP]
[GROWTH_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:FLOWER]
[GROWTH_TIMING:60000:119999]
[GROWTH_PRINT:5:5:5:0:1:60000:119999:2]

This one has three growth types (Leaves, Heart and Flowers). I have also seen Buds, Fruit, Pod and Bulb. Which others are possible? Or are they freely nameable, e.g. GROWTH:ROOTS

Growth:Item - What's the NONE referring to?

What does Growth Density do? The higher, the more Leaves on a plant? What are reasonable figures? I have seen nearly everywhere 1000.

What does the final figure of Growth:Print priority do? Does it mean in above example, first grow leaves, then flowers and finally the heart? Can there be the same priority for e.g. all three of them to make them grow at the same time?

One More: What I have read, the first figure of Growth:Print means Overworld-Tile. When it is 0 does it mean, it is invisible? Or does there actually exist a Tile 0?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:02:24 am by Urist McGoombaBrother »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: January 20, 2015, 03:12:58 am »

Growth density is not currently implemented, and does nothing.
This is a shame, because I wanted to make Christmas lights.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: January 20, 2015, 11:17:07 am »

I have got some question regarding the Growth - Token for Plants. I will take the one of Artichoke as example:

This one has three growth types (Leaves, Heart and Flowers). I have also seen Buds, Fruit, Pod and Bulb. Which others are possible? Or are they freely nameable, e.g. GROWTH:ROOTS

Growth:Item - What's the NONE referring to?
Some items in DF have a subtype, but a lot don't.  GROWTH does not have a subtype, so its subtype is always NONE.
What does Growth Density do? The higher, the more Leaves on a plant? What are reasonable figures? I have seen nearly everywhere 1000.
As Japa said, nothing at the moment.  But you can still fiddle with the numbers to future-proof your work.
What does the final figure of Growth:Print priority do? Does it mean in above example, first grow leaves, then flowers and finally the heart? Can there be the same priority for e.g. all three of them to make them grow at the same time?
GROWTH_TIMING is what controls when things appear on the plant.  The GROWTH_PRINT priority seems to control what to display when there would be multiple symbols on a tile.
One More: What I have read, the first figure of Growth:Print means Overworld-Tile. When it is 0 does it mean, it is invisible? Or does there actually exist a Tile 0?
Not sure, but I think the difference of overworld vs. item is how it appears on the plant vs. when it is its own item (fallen to the ground, etc.).  Generically, character 0 is NUL and wouldn't be printed.  DF might print the top-left image of the tile-set, which is usually a fully transparent blank cell.  So it may or may not actually print, and you wouldn't know the difference without modding your tileset.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:20:09 am by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: January 20, 2015, 07:54:52 pm »

When editing tool files, is it possible to have more than one TOOL_USE? And is it disastrous to not fill out every possible use?
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 247