Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315522 times)

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2130 on: February 09, 2015, 08:38:50 am »

Since I've been modding again, the game has been crashing.  A lot.  Like 50% of worldgens and embarks.  Nothing about it in errorlog, and mods seem to be working as intended.

I'll have to do some detective work, but does anyone have any ideas?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2131 on: February 09, 2015, 09:01:18 am »

Since I've been modding again, the game has been crashing.  A lot.  Like 50% of worldgens and embarks.  Nothing about it in errorlog, and mods seem to be working as intended.

I'll have to do some detective work, but does anyone have any ideas?
Without you posting the mod, no one can help you. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: February 09, 2015, 09:07:41 am »

Did you make a creature with too much descriptors?  These crash the game sometimes when it tries to generate too much population.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: February 09, 2015, 01:07:33 pm »

This responds to multiple posts and each response is spoilered for length

And how to change this code to actually poison dwarves, when working with this material. I set it so that arsenic weapons and other metallic materials can be created. So you can trap e.g. goblins in toxic arsenic cages or shoot at them with toxic arsenic bolts. Full code of arsenic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Using the latest 0.40.24 starter pack, with Phoebus tileset. With my own custom color scheme which has the strange effect of turning Vomit cyan, despite green being green in my color scheme, for some reason it changes vomit to cyan.

Could anyone help me locate or change the color of Vomit via the raws?  ::) (what a glorious thing to bother modding, isnt it?)
I'd also like to change the Cherry leaves & fruits to PALE_PINK and PINK respectively (the tile "contaminants" that fall on the ground), i tried to, both in displayed_color and state_color, but didnt seem to work (perhaps it doesnt affect savegames, even if said savegames are updated via the launcher?).

Thanks! Been googling "blood raws" and "Dwarf fortress vomit raws/color" for an hour, literally only find disgusting stuff not related to my question, LOL.
Some things are just a bitch to google for, aren't they?  :o

I have a couple of questions:

In order to be able to encrust gems onto weapons, I'd have to create a custom workshop, correct?
With this workshop, can I restrict the types of gems that can be encrusted? For example if I want only Emeralds, Sapphires and Rubies to be encrust-able and gems like diamonds to not be.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: February 09, 2015, 01:12:00 pm »

Well... no, the vanilla jeweler jobs don't leave any room for weapons. It's either items that are finished goods, furniture or ammunition. That's it. With the flags they have, not even falconne's DFHack reaction tweaker GUI can sneak weapons into the task.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: February 09, 2015, 01:16:04 pm »

Well... no, the vanilla jeweler jobs don't leave any room for weapons. It's either items that are finished goods, furniture or ammunition. That's it. With the flags they have, not even falconne's DFHack reaction tweaker GUI can sneak weapons into the task.
Hm. I thought there was a jeweler job that was more or less a 'just encrust a thing'. Most of my gems go into a vault anyway.
Thanks for the info!
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: February 09, 2015, 02:43:39 pm »

The decorate with bone/horn/ivory labors can and will encrust anything, weapons included.  (Oddly, despite much googling I have yet to see anything carved out of a creature's hooves...)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: February 09, 2015, 03:15:49 pm »

Yeah, no. The most I've seen too is like the foot of a deer used to cap off a knife handle or something. There's a reason why whale/elephant ivory is a Thing for scrimshanders despite the difficulty in finding the stuff. There's just enough in a hoof to scrawl a pattern on its surface, but you can't, like, make a pipe out of one.

Urist_McDagger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: February 09, 2015, 06:02:31 pm »

I have a couple of questions:

In order to be able to encrust gems onto weapons, I'd have to create a custom workshop, correct?
With this workshop, can I restrict the types of gems that can be encrusted? For example if I want only Emeralds, Sapphires and Rubies to be encrust-able and gems like diamonds to not be.
Cheers.

Gemsetting doesn't work on weapons. I'm still unsure how to do this though, a new workshop is looking like the only option however.
My best guess would for it would be to reforge the weapon into a new one using the base weapon and the gem as material so it turns into something like <iron battle axe>+<ruby>=<upgraded iron battle axe>. I am not that accustomed to the raws yet though, and this could prove to be an impossibility.

Edit: Also, encrusting was a bad choice of words. What I wanted to do was more like combine a weapon with a gem and end up with a new weapon.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:09:56 pm by Urist_McDagger »

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust the plump helmet! ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: February 10, 2015, 12:51:55 am »

And how to change this code to actually poison dwarves, when working with this material. I set it so that arsenic weapons and other metallic materials can be created. So you can trap e.g. goblins in toxic arsenic cages or shoot at them with toxic arsenic bolts. Full code of arsenic:
I think SYN_CONTACT only really activates when something is coated in a substance. Like how walking through water, blood, or pus can coat your feet in the substance.
So the only way aside from DFHack witchery is probably to have it only usable in a custom workshop with one of the products being poisonous boiling stone.[/spoiler]

Thx for your response. Probably a future update of DF will allow those kind of things.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: February 10, 2015, 05:17:37 am »

It's not that hard to do. :p

Like he said, just make a material with a really low boiling point and have it create that material when it spawns. Big cloud of poisonous dust, dead dwarves.

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: February 10, 2015, 09:38:54 am »

Cant believe vomit color is hardcoded. So pissed off right now. Cyan vomit.  :P :P :P
Rich world problems. Except, DF is free and not region locked, so I guess this makes it a global international problem.
I'll submit this issue to the UN and ASEAN councils at once.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: February 12, 2015, 11:45:46 am »

Something weird happened to at least some of my plants in 40.24. They just disappear when they're harvested.

They have the same code as used in previous versions, as do their materials.

They DON'T disappear if I just summon some with DFHack, only if they're harvested from a plot.

They also can't be harvested from the ground (the shrub doesn't get selected).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:10:42 pm by Valikdu »

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: February 12, 2015, 01:31:03 pm »

If a civilized creature is mortal and lacks [MALE]+[FEMALE] tags, will its civilization die out during world gen?
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: February 12, 2015, 01:42:21 pm »

If a civilized creature is mortal and lacks [MALE]+[FEMALE] tags, will its civilization die out during world gen?
I would also like to know this, I would like demons to die out in worldgen
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 247