Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 317660 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2145 on: February 12, 2015, 01:50:01 pm »

Something weird happened to at least some of my plants in 40.24. They just disappear when they're harvested.

They have the same code as used in previous versions, as do their materials.

They DON'T disappear if I just summon some with DFHack, only if they're harvested from a plot.

They also can't be harvested from the ground (the shrub doesn't get selected).

Answer: apparently, the basic mat needs to have material reaction product tags or edible tags in order for the plant item to exist.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: February 12, 2015, 01:55:23 pm »

Makes sense, sorta. You don't get your herbalists pulling out every inedible and worthless tuft of grass, either.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: February 12, 2015, 05:00:39 pm »

If a civilized creature is mortal and lacks [MALE]+[FEMALE] tags, will its civilization die out during world gen?

It will not spawn at all.

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: February 12, 2015, 10:36:03 pm »

I am trying to modify the "all races playable" mod where elves can grow any seeds into generic wood. I want to make only the seeds of trees with wood growable, and have them grow into their respective woods. However, I don't want to put the [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT] on almost all tree seeds.

Can I successfully put [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:GROWN_WOOD:WOOD] into the seed material template? Will plant seeds without a wood material be selected for the reaction?
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: February 13, 2015, 01:02:56 pm »

This responds to multiple posts and each response is spoilered for length

And how to change this code to actually poison dwarves, when working with this material. I set it so that arsenic weapons and other metallic materials can be created. So you can trap e.g. goblins in toxic arsenic cages or shoot at them with toxic arsenic bolts. Full code of arsenic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Using the latest 0.40.24 starter pack, with Phoebus tileset. With my own custom color scheme which has the strange effect of turning Vomit cyan, despite green being green in my color scheme, for some reason it changes vomit to cyan.

Could anyone help me locate or change the color of Vomit via the raws?  ::) (what a glorious thing to bother modding, isnt it?)
I'd also like to change the Cherry leaves & fruits to PALE_PINK and PINK respectively (the tile "contaminants" that fall on the ground), i tried to, both in displayed_color and state_color, but didnt seem to work (perhaps it doesnt affect savegames, even if said savegames are updated via the launcher?).

Thanks! Been googling "blood raws" and "Dwarf fortress vomit raws/color" for an hour, literally only find disgusting stuff not related to my question, LOL.
Some things are just a bitch to google for, aren't they?  :o

I have a couple of questions:

In order to be able to encrust gems onto weapons, I'd have to create a custom workshop, correct?
With this workshop, can I restrict the types of gems that can be encrusted? For example if I want only Emeralds, Sapphires and Rubies to be encrust-able and gems like diamonds to not be.

Is it possible to use dfhack with twbt overrides to change the vomit color?
Something along the lines of;
[OVERRIDE:WhateverTileWaterIs:T::VOMIT:1:WhateverTileWaterIs:ForegroundColor:BackgroundColor:]

1. Should it work with T as the type, or M for material? Or C for contaminant?
2. What is the tile number for water anyway (phoebus)? The raws dont show it under Blood etc.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: February 14, 2015, 03:30:12 am »

When I change the game version from 0.40.19 to 0.40.24, I start getting undefined foo material set to default. What does this mean?

Spoiler: Errorlog (click to show/hide)
I do stuff, I guess

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: February 14, 2015, 05:10:13 am »

When I change the game version from 0.40.19 to 0.40.24, I start getting undefined foo material set to default. What does this mean?

Spoiler: Errorlog (click to show/hide)

The error is old, but the report is new.

Tissues are trying to reference materials that don't exist. It is likely caused by giving materials odd ids, like naming fluffy wambler fat PUDGE. Tissue materials are called in the templates, not the creatures themselves, so there must be a universal material id.

I don't know why your reactions are throwing an error, but it is probably related.

Edit: Unrelated question - What is the [DIM]ension of a chunk of water, such as that found in a minecart? I have found 3 possible answers - 60 (dividing adjusted capacity by 833), 150 (standard size), and 600 (dividing raw capacity by 833).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 05:44:58 am by Zarathustra30 »
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: February 15, 2015, 08:46:13 pm »

What is the size of the sand stored in a bag after it's gathered by a dwarf?
I don't think it's the 150 of a bar but I can't be sure.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: February 15, 2015, 10:46:32 pm »

What is the size of the sand stored in a bag after it's gathered by a dwarf?
I don't think it's the 150 of a bar but I can't be sure.

I think it is a POWDER_MISC item, and if so it would be 150. Not entirely certain on that though.

fomori

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: February 17, 2015, 11:44:52 am »

Hey.

I'm new to DF2014...well, I downloaded it way back but haven't really played in earnest until recently. Anyway, I'm messing with magic. In order to learn a secret in worldgen, a creature must have a goal. Last edition the only viable goal was immortality, but now there's a lot...however, wiki says that only IS_SECRET_GOAL: IMMORTALITY will actually work in world generation. Is there a way around that?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: February 17, 2015, 02:53:19 pm »

Nope, if there were the wiki would say there is.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: February 17, 2015, 02:58:16 pm »

There's a bunch of tragic incomplete doorway outlines that lead nowhere in the raws. You know the obscure ITEMSPECIFIC item improvement? That's used for exactly one thing. It gives a bucket a fancy handle made from %material%. You can see it if you decorate a bucket with something hard, like bones or shells.

fomori

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: February 17, 2015, 03:15:19 pm »

Ah well. It was a long shot. Nevermind, I'm sure the world can handle immortal wizards.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: February 18, 2015, 12:44:56 pm »

I don't think it does, but does Dwarf Fortress have an ø symbol?
I can't check since I'm currently in a position where I can't check the wiki or run a test in-game.
I'm making something brütal.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: February 18, 2015, 12:56:49 pm »

That specific character doesn't exist in DF. Depending on what you want to create, there is Φ , Θ , φ , ô , ö , ò , ó , or Ö .
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 247