Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 112457 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #150 on: November 05, 2014, 01:25:41 pm »

Museum II is brutal!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2014, 02:02:27 pm »

Museum II is brutal!

It is. Out of nine adventurers only one survived, the others all died very fast, to rather mundane enemies.
I only survived because I basically ran away from anything that seemed remotely dangerous. I was lucky too that some of my adversaries were suffering from broken morale (which may have been fixed since).

I think it would be a good time to evaluate the options here. We could move the allowable starting level for adventurers up to demigod... but that might be overkill. We could do it and have another evaluation moment, after player 20 for example, to see how it turns out.
By that time things might have changed in-game (necromancer books or other benefits might be available at the museum for example, or a patch might have made things easier). We could also wait a bit longer or we could decide that the difficulty level is fine, after all we're moving through the turn list fast now :-)

So what do people think? 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:10:54 pm by Bralbaard »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 05, 2014, 02:53:22 pm »

Museum II is brutal!

It is. Out of nine adventurers only one survived, the others all died very fast, to rather mundane enemies.
I only survived because I basically ran away from anything that seemed remotely dangerous. I was lucky too that some of my adversaries were suffering from broken morale (which may have been fixed since).

I think it would be a good time to evaluate the options here. We could move the allowable starting level for adventurers up to demigod... but that might be overkill. We could do it and have another evaluation moment, after player 20 for example, to see how it turns out.
By that time things might have changed in-game (necromancer books or other benefits might be available at the museum for example, or a patch might have made things easier). We could also wait a bit longer or we could decide that the difficulty level is fine, after all we're moving through the turn list fast now :-)

So what do people think?

I think we stay at hero and peasant. I think people arn't careful enough and training skills

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2014, 04:24:12 am »

Adventure mode has changed so much that it is still something to learn.

I've really struggled to get into it.

I am sure things will improve with time.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2014, 05:18:36 am »

I say keep it at peasant or hero - the world is a much more real simulation of why we don't have heroes running around all the time.  I like it.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2014, 04:43:58 pm »

The matter is simple: we have yet to learn to exploit the new system properly. With time we shall find more success. For now, die hilariously and tell us all about it!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2014, 12:13:31 pm »

Museum II is brutal!

So what do people think?

I think we stay at hero and peasant. I think people arn't careful enough and training skills

Not necessarily; what happened to my adventurer during her blackout was a pretty stringent training regimen involving swimming, sneaking, wrestling and beating up cavern animals, and more. I just figured it would be boring, so I left it out. Undead will just kill you very, very dead now. That said, I'm cool to keep it at hero/peasant. A world this evil should be difficult to survive in.

Maybe it would be a good idea to build a series of bastions in the evil lands near the museum...(she said, carefully not mentioning her barely-started Arctic holdfast far, far away from those evil lands). That would at least help adventurers find some shelter when trying to cross them.

By the way, Bralbaard, would it be alright to sign up for another turn at the end of the list?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2014, 02:08:24 pm »

I've added you to the list.

We'll keep the starting level at hero/peasant.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2014, 11:17:25 am »

Been messing around in the save and the new quest menu is horrible. Good god its so hard to get info on where to go for a quest now.

Been messing around in an elven retreat breaking my bones jumping from tree to tree.

Edit: PS don't start on an island its suffering
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:38:44 am by Kromgar »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2014, 04:58:34 pm »

The new quest interface reminds me of something from a text MUD.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2014, 11:43:22 pm »

Guys. I found out how to win Dwarf Fortress 2014. I'll be bringing you guys a dragon corpse for the museum mwahahahahahaha.

My first actually surviving character has just slain a Dragon in two hits. Without help from my drunk companion who fled from the dragon in fear. Technically I could have slain it...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pommels are hell
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:54:47 pm by Kromgar »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2014, 12:42:21 am »

That looks like a lot more than two hits. What did you do, throw it off a cliff?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2014, 01:02:12 am »

That looks like a lot more than two hits. What did you do, throw it off a cliff?
Multiattack combos?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2014, 01:55:37 am »

Got it while it was flying, then punched it's head as it fell down, I'm betting.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2014, 08:12:10 am »

Got it while it was flying, then punched it's head as it fell down, I'm betting.
Dragons can't fly, though. Maybe it was up a tree or something?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39