Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 457774 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: [<< DAII: War&Mythos >>] Vanilla + Horror [42.06][R3] [Start Pack]
« Reply #510 on: March 13, 2016, 10:54:56 pm »

Are there any invaders/sieges, mosters which absolutely require a certain population to trigger? Just I prefer to keep my population around 60 to preserve high fps and don't want to miss out on the fun.

You should still get all the sieges, but there are quite a few monsters/mega-beasts that trigger off higher populations. Some you will probably encounter anyway, mainly as they cross your particular area of the map.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 14, 2016, 03:04:45 am »

You should still get all the sieges, but there are quite a few monsters/mega-beasts that trigger off higher populations. Some you will probably encounter anyway, mainly as they cross your particular area of the map.
Is it possible for those monsters  to be changed at some point in the future to also trigger off something like exported wealth so that those who enjoy high fps can also have some fun!! with them?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 07:19:24 am by Purdurabo »

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 14, 2016, 10:11:53 am »

Just started a game and this is really a fantastic mod which I can see myself having tons of fun with .

But one thing I noticed is that blood helmet men and living statues seem entirely too cheap on embark  for their usefulness. 11 and 23 points for what are basically dwarfs with a 50% learning disability. They are immensely more useful than a horse for 1/5th to 1/10th the cost.

Also is it possible for me to create living statues? Just I noticed that they can use shields and weapons(can they use armour?) and I kinda love the idea of a stone golem army:)

I have also noticed a ton of towers on the map so are they all necromancer towers?

Could you possibly also give me a quick rundown on firearms? I am unsure what the firelock is and how to load a cartridge, it says i need a b-containing bag. I also managed to make 2 arquebus but now it says i need a "tool" to make any more, it does not specify what tool.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:55:37 pm by Purdurabo »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 14, 2016, 02:02:47 pm »

Just started a game and this is really a fantastic mod which I can see myself having tons of fun with .

But one thing I noticed is that blood helmets and living statues seem entirely too cheap on embark  for their usefulness. 11 and 23 points for what are basically dwarfs with a 50% learning disability. They are immensely more useful than a horse for 1/5th to 1/10th the cost.

Also is it possible for me to create living statues? Just I noticed that they can use shields and weapons(can they use armour?) and I kinda love the idea of a stone golem army:)

I have also noticed a ton of towers on the map so are they all necromancer towers?
not really just necromancy given Dark ages 2 has ... loads of secrets and schools of wizardry, and Civs.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Ariachus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 14, 2016, 02:10:28 pm »

TLDR: gui launcher is screwing my save when I try to change graphics pack. Solution make sure you have preferred graphics pack selected when genning world, however may have missing content. For this reason I suggest phoebus or spacefox b/c loss of one glossable rock less significant than loss of creature(s) or scroll roller items for libraries.

As an extension to my previous post. The game I have been playing still has some issues. I am playing in the spacefox tileset
1. I was unable to blood helmets as plant seed and have not been able to request them through the caravan. It is possible regarding inability to request that my civ simply has no access. However they are listed as a legitimate crop in my farms I simply have no spawn.
2. I do have access to some of the stones I know are required for Mythos intractions ie brimstone are available to me but i think that those are in df vanilla too. I still have access to all buildings/reactions thus I would guess the issue is purely in the addition of the one stone type and in the item_raw folder.

I hope this was helpful I love what you are doing and anticipate many hours even in a slightly more limited Mythos

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 14, 2016, 06:44:29 pm »

Is it possible for those monsters  to be changed at some point in the future to also trigger off something like exported wealth so that those who enjoy high fps can also have some fun!! with them?

Most will be triggered by exported wealth. The "world enders" come around the 1-million marker.

TLDR: gui launcher is screwing my save when I try to change graphics pack. Solution make sure you have preferred graphics pack selected when genning world, however may have missing content. For this reason I suggest phoebus or spacefox b/c loss of one glossable rock less significant than loss of creature(s) or scroll roller items for libraries.

As an extension to my previous post. The game I have been playing still has some issues. I am playing in the spacefox tileset
1. I was unable to blood helmets as plant seed and have not been able to request them through the caravan. It is possible regarding inability to request that my civ simply has no access. However they are listed as a legitimate crop in my farms I simply have no spawn.
2. I do have access to some of the stones I know are required for Mythos intractions ie brimstone are available to me but i think that those are in df vanilla too. I still have access to all buildings/reactions thus I would guess the issue is purely in the addition of the one stone type and in the item_raw folder.

I hope this was helpful I love what you are doing and anticipate many hours even in a slightly more limited Mythos

Brimstone is more common in Dark Ages, there are no other changes to mineral raws -but this should be working as intended.

Blood Helmets use "spores" instead of "spawn" that cannot be eaten or cooked, but they should also be working correctly, if your civs have access to them.

To quick fix the big issue (for now), copy and paste the "item_tools" raw from a (pristine) Spacefox graphics folder into your saved game raws. You shouldn't need to gen a new world that way.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:58:57 pm by Rammok »

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 14, 2016, 07:49:29 pm »

Ahh that is perfect.

Does anybody know what tool I need to make an arquebus ? The gunshop shows I have everything to make one except "TOOL". I have no clue what tool it needs.

also how do I load a cartridge? It says I am missing "B-containing bag". What is a B-containing bag?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 15, 2016, 05:49:42 am »

so uhh you can't make wooden items with out a ladle, which can't be crafted in adventure mode reactions. though this might be a wanderer mod issue.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 15, 2016, 09:32:23 am »

Found a bug in fortress mode. I can't make gunpowder. It will take the brimstone and empty bag, go to the alchemist and do the job but it ends up in an empty bag being produced. If i start with a bag of gunpowder I can make as many cartidges as I want off one bag(well I made about 20 cartridges so far off one gunpowder bag bag) but I can't make one. same with firestones. Made about 2 dozen of them but it takes the metal bar and produces nothing at all.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 15, 2016, 11:22:29 am »

so uhh you can't make wooden items with out a ladle, which can't be crafted in adventure mode reactions. though this might be a wanderer mod issue.

Dark Ages doesn't include 100% of the Wanders mod, so I will see about locating that wooden ladle.

Found a bug in fortress mode. I can't make gunpowder. It will take the brimstone and empty bag, go to the alchemist and do the job but it ends up in an empty bag being produced. If i start with a bag of gunpowder I can make as many cartidges as I want off one bag(well I made about 20 cartridges so far off one gunpowder bag bag) but I can't make one. same with firestones. Made about 2 dozen of them but it takes the metal bar and produces nothing at all.

Thank you for the report. It looks like Firelocks were omitted from the raws at some point, which are required to make an Arquebus in Fort mode. I don't see what is going wrong with gunpowder though, so I will need to take a closer look at that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The new Starter Pack is out now, so it's a good time to report any other issues or suggestions for [R4].
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 05:32:06 pm by Rammok »

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 16, 2016, 06:20:59 pm »

It seems as if your mod is missing being able to build a bookcase at any of the workshops. Same with scroll rollers and bookbindings.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:31:42 pm by Purdurabo »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #521 on: March 16, 2016, 09:19:42 pm »

It seems as if your mod is missing being able to build a bookcase at any of the workshops. Same with scroll rollers and bookbindings.

It's in there, but I think you will need to use default settings in Ironhand. Graphic pack switching will be the big fix for [R4].

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[<< DAII: War&Mythos >>] Vanilla + Horror [42.06][R3] [Start Pack]
« Reply #522 on: March 18, 2016, 11:03:10 am »

FYI: This is usually a jinx, but I do plan to release [R4] later tonight.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 11:27:33 am by Rammok »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: [<< DAII: War&Mythos >>] Vanilla + Horror [42.06][R4a] [Start Pack]
« Reply #523 on: March 19, 2016, 09:18:54 am »

Dark Ages II: War & Mythos [R4a] released!
Download: http://adventrpg.com/warandmyth.html

-Fixed and fused with PeridexisErrant Starter Pack! Enjoy.

[R4a] Start Pack:
Download (99MB) 
DFHack not required.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:28:14 am by GM-X »

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [<< DAII: War&Mythos >>] Vanilla + Horror [42.06][R4] [Start Pack]
« Reply #524 on: March 19, 2016, 09:19:55 am »

I am not sure if this is intentional but the legendary dwarfs never get any of the strange moods for crafting. In my last game I thought it might be due to the same bug that stopped me building bookcases so I did a completely new install to play on and still 3 years into the game with a population of 60 and not a single strange mood.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 92