Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 170803 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #300 on: October 15, 2014, 02:45:22 pm »

"Well, Tek guesses that two of the four people on watch could stay on the same side of the host, and remain stationary while pointing their light lamps at the host at the maximum safe strength. That would still create shadows, but the only shadows the host would cast would be pointing away from the group.  Of course we would only have to do this during the mornings and evenings as long as we observe the Eater's shadow during the day, which should move quite predictably at that time.

Did anyone bring more powerful external lights?  It would probably be better if the host couldn't cast any shadows at all."
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 05:55:42 pm by Nunzillor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 15, 2014, 02:55:19 pm »

Well, that train of thought led to a load of bollocks.

Try to consciously resist the heat with an effort of will. Shouldn't be difficult if such an effort is applicable, given my lack of attachment to modes of inefficient thought.

Also, try turning on the suit lights and pointing them at the Eater of Cold at all times.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:44:40 pm by Harry Baldman »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 15, 2014, 02:59:19 pm »

"Right, I'll join you on watch Chin. Anyone with cameyes, set them to thermal. It's gonna get cold, and anything hot is gonna be trouble. Just remember to flick back once in a while. Assuming that everything here gives off body heat is going to get us into trouble. Hrmmm. Steve, how hot does it get inside a Mk1 when the heat exchange is broken, or disabled?"

Keep an eye out around the camp, and beyond.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 15, 2014, 03:00:50 pm »

"Yeah, I was about to start heating her anyways"  Turn on gun, procede to heat eater of cold
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 15, 2014, 05:22:37 pm »

Set Raduga to wide angle microwave, low power (maybe around 10% or so), and keep her warm.
((10% power on the Raduga is almost certainly NOT "warm", even on widest diffusion. It's a Gaiss cannon equivalent (but lasers) more or less. Also, why not plain ol' infrared heat ray?))
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 15, 2014, 05:56:13 pm »

Cecil eyeballs the rocks. The evil, evil rocks. They look like they need a good punching.

What kind of evils do these rocks want to commit? Does it feel like they want to hinder us?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 15, 2014, 06:58:17 pm »

"I'll take first watch as well. The next bugger can borrow my laser and backpack to keep her warm afterwards. It's got a dial on it. Don't turn the damn thing up unless you want to punch a hole in her. I've got plenty of stuff that'll do that anyway.

Temp-boy. Keep singing out those readings so we know if she's getting too cold."

Sambo turns on his suit lights and stands on the other side of the woman from the Chief, so no shadows are cast (or at least, his lights will nullify the shadows cast by her's). He stands out of the way of the raduga beam though. He keeps his laser rifle pointed at the woman, but doesn't fire it yet.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 07:04:00 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 15, 2014, 06:59:11 pm »

Set Raduga to wide angle microwave, low power (maybe around 10% or so), and keep her warm.
((10% power on the Raduga is almost certainly NOT "warm", even on widest diffusion. It's a Gaiss cannon equivalent (but lasers) more or less. Also, why not plain ol' infrared heat ray?))
((Edited. Thanks.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2014, 08:39:40 pm »

"Right, I'll join you on watch Chin. Anyone with cameyes, set them to thermal. It's gonna get cold, and anything hot is gonna be trouble. Just remember to flick back once in a while. Assuming that everything here gives off body heat is going to get us into trouble. Hrmmm. Steve, how hot does it get inside a Mk1 when the heat exchange is broken, or disabled?"

Keep an eye out around the camp, and beyond.
((Already answered by PW at some point; without the heat exchange you will boil yourself to death with your own body heat))

"If anyone has some sort of laser heating device that can run for the whole night I can just lock my joins on the exoskeleton and sleep in it"

if given such a device lay down in relatively comfortable position and lock joints so that the woman is heated then go to sleep, otherwise keep watch as required
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 15, 2014, 08:43:35 pm »

((Already answered by PW at some point; without the heat exchange you will boil yourself to death with your own body heat))

((So could we shove her in one of those?))

Nunzillor

« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2014, 10:39:36 pm »

((I think it was mentioned before, but no one was willing to give up their suit...))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2014, 12:00:03 am »

"I'd say it might get pretty damn nippy at night compared to now, so we might have to up the temperate a bit later on. If you want to try it after my watch, this rifle might be good for it. Might have to move closer rather than fiddling with the power dial to turn up the temp though. This generator ain't great."
It's a game. Have fun.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2014, 03:43:59 pm »

((I think it was mentioned before, but no one was willing to give up their suit...))
((Also it could kill her as she is still vunerable to damage as the sunburn shows so it may not be the best idea))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2014, 04:37:01 pm »

Help build fires (on different sides of the Eater, so that they cast less/weaker/shadows). Also seperate our motley crew into 2 about-equal watch shifts, if there are no objections. Finally, try to determine how much fuel we have for the fires.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2014, 05:37:46 pm »

Help build fires (on different sides of the Eater, so that they cast less/weaker/shadows). Also seperate our motley crew into 2 about-equal watch shifts, if there are no objections. Finally, try to determine how much fuel we have for the fires.
((Building them on different sides will just add more directions of shadow. I would suggest building a semi-circle of fires with the fire side towards us, so that more shadows are going away from us.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 89