Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: [Released] Dwarf Fortress Remote for iOS  (Read 126319 times)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Work in progress] Dwarf Fortress Remote for iOS
« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2015, 12:34:32 pm »

What versions of ios will this be available for?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2015, 11:52:43 pm »

What versions of ios will this be available for?

I was planning to support iOS 7 but now when iOS 9 is out, there's even no iOS 7 simulator in latest dev tools, so I probably will support iOS 8-9 only unless I find an easy way to test it on iOS 7.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2015, 12:58:50 pm »

Please support 7. I really want to play it, and my phone can't run anything newer.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2015, 04:27:15 pm »

Classic apple bs...

Edit...I mean not making it easy to support older versions...not anything mifki has done
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:30:13 pm by funkydwarf »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2015, 07:38:24 pm »

How goes? Last blog update was Nov 13. Still alive?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2015, 05:09:14 am »

How goes? Last blog update was Nov 13. Still alive?

Sure. Testing and implementing last stuff that needs to be in the first release (justice screen at the moment). As planned, going to release this month, but App Store traditionally doesn't accept new apps and updates during Christmas period, so maybe it will be right after that.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2015, 10:53:08 am »

Will it be free? Because as much as I love DF I physically cannot pay for it. I have no credit card and cannot rely on getting a gift card for xmas, much less an App Store/iTunes one
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2015, 07:29:47 am »

There be hype

cryzed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2015, 07:07:31 pm »

Could the backend be used to speak to it from other interfaces too? Including, for example, a website with JavaScript? This would open the gate for a generally more user-friendly interface for Dwarf Fortress, playable in the browser.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2015, 07:27:09 pm »

raw changes are sent to server and applied in memory

Now I really, really want to run graphics packs through DFHack only, and avoid all of the incompatibilities and save issues that come with constantly changing the raws...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2015, 07:56:44 pm »

You know, I never really thought much about patching the in-memory raws with tileset information, but there is no reason why you can't...

The only possible problem would be if the game does not immediately reflect changes made this way, it would need testing.

If it worked then I could make a script to load tile settings from BAMM or Rubble tileset descriptions, which if paired with a plugin to refresh the render and reload the fonts, would allow live tileset switching in the base game.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2015, 08:27:39 pm »

Now I really, really want to run graphics packs through DFHack only, and avoid all of the incompatibilities and save issues that come with constantly changing the raws...

As I remember, there is a difficulty with unloading old texture before loading a new tileset. Specifically, it's easy to delete entire texture, but then you need to reload creature graphics and that function isn't easily accessible. Of course it's doable, but raw patching isn't the most difficult part. I thought nobody done that mostly for other reasons like compatibility between dfhack/non-dfhack saves - being able to switch tilesets in-game and eliminate saves patching would be very cool.

Ah yes, and you either need to have a plugin that would reload tileset - it's not a problem, but if TWBT is used, then not that plugin but TWBT should do the reload to load its tilesets. Or it can be a TWBT-only feature but that's not very good. So there are things to discuss here.

Now I have a Node.js script to extract tile information from raws and a Lua script to apply it. I'll publish them soon.

Could the backend be used to speak to it from other interfaces too? Including, for example, a website with JavaScript? This would open the gate for a generally more user-friendly interface for Dwarf Fortress, playable in the browser.

Sure.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2015, 08:28:30 pm »

Will it be free? Because as much as I love DF I physically cannot pay for it. I have no credit card and cannot rely on getting a gift card for xmas, much less an App Store/iTunes one

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2015, 08:32:03 pm »

Well, it's hard to believe you have an iPhone but no paid apps on it at all. But if it is so, I'll send you a code for the app.
No, others please don't ask.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22