Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 443530 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Starbound - Caveat emptor
« Reply #1350 on: August 02, 2016, 06:46:31 pm »

Honestly, I really want a Terraria-like/Minecraft-but with functioning elevators. Maybe automated mining, too, which is another one of those weird things about Starbound's flavor.
Right? You have spaceships and lasers and teleporters but drills? Yeah fuck no. No drills. No big industrial machines of any kind.

I wanna make a customized industrial walker with upgradable drills and storage containers ffs we're playing science fiction

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 02, 2016, 07:03:21 pm »

Hey I think I just found a new biome. Not a mini biome, but a planet biome. Around a cold star, there's 3 planets with a 'dark' biome.
Never seen that. On my way there now to check it out.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 02, 2016, 07:08:37 pm »

It's not really new, they were in at least some of the alpha builds.

They're still worth checking out IMHO. I made my first ever colony on a dark world, got a Glitch wearing a plague doctor mask and ruminating on nihilism.

Could always back up your current save folder. If you don't like it, do a fresh install of the game and your current mods and drop the save folder in.
but that's efforrrrrrrrt
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 02, 2016, 07:24:37 pm »

So far it looks like an ice planet, just darker.

Meanwhile, The foundations for my new base at a magma planet it starting to take shape. Farms done. Top floor out of the screenies reach has livestock.
Time to start work on well paying tenants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 02, 2016, 07:31:49 pm »

spent enough time on the desert world of my system to get a good amount of material. got lucky on an oil deposit along with an explorer's lantern so i now have both an EPP and a lantern stick.

now im growing up some cotton for the tier 2 armor and the teddy bear quest. but im running low on tungsten so i'll have to visit again. found plenty of materials underground. but i havent circunvented the planet yet.

im low on silver too, need more for unlocking the double jump mission. and gold for the morphball one.

im planning to expand the base, but i need to do some changes on the terrain first, and dont have enough pixels for buying animals yet.

oh, i caught a voltip too, its some kind of pikachu-like rabbit/pyramid head thing....

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 02, 2016, 08:52:57 pm »

What do you do when you see a Hylotl city for the first time?

Spoiler: Answer (click to show/hide)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 02, 2016, 10:37:01 pm »

dats nasty :c poor fish people..

on the other hand:

i decided to dedicate to the farming business both for the food and for the economics. i leveled the area surrounding the house. got enough space to have two plantations at the sides and a barn for the future livestock.

i also bought the delivery machine from terramart store.

it took quite a bit of work to organize everything but i have several crops right now. including exotic stuff like beakfruit (?), boneboo, pineapple, banana and coffee

i have also built several moth farms for silk. i dont know what to do with that yet, but it sould give some money i guess

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 02, 2016, 10:46:04 pm »

Silk is used to craft every race's tier 3, 4 and 5 armor.
Black lives matter.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 02, 2016, 10:57:20 pm »

Mine shaft drills were in a mod way back when. They went straight down X distance and came back up with everything. It was handy.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 02, 2016, 11:26:53 pm »

If you're trying to make money based on farming, the best way is to make sure you've crafted every possible recipe with the NEW tag, because some of those let you discover more advanced recipes. The best foods in the game come to around 550 pixels retail, so you'll get about 110 pixels per food item sale. I personally like fruit salad (kiwi, banana, grapes, pineapple) because it gives good buffs and you can make overage into ape grapes.

Desert salsa is 616 px per, but requires cactus and coconut in addition to a long list of more feasible things, and I don't think the gain is worth it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 03, 2016, 03:01:29 am »

The best foods in the game come to around 550 pixels retail, so you'll get about 110 pixels per food item sale.
Delivery machine gets much better pixel rates (i think 1/3 instead of standard 1/5). It only works for food stuff, but that's what we use for money, right?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 03, 2016, 04:07:52 am »

The RNG must hate me. I´ve progressed to Solarium by now, my ship has 10 crew members and I have a magma planet base.

BUT. I am not progressing in the main quest. On the few dozen planets I´ve been to, I have yet to find my first Floran  :o

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 03, 2016, 04:14:05 am »

my only complain is the lack of a map and that i cant make a f*cking hellevator for strip mining. i mean, ropes as consumable grappling hooks is cool but there should be a way to make some kind of stair with them.

i have remained relativelly on the surface because of that

Do you need an elevator ? can't you just use your ship's teleporter and flags ?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 03, 2016, 05:23:26 am »

my only complain is the lack of a map and that i cant make a f*cking hellevator for strip mining. i mean, ropes as consumable grappling hooks is cool but there should be a way to make some kind of stair with them.

i have remained relativelly on the surface because of that

Do you need an elevator ? can't you just use your ship's teleporter and flags ?
I just make a hellstaircase. A lot more effort to set up? Yes, sure. But being able to traverse it safely and quickly in either direction is, quite simply, glorious.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 03, 2016, 09:38:50 am »

An apex cook tenant just asked me to build a home for a friend, with 3 pieces of technology in it.

Now I tried making a home with 3 (apex) items with the 'science' tag, but that didn't fullfill the mission requirement.

What exactly is 'technology' then?

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 130