Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What are you doing for Christmas? (2014 edition)  (Read 1887 times)

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What are you doing for Christmas? (2014 edition)
« on: December 24, 2014, 06:34:23 am »

Last year, I asked you how they will spend the Chistmas day.

Today, I want, once more, to ask what you are intending to do on this day, whether it is gathering with family and friends, going outside with friends or any other means to celebrale, along with what you will eat.

Today I intend, as usual, to celebrate at home with my mother my brother and sisters and our friend by eating a meal, and my maternal grand-father will come for the first time, as he is here for medical reasons.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing for Christmas? (2014 edition)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 06:45:58 am »

I haven't been notified, but I believe I'm spending Christmas with either just family or some family friends alongside that, neither of which I have any real connection to, or have a very hard time relating to/communicating with. Thus I'll likely spend the day pretending to be happy and such before in the evening ascending to the shabby cave that is the room I spend most of my time in and peer in at the lives of people I haven't talked with in years so I can get despondent over how happy they are with their social circle, no matter how untrue that may be. I'll then wrestle with these intense feelings of discontentment until I fall asleep late at night, causing me to wake up late in the afternoon the next day to repeat the process.
There's gonna be a variety of cookies my mom baked, and probably some other Christmasy dish.
Overall, fairly average.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 06:49:16 am »

i bought some wine straight outta some rats arse end of germany and may chill with a spirit or two if i find someone amicable

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 07:15:14 am »

Christmas service at eight then 'til nine. Immediate family time until twelve, when we'll join the extended family within the city and have lunch/tea (probably turkey, gammon, three bean salad and potato salad) and spend the afternoon. Then we come home, and either all read books we got given or play board games.

Pretty standard, really.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 07:29:30 am »

Same thing I do every Christmas, Pinky. Try to take over the World.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 02:51:28 pm »

Feasting and drinking with friends. Some of our parents are coming, so I predict disaster. At least I can hide under the tree.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 03:08:19 pm »

Wake up, restrain self from opening presents. Wait until 2 PM, which is when my stepbrothers arrive. Open presents, poke the contents. If I somehow forgot to give out gifts to my friends what the fuck me go give happy things.
* rabidgam3r vibrates excitedly
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 03:18:08 pm »

Christmas breakfast Christmas breakfast Christmas breakfast

time to eat like a KING

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 04:13:23 pm »

Gaming in the morning, then at noon my parents are collecting me to go through to my brother's house where he's hosting christmas lunch (chicken nuggets and chips :p), then back home for more gaming in the evening.  I think we might be dropping by one of my aunts somewhere along the way too.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 04:33:58 pm »

Nothing.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 04:47:29 pm »

Apparently my mom is having a bunch of people over to our house for Christmas. I thought it was just one friend, but apparently she's expecting her friend, her friend's sister, and something like 4 children and/or grandchildren. Something like 9 people apparently. Our house is small and already packed uncomfortably with a bunch of furniture that makes it hard to get around for just us 3. Can't imagine having 9 more people over.

So I'm probably gonna be holed up in my bedroom until the big huge socializing festival is over and all the strangers I don't know have left the house. Will probably be playing guitar, playing Dwarf Fortress, reading, listening to music, drawing, recording, sleeping, anything to give me something to do besides leaving my room and entering the fustercluck of a living room and meeting new people.

I'm fun at parties.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 04:53:31 pm »

My family's presents arrived early in the mail  while I was the only one home. So I wrapped them and hid them.

I plan on waking up early and hiding them under the tree to catch them by surprise. It will look like a Christmas miracle since they won't know where the presents came from.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 05:00:56 pm »

I'll be sitting around doing pretty much nothing. Maybe nap most of the day.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 05:03:15 pm »

FEVER! Just waiting to do my families tradition of opening presents of Christmas Eve due to how hectic Christmas Day is.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 07:33:10 pm »

Opened presents with everyone this morning (my gifts went down pretty well so far, which is a relief), then later on I'm going to some no-doubt awkward Christmas Dinner where I will give out a couple more gifts and hopefully not receive any from people I haven't bought stuff for.

After that, I can finally relax. Or maybe purge to rid myself of all the huge amounts of horribly fattening food I'm probably gonna eat. :-X
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: [1] 2