Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: XCOM: Long War - Beta 15 Campaign  (Read 55114 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Long War - Beta 15 Campaign
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2015, 10:05:48 pm »

Thanks, Mephansteras.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2015, 01:49:29 am »

@Tiruin: Sure. Dasher fine? We're based in Asia, so you get that immediately at least.
♪~I get to be in the airforce~
And have an aeronautical degree~

Woohoo! \o/

Thanks Meph. :)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2015, 01:42:23 pm »

I wonder if it's worth trying to rush gauss instead of lasers?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2015, 02:18:51 pm »

http://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/2zc9fy/lw_b15_a_cautionary_tale_of_skipping_to_gauss/
Pretty much. It's still possible in long war, but really requires you to min/max some of your other decisions. I'd be kinda hesitant at doing it during a mass-controlled LP.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2015, 07:04:49 pm »

*Pacing back and forth in the Ready Room waiting for shit to go down*
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2015, 08:19:57 pm »

Dont worry we will be ready to go out and eat plasma soon.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2015, 08:28:35 pm »

Yeah, I've got a mission run. Just need to do the write-up once I get a chance.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2015, 09:45:38 am »

I finally gave in last weekend and bought this game, and got another reminder just how crappy my PC is. This LP is pretty much my gameplay experience. I've spent way too much time in the last few days playing the XCOM Long War Slideshow. At least the air game's the only real-time gameplay aspect.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2015, 07:06:46 pm »

How is that write-up coming?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2015, 02:46:46 pm »

Just out of curiosity, how does Long War new XCOM compare to the very first X-com? I've started playing through the originals and was wondering if I should try Long War when I'm done with those.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2015, 02:50:11 pm »

You mean 1994 versus 2012?  I consider it a faithful update logically streamlined to make sense and translate well to modern gaming.  It's a blast to play and plays well.  Unless you're super-hardcore attached to the old system, you'll like the new if you liked the old.

Long War is a mod for the 2012 version, and expands upon it in many new ways.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2015, 02:54:54 pm »

You mean 1994 versus 2012?  I consider it a faithful update logically streamlined to make sense and translate well to modern gaming.  It's a blast to play and plays well.  Unless you're super-hardcore attached to the old system, you'll like the new if you liked the old.

Long War is a mod for the 2012 version, and expands upon it in many new ways.
Cool, I'll try it then. The only things that I miss terribly from the old system are time units, but from what I've seen Long War's movement system is more fluent than vanilla EW.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2015, 02:56:24 pm »

I consider the 2012 action system well balanced and sensible; the change (and many others) also cut out on a lot of micromanagement.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2015, 03:08:00 pm »

I consider the 2012 action system well balanced and sensible; the change (and many others) also cut out on a lot of micromanagement.
Don't get me wrong. I liked the new game, the new time system was just my least favorite aspect. They did make a number of imporvements, gene mods and MECs for example, and controlling one crack-team of supersoldiers as opposed to 20 rookies is pretty cool too, but I just felt that time units allowed much more tactical flexibility than the 2 action turn. With the old system, you could pop out, shoot at an alien, and run back into cover and your ability to react was proportionate to remaining actions, but the new one isn't terrible. At least the cover system was pretty improved, and it wasn't as glitchy as the original (but not by much [/kidding]).
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16