Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3287 3288 [3289] 3290 3291 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5908291 times)

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #49320 on: January 21, 2017, 09:48:52 pm »

Better than having one of the best books in your library be this.

"This is a bismuthinite-bound codex.
The written portion consists of a 126 page manual entitled Can Toxic Substances Save The World? , authored by Nepe Humidwalls. It concerns the classification of toxic substances. The writing could only have been produced by a merciful spirit . Overall, the prose is splendid."

I wish I could read that book.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #49321 on: January 22, 2017, 12:13:06 am »

The written portion consists of a 126 page manual entitled Can Toxic Substances Save The World? , authored by Nepe Humidwalls. It concerns the classification of toxic substances. The writing could only have been produced by a merciful spirit . Overall, the prose is splendid."

It is found in the famed library of "the sewer of pus". Admission is free, assuming you don't get trapped in the physics bending, bloody, river that's filled with stupid visitors and dog pus.

While visiting, feel free to enjoy our tavern. You will be served delicious roasts made of the finest minced seeds. We can provide you anytime you want.

Unless you want to meet with the mayor. Because no one can meet with the mayor. The liaison never talks to him, and the visitors petitions take 2-3 years to get through.
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49322 on: January 22, 2017, 11:06:57 am »

How did it end up bound in bismuthinite anyway?  I rarely get more than a tiny pocket of that with maybe a half dozen units of it.  I usually make bismuth bronze with it.  I would love to have an artifact made of it.

It is found in the famed library of "the sewer of pus". Admission is free, assuming you don't get trapped in the physics bending, bloody, river that's filled with stupid visitors and dog pus.

While visiting, feel free to enjoy our tavern. You will be served delicious roasts made of the finest minced seeds. We can provide you anytime you want.

Unless you want to meet with the mayor. Because no one can meet with the mayor. The liaison never talks to him, and the visitors petitions take 2-3 years to get through.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49323 on: January 22, 2017, 12:17:24 pm »

Are cyclopses just pushovers? I just had a war tiger and five wardogs rip one apart before my militia could reach it.

I believe it depends on how much combat a particular one has seen in its lifetime.

And how much that war-tiger has seen, ouch.

As for myself im just hobbling together a  new fort with my modded raws, im going to TRY and get a merchant guild arrangement with some elves to import some animals. Because i gave the elves military strategist land owner tags on acolytes, they should be going out & scooping up creatures to tame from the environments around as well as within more regularly wherever they put down a major site (1 land owner per market site, as my raws dicatate)

In my last save the elves had some nice creatures ready to agree to import (elephants lions & bears, excellent) so my raw changes seem to be working.

Madrigal

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm polyphonic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49324 on: January 22, 2017, 06:41:57 pm »

So, what are you going to do with your ettin pet? Fortress decoration? Gladiatorial combat once you've got a military? Zany experimentation involving werebeasts? Ceremonial magma offering?

I haven't decided yet! Right now it's sitting in a stockpile surrounded by a dozen emus, which isn't confusing at all... :)

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49325 on: January 22, 2017, 08:57:20 pm »

How did it end up bound in bismuthinite anyway?  I rarely get more than a tiny pocket of that with maybe a half dozen units of it.  I usually make bismuth bronze with it.  I would love to have an artifact made of it.

Oh, I believe I purchased the book. I like to get my hands on any book I can for quality ones like that one.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #49326 on: January 23, 2017, 07:22:48 am »

I play around with custom mods, and i made a race of fire spitting troglodytes... And settled them in the forest. Around spring-ish, a bunch of kea tried to steal my stuff, only for my troglodytes to take exception to that and spit fire at them. Soon after, it was chaos, involving a mushroom person caravan (Don't ask), and an elf seige both getting burned up as fire consumed the land. Then I modded the raws further and now my worlds won't gen so I have to get some help fixing the issues. fun.
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #49327 on: January 23, 2017, 08:13:56 am »

Oh, I believe I purchased the book. I like to get my hands on any book I can for quality ones like that one.

An entrance fee of my sanity is still free.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #49328 on: January 23, 2017, 09:39:17 am »

Sanity's a myth! Were Dwarf Fortress players, we mass-slaughter mermaids for Fun, and throw babies into pets full of angry dogs!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #49329 on: January 23, 2017, 09:42:01 am »

I play around with custom mods, and i made a race of fire spitting troglodytes... And settled them in the forest. Around spring-ish, a bunch of kea tried to steal my stuff, only for my troglodytes to take exception to that and spit fire at them. Soon after, it was chaos, involving a mushroom person caravan (Don't ask), and an elf seige both getting burned up as fire consumed the land. Then I modded the raws further and now my worlds won't gen so I have to get some help fixing the issues. fun.
That's very similar to what happened when I first made my Fire Imp Civilization mod.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #49330 on: January 23, 2017, 09:52:06 am »

That's very similar to what happened when I first made my Fire Imp Civilization mod.

Oh? How similar?

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49331 on: January 23, 2017, 10:03:43 am »

Oh? How similar?

I'm guessing similar in temperature and destruction of nature.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49332 on: January 23, 2017, 10:26:37 am »

Sanity's a myth! Were Dwarf Fortress players, we mass-slaughter mermaids for Fun, and throw babies into pets full of angry dogs!

I could be worse, you could spend 5 hours trying to find a way to drain that river, breeding dogs, overhauling your military, and getting an armorer to mood.

Only for your PC to say "nope".

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49333 on: January 23, 2017, 05:50:51 pm »

So, a friend was testing my torture fort and...eventually things got a bit broken.

It's only took you know, 5 or 6 years before the insanity actually started (happiness is really broken nowadays) but when it starts...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #49334 on: January 23, 2017, 09:11:30 pm »

Well, my dwarves are starving, dehydrating, and otherwise running out of all major necessities.

This is okay, though, because my fort design will be awesome. It's just taking a while to reach the actual workshop part of the design. This is what I have so far:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Your dwarves are dying because you're too focused on building a megafort to worry about things like food and water.

How dwarven.
Pages: 1 ... 3287 3288 [3289] 3290 3291 ... 3838