Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2808 2809 [2810] 2811 2812 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5924976 times)

Raikaria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #42135 on: June 28, 2015, 01:24:54 pm »

I haven't technically breached the caves yet; and I only just hit 50 Dorfs in the last migrant wave. And then I get an Univited Guest; who; with nothing better to do; goes after the local Trogodites...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, provided this thing dosen't make it; I'll proboly open up the caves and reap the meats. I got my bridges and traps in place, and my military is... coming.

Also; I found Hematite. Considering my large reserves of Chalk this means one thing: For the first time ever; I can make Steel.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 01:26:58 pm by Raikaria »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42136 on: June 28, 2015, 02:05:01 pm »

GAAAHH.

My desert fort was supposed to have 2 aquifers.  we found none of them.  We dig to the first cavern.  Its muddied and barren.  And I cant find water in the second cavern, though I did find mushrooms.

I cant appoint a militia captain yet, so Im not sure what to do. :|
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42137 on: June 28, 2015, 02:31:43 pm »

I haven't technically breached the caves yet; and I only just hit 50 Dorfs in the last migrant wave. And then I get an Univited Guest; who; with nothing better to do; goes after the local Trogodites...

Anyway, provided this thing dosen't make it; I'll proboly open up the caves and reap the meats. I got my bridges and traps in place, and my military is... coming.

Also; I found Hematite. Considering my large reserves of Chalk this means one thing: For the first time ever; I can make Steel.

Well, I commend you on being able to develop steel!  Normally, I find myself having problems with the flux stone, and not the iron ore.  (I usually get good iron supply, but not flux stone.)

As for the fortress of Spikebodice, finally getting to dumping the goblin corpses for cremation!  Also, the test troglodyte tested out the platinum 9-fall trap, and to say the least, some individual goblins were naturally with a split mind on this.  (Long story short:  Troggy went splat.)  Time to empty the cages of unwanted stuff!  (Still gonna keep a goblin, troll, and troglodyte for the zoo room.)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42138 on: June 28, 2015, 03:39:03 pm »

My militia commander is sure efficient at killing. Whereas everyone else punches the head once they've decapitated their target, he just cuts their head off. Since the hydra attack, I literally have more heads than bodies on the map.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42139 on: June 28, 2015, 03:42:33 pm »

Do dwarves automatically go to their favourite zoo animal? Otherwise, I may not bother with the fuss of preserving troglodytes from the "happy and ethical" machine.
One wheel short of a wagon

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #42140 on: June 28, 2015, 04:09:47 pm »

What the ...

I knew dwarves were overall idiots, but there i think they went to another level.

On my underground fort i had built 2 wells, that is built over a hole that go down a few Z level, then move and up some Z level to a river, so using the gravity and pressure, my wells are always functionning.

And they were for 5 years , i had build the whole section as a meeting room, so regularly the dwarves make a party there, there's a lot of chairs, some statues and a slab to the 1st death of the fort, it keeps them happy to the usual DF2014 degree of emotion, meaning they're happy to the extreme.

And then i got a message about one of my best mason being found dead.
At first i thought "vampire" , as i have over 140 dwarves by then, and the last migrant wave could have brought one.

But then i found the mason, he was dead drowned in the water under the wells.

That moron for reason that make sense only for dwarves must have jumped into the well and instead of climbing up with the rope, have left himself drowning, maybe having too extreme emotion to even think of surviving.

Here's the guys having a party, you can see the 2 wells

And several Z levels below the well, the suicidal idiot :

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42141 on: June 28, 2015, 05:10:55 pm »

Just had a bismuth segmented breastplate worth 110400 urists made. Most valuable artifact yet, and better than that, "Otilugzol", "Jadegored" deserves its name, as it is almost fatally blingy.

Firstly, look up bismth: trippy as heck when the light catches it right. It has our now-second best artifact, still my fave, the tetrahedrite coffin, "the Perfect Martyr", which was such an important cultural event that my mountainhome sent me T-Shirts with pictures of it, as well as the rise of "Nunore Crypttunneled the Urns of Dusk", a previously unheard of enemy of my civ, witha spooky, stealthy name, and a shadow cronehood to match, as well as spikes, bands, hanging rings and decorations of giant earthworm leather (see Dune, even film by Lynch), shark leather, and loads of cut and uncut emeralds and bismuth. Clearly, the awesomeness of this would blind anyone who faced someone wearing it in battle.
One wheel short of a wagon

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #42142 on: June 28, 2015, 09:03:44 pm »

Cattenegen has survived it's first year. Among the items of note: No one died horribly, despite running out of booze entirely (and with a frozen brook to boot). So the dwarves went nearly the entire winter without anything to drink. I had a still on repeat, but the brewer was ignoring it to go pick flowers. Now the brewer is on full time brewing. Of course we're all but out of food other than hen eggs and egg biscuits.

I even managed to write a page or so noting the dwarves and what happened. Though I'm thinking of doing a spreadsheet...

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #42143 on: June 28, 2015, 09:06:23 pm »

DEATH! The testing of the minecart-tree log trap work! the elven trade caravan was all but taken out! Only 2 remained. One was bleeding heavily out of his head and had both legs broken and was crawling around with one leg. Another managed to dodged right into a pit. He is now used as archery training.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42144 on: June 28, 2015, 09:21:09 pm »

I get distracted from my early fort building to check some migrants, and notice a large amount of the river was covered in blood... I check the reports page and there were 6 reports. 5 of them were Hippos fighting, the 6th was one stray dog. Worried, I check the dead tab and...

5 dead hippos, no dead dog. Wasn't even trained, just some random stray dog killed FIVE hippos all by itself it seems. Could have been all four of my stray dogs due to reports tab being vague, but one of my dogs apparently has 136 strength now, so it seems to be the likely superdog.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #42145 on: June 28, 2015, 09:24:21 pm »

I get distracted from my early fort building to check some migrants, and notice a large amount of the river was covered in blood... I check the reports page and there were 6 reports. 5 of them were Hippos fighting, the 6th was one stray dog. Worried, I check the dead tab and...

5 dead hippos, no dead dog. Wasn't even trained, just some random stray dog killed FIVE hippos all by itself it seems. Could have been all four of my stray dogs due to reports tab being vague, but one of my dogs apparently has 136 strength now, so it seems to be the likely superdog.
Your fort's military leader.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42146 on: June 28, 2015, 10:02:44 pm »

I also just recently got 2 puppies. I think they're the offspring of SuperDog, as one has 86 strength, and the other has 43. Might start an elite bloodline of megadogs as my main line of defense until I have a bunch of legendary axedwarfs all in steel armor.

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42147 on: June 28, 2015, 11:11:45 pm »

Here's a little something i made to commemorate the event:

I would like to steal this for use.

Go ahead, please!
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42148 on: June 28, 2015, 11:29:14 pm »

A siege! A siege! Rouse the military, arm the civilians! Move all the animals but the dogs, leave those at the gate! Get that beast master to his station! Close the main gate, open the sally port! Unforbid all the good ammo, go go g- What? Ten goblins...? Okay, kill them all... What a dissapo-LLLYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIT!!! I checked the u menu, 534 goblins, 38 trolls, 44 giant olms, and a ton of beak dogs... Well, open the main gate. Our new masters are here... My second fort fell to a massive siege, wherein my dwarves killed almost the entire siege anyway. Proud of those filthy beards.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42149 on: June 28, 2015, 11:34:45 pm »

A siege! A siege! Rouse the military, arm the civilians! Move all the animals but the dogs, leave those at the gate! Get that beast master to his station! Close the main gate, open the sally port! Unforbid all the good ammo, go go g- What? Ten goblins...? Okay, kill them all... What a dissapo-LLLYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIT!!! I checked the u menu, 534 goblins, 38 trolls, 44 giant olms, and a ton of beak dogs... Well, open the main gate. Our new masters are here... My second fort fell to a massive siege, wherein my dwarves killed almost the entire siege anyway. Proud of those filthy beards.
And people said giant sieges never happen anymore  :P
Good job on your dwarves for surviving so long though.
Pages: 1 ... 2808 2809 [2810] 2811 2812 ... 3838