Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 849149 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (and Pathfinder), share your experiences.
« Reply #990 on: November 21, 2015, 04:04:47 am »

I've been invited to play a Pathfinder game, but I've never even touched the system before. Could I bother the good posters of this thread for a brief rundown on how PF works, maybe a link to some helpful resources?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 21, 2015, 04:09:10 am »

It's 95% similar to D&D 3.5, so almost anything you know about 3.5 can be translated into PF.
Also, it's all free, on this SRD.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 21, 2015, 04:11:59 am »

That's...pretty helpful, yeah. Thanks.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 22, 2015, 12:01:58 am »

It's the other 5% that throws me...
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 22, 2015, 12:28:37 am »

Yeah it's closer to 3.5e than any given D&D edition is to any other edition
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 22, 2015, 02:39:31 am »

Was there ever official errata released for Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss? The description of the Sibriex demons mentions spell like abilities that aren't in their stat block and I'd like to know what's up with that.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 23, 2015, 05:35:02 am »

There's a reason that the most common nickname for PF is D&D 3.75, after all.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 27, 2015, 09:42:31 am »

I killed my buddy's "father" (his maker) while possessed (but the thing was, I was gonig to do it outside of possession because reasons) and he lost his mechanus (his big ass robot) in the same round.

My buddy lost everyone his character loved in the matter of seconds. And since he's an android of a sort and generally emotionless, its pretty bad when he feels only loss.

Why did I kill him? He had unlocked the secrets of immortality and had knowledge of power so great, that we had a vision of the world being destroyed, and my character knew this knowledge was too great to be known. And because of that, he took every note, every book and every memory orb so no one who comes by here will know what happened. He also copied the notes so he will remember what was written on them, so if he loses it (and he kind of did), he knows what to look for when someone is trying to recreate it.

Oh, and my character is permanently possessed by this guy and sees him every now and then in the distance.

Oh, and the guy who possessed me? He's based on Reznov
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 28, 2015, 07:43:25 am »

Our party's Cleric looks like he's gonna be dropping out of our Pathfinder game due to a change in his work hours. I'm trying to decide if switching my Leadership cohort from a Summoner to a Cleric might be a good choice.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 28, 2015, 01:08:30 pm »

Healers are always useful.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 28, 2015, 02:52:53 pm »

And as long as you don't have anyone who actually wants to be a healbot, it's usually better to delegate that to a friendly NPC/hireling/cohort/UMD guy with wands to avoid anyone having to take one for the team.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 28, 2015, 08:30:52 pm »

I... I um... I think my character has a problem. He is a Paladin of Pyros, and no Pyros is not the The Slow Doberman of Justice but the deific fire Elemental being in my friends game. There is temples of Pyros across the world that each has a "Wall of Flame". Each wall is a "relative" flame elemental of Pyros that is birthed within the temple. One of the ways to commune with Pyros is to walk into the wall. It's only done either for very few ceremonial purposes, crisis of faith, or the last is if one feels like its time to return to the Flame.

Well, over the course of the campaign Gregory had gone into various Walls more times just in the past year, let alone over the course of the entire time Gregory had been with the Paladins of Pyros, than any other member in the chronicled history of the Order's existence. Now he has a intricate design that has a golden glow coming from within his left hand and forearm. The only time the phenomenon occurred happened with the few paladins returned to the flame within one of the walls. Right before they disappeared in the flame, their entire bodies were covered in the said glowing designs.

I feel like Gregory might be addicted to going into the said walls at this point, much like a character who shoots up enough maco to get blue arm.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 28, 2015, 10:04:30 pm »

Is there any particular reason he keeps walking into the Wall of Flame? Just because you can take several hitpoints worth of damage without consequence doesn't mean you should.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 29, 2015, 04:11:00 am »

Is there any particular reason he keeps walking into the Wall of Flame? Just because you can take several hitpoints worth of damage without consequence doesn't mean you should.
I beg to differ. My wizard regularly stops arrows with her face during the surprise round simply because she has an ungodly amount of hit points and it saves the party worrying about spending valuable time and resources trying to find hidden enemies.

Actually, given her habits, it's starting to look like a far better idea to have that Cleric cohort. Since she was raised inside the temple of Nethys, I guess she'll get one from that faith. It's a shame though, I'd much rather a cleric with access to the Travel and Luck domain (or alternatively, Madness).

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 29, 2015, 08:58:05 am »

Yeah the travel domain is *boss*. Free motion x rounds per day without preparation, yes please! Not to mention teleportation.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 623